Touchy Feely.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Does it creep anyone else out to see the guests mauling the models the way some of them do? This morning, Marla Wynne was all over them, even slapping one of them on the bum when she was done pawing down her sides. On last night's TSV launch, she had to get up on the catwalk, as usual, and she was touching all of them. She squeezed Peiro (Sorry, I have no idea on spelling!) round the ribs and made her draw back. It didn't look as though Peiro was enjoying it at all but she just had to grin and bear it. Perhaps it's just me but it doesn't feel right to see. And, to be frank, given the way some people are these days, she could be accused of sexual harassment or something, even though I'm sure it's all just harmless and part of her "style", so to speak. Don't mind them tweaking the garments but some seem to go overboard with it.

Moth---I saw a little of the repeat show this morning & thought exactly the same thing.

I absolutely agree with you, Moth, and trying to be careful how I say this but it has seemed a bit creepy to me too and I didn't want to comment on here about it, knowing most people like her (and I DO) and probably don't notice. She has always handled the clothing on the models and once nearly embarrassed Sally who was not wearing underwear....Marla still refers to it. It does make me feel uneasy watching her shows.

If it isn't acceptable for a male to do it then it isn't acceptable for a woman.

However in the world of fashion loveys it is probably the norm, not that that makes it ok. Fixing the clothes is one thing but touching body parts is another (unless it is at an actual fitting)

Before I ever found out Marla Wynne had kids, I thought she was a lesbian, nothing at all wrong with being a lesbian, I just thought she was one.............my gaydar was way off on that one eh? :mysmilie_17:

I don't know about Marla, but certainly Pippa / Pipa Gordon looked like a piece of Emmental earlier. She sported a strange top / poncho with holes in it.

Does anyone remember the time when Lenny Feinberg yanked down a model's top almost to the point where her breasts pinged out?! I guess it was kind of funny but obviously not for the model. You wouldn't expect to be molested on live TV. This is QVC in the 2010's, not Top of the Pops in 1974. That creep Savile used to touch people up, didn't he?

And what about those two women. I forget who they were but they were quite posh "stylist" types who would forever bang on about how a top looked over a woman's "tits," or how something fitted over their "arse." I think at one point they even mentioned the word "fanny." I just found it vulgar and strange. It was as though they were trying to push the boundaries and see what they could get away with. Imagine if Glen Campbell or Charlie Brook started talking about how some trousers fitted over a man's "cock?" (!)(That'll be the story coming through there, eh Glen?) (Excuse the vulgarity - it's just the equivalent language, although I suppose men have an "arse" too, but not "tits" (well some do, but not me though!)

Ooh, found a good link. Watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYjGvkp0-c

Last edited:
Before I ever found out Marla Wynne had kids, I thought she was a lesbian, nothing at all wrong with being a lesbian, I just thought she was one.............my gaydar was way off on that one eh? :mysmilie_17:

She could be a lesbian and have kids.

A COMPLETE COINCIDENCE - - -As I was reading this, and listening to Radio 4, the continuity announcer trailed a programme about the "controversy of touching up models"

Had he been reading this thread?

It turns out it was about the touching up of model's photographs in fashion magazines, coming up in Woman's Hour.

I don't know about Marla, but certainly Pippa / Pipa Gordon looked like a piece of Emmental earlier. She sported a strange top / poncho with holes in it.

Does anyone remember the time when Lenny Feinberg yanked down a model's top almost to the point where her breasts pinged out?! I guess it was kind of funny but obviously not for the model. You wouldn't expect to be molested on live TV. This is QVC in the 2010's, not Top of the Pops in 1974. That creep Savile used to touch people up, didn't he?

And what about those two women. I forget who they were but they were quite posh "stylist" types who would forever bang on about how a top looked over a woman's "tits," or how something fitted over their "arse." I think at one point they even mentioned the word "fanny." I just found it vulgar and strange. It was as though they were trying to push the boundaries and see what they could get away with. Imagine if Glen Campbell or Charlie Brook started talking about how some trousers fitted over a man's "cock?" (!)(That'll be the story coming through there, eh Glen?) (Excuse the vulgarity - it's just the equivalent language, although I suppose men have an "arse" too, but not "tits" (well some do, but not me though!)

Ooh, found a good link. Watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYjGvkp0-c

Oh yes, I think you mean Trinny and Susanna, they were always going on about "tits". Very innapropriate I used to think. Glad they aren't on any more.

Whilst I could never watch Trinny and Suzannah because I thought they were rubbish at what they did, not my cup of tea at all, and I think often they got it wrong - just my 2c worth.

However, on the subject of this thread, I think as I sit here laughing, that you are all totally wrong. I don't think there was anything untoward with Marla at any stage with the models, and I watch always when she's here, so there are not too many of her appearances that I've missed (if any).

I think some people go way overboard with this sort of discussion. I would be the first to jump on the bandwagon if I thought there was anything wrong with Marla or any other fashion designer - but I don't on this occasion.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that models are used to this as a way of the designers making sure their designs sit as they intended - nothing wrong with it in my books. I can assure you all, these models will have had hands all over them without complaint, if they thought otherwise, they would complain even if their job depended on it, but it has always been seen as part of what models and designers do. A friend of mine was a model for many years until fairly recently.

If there is any 'touchy feely' of an inappropriate kind, I'd be the first to say even if they're models, and are used to this, that doesn't make it right. I'm afraid I live in a world where way too much emphasis on this kind of thing, is given.

I'm laughing because I just think this discussion is ridiculous - but hey whom am I, I'm not a model, and I've never been in that industry, so what do I know at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back