Oh Crikey, Happening With Silver Items Too?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Oh Crikey, Happening With Silver Items Too?!

Blimey, it seems even the ranges that used to be solidly made have undergone a "transformation".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CROP_20171001_211940.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	14644

(Saw an ad in a break for car perfume...)
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Whaaat! My car doesn't use perfume - it prefers after-shave! I only watch this channel for a few minutes now and again, I can't believe how much they've gone down the tubes and I find 'Meels' and some of the others totally irritating, not to mention the off-the-wall prices. They've passed their sell-by date on this channel - I'm out....
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    Blimey, it seems even the ranges that used to be solidly made have undergone a "transformation".

Name:	CROP_20171001_211940.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	14644

(Saw an ad in a break for car perfume...)

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, i have to confess its my comment on the gems facebook page, i borrow the facebook page from an old friend of mine to use as i cant be bothered to go through the rigmarole of setting up my own. I dont know if this is just a few additions to the seni busana range or whether its all going to be like this but it was like chalk and cheese compared to the old range they did, which was up to and including 15g of silver with a cabachon in balinese style designs with a modern quirky twist which i rather liked,as they were definitely different and very wearable for everyday, the ones they showed yesterday were tiny stones, peach moonstone or turquoise and you could barely see the detail on the bands and uninspiring, how sad, what in gods name they think they are doing is beyond me, as for car perfume, well i am lost for words.
    Likes AndyW, donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
    Okay, i have to confess its my comment on the gems facebook page, i borrow the facebook page from an old friend of mine to use as i cant be bothered to go through the rigmarole of setting up my own. I dont know if this is just a few additions to the seni busana range or whether its all going to be like this but it was like chalk and cheese compared to the old range they did, which was up to and including 15g of silver with a cabachon in balinese style designs with a modern quirky twist which i rather liked,as they were definitely different and very wearable for everyday, the ones they showed yesterday were tiny stones, peach moonstone or turquoise and you could barely see the detail on the bands and uninspiring, how sad, what in gods name they think they are doing is beyond me, as for car perfume, well i am lost for words.
    Saw part of a show yesterday with a fizz bomb to put into the bath. What next, verruca removers with the smell of tanzanite?
    Thanks AndyW thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, dont give them ideas, how about a back scrubber laced with tiny diamonds.
    Thanks AndyW thanked for this post
    Likes iloveshopping liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's going to be a nose-hair trimmer with multi-gemstone blades...

Quote Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
    Ooh, dont give them ideas, how about a back scrubber laced with tiny diamonds.

Post Thanks / Like

No, their own version of Poo Spray infused with real rare gems.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heck, I just caught the advert for the car perfume! It looks like the Taj Mahal on a chain waving about above the front windscreen. I would think if you moved your head when you were driving, it could easily give you concussion. Cheap and nasty-looking was the phrase that sprung to my mind..... I also see it's Gemporia's birthday weekend, so I suppose that means a load of overpriced, supposedly 'bargain buys'. If it's anything like the last "Sale" a few months back, they can keep it with my compliments.
    Likes Anna liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    No, it's going to be a nose-hair trimmer with multi-gemstone blades...
    Oh, I could do with one of them!
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
    Likes AndyW liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    ...I also see it's Gemporia's birthday weekend, so I suppose that means a load of overpriced, supposedly 'bargain buys'. If it's anything like the last "Sale" a few months back, they can keep it with my compliments.
    Yes but it lasts TWO WEEKS...and looking at a random sample of the Timed Auctions page, I suspect you're right. Nothing spectacular so far.

An auction just run I think crystallises my issues now with a lot of Gems pieces (apart from inadequate metal weights & lack of any design). This multi-colour tourmaline ring:

Name:	CROP_20171002_171854.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	14645

The colours are great but there is absolutely NO guarantee that your ring will look anything like it. Some Feefo reviews for similar pieces shout about single colours or dull colours. IMHO, if you're going to show a piece, clamour on about the specific colours in the one that you're showing, you should only make enough rings that match what you're marketing. Otherwise it's no different to the old market traders that used to pass off shoddy versions of what they used to shout about ("bait & switch"). To be fair, the web page details do say that colours may vary but not once did the presenter say this.