Shay & Blue Perfume Collection TSV 11/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not a fan of jasmine it can go very screechy on me hence I cannot wear No5 or Alien. This one I can wear without a problem.

Good for you Tarketta.

Mine has shipped. I suppose to Shay & Blue 3.5K is massive to sell in one day compared to selling via their website or in M&S.

I'm not a huge fan of jasmine either but I have skin with a tendency to be oily so I find that quite jasmine scents that are heady in the bottle actually end up smelling rather nice on me - I love No 5 but my all time fave jasmine scent is Pure Poison, I always feel like a right minx when I wear that!

I can't bear Alien on me, it's one of those ones that either gives me a headache or ends up smelling like tom cat!

Hmmmm, I could be tempted by a good deal on another fragrance! Perfume is another of my obsessions (and, unfortunately, hoards!).

Likewise, luckily I'd already smelled this one in Marks and didn't like it but if they have a deal on one I do like then I will be succumbing!!! I just like having choice as I'll choose a perfume each morning that depends on various factors: time of day/year, weather, what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling etc etc

One of my obsessions too. I used to travel a lot for work and could never go past a duty free shop without buying some perfume. I would have liked a little collection of mini EDTs. I see the S&B site does some EDP minis for £75 but I want to try them for much less than that. I shall definitely have to look in the big M&S but don't expect to be over there before December. Mind you a number of us have said about checking in M&S so this debut can only have done the company's exposure a lot of good even if they don't stay on Q (like so many). Perhaps they will do a little EDT set for Xmas.

What are we like? We obviously have the obsessiveness gene! I am definitely someone who is affected by smells (hence Yankee Candles also piling up!). A pleasing smell, particularly one which evokes a memory, can really affect my mood. Same with ones I don't like, of course.

To digress, but on the subject of perfumes and moods, likes and dislikes: I used to work with someone who absolutely reeked of a perfume I had already decided I hated after trying it in a shop when it first came out - it stayed on my coat sleeve for weeks too - thank goodness for dry cleaning! I think it was a very, very strong scent anyway but my nose was particularly attuned to it to the extent that I could almost tell when this colleague entered the building and if someone got on the train with it, I'd have to move seats. To be fair, the security guard at front desk commented once about it (it reminded him of toilet cleaner), as did a couple of the guys, so it wasn't just me who found it unpleasantly strong. It used to send me into an internal rage when I smelt it in the end, so annoyed was I that someone would dare to wear it near me - really bad! Anyway, I won't mention the name of it in case I offend anyone here who uses it - I believe it can still be bought!

Bag gate on QVC Facebook, people complaining about the bag in the photo yet Dom confirmed no bag.

One woman is stating false advertising.

Others that QVC buyers got the amount so wrong as it sold out at 9.30am

Dom did have it up on his Facebook and loads who wouldn't normally watch QVC bought at midnight.

Oh, the entitlement! It's called commerce, you crazy Facebookers - sometimes things are popular and sell well!

What are we like? We obviously have the obsessiveness gene! I am definitely someone who is affected by smells (hence Yankee Candles also piling up!). A pleasing smell, particularly one which evokes a memory, can really affect my mood. Same with ones I don't like, of course.

To digress, but on the subject of perfumes and moods, likes and dislikes: I used to work with someone who absolutely reeked of a perfume I had already decided I hated after trying it in a shop when it first came out - it stayed on my coat sleeve for weeks too - thank goodness for dry cleaning! I think it was a very, very strong scent anyway but my nose was particularly attuned to it to the extent that I could almost tell when this colleague entered the building and if someone got on the train with it, I'd have to move seats. To be fair, the security guard at front desk commented once about it (it reminded him of toilet cleaner), as did a couple of the guys, so it wasn't just me who found it unpleasantly strong. It used to send me into an internal rage when I smelt it in the end, so annoyed was I that someone would dare to wear it near me - really bad! Anyway, I won't mention the name of it in case I offend anyone here who uses it - I believe it can still be bought!

AndiK, I need to know which perfume it was - I'm sure if anyone wears it, they won't be offended :mysmilie_17:

My personal dislikes are perfumes with sandalwood in them (give me a headache almost instantly or aforementioned tom cat smell on me) but my number one dislike is Cool Water for Women - that also sends me into an irrational rage when I smell it anywhere. Apologies to anyone who wears it!

QVC are relying on 'smell' products more and more. The list is endless - Yankee- Molton Brown- L'Occitaine, most of the skin care shows, etc etc - all the guests have to do is be articulate in their description of desert islands, pine forests, Christmas puddings, cut grass, tropical flowers (?).

I could do it too -, the smell of my dog after she's been intoxicated by fox poo, burning toast, potatoes going 'off' in their plastic bag, plastic saucepan handle burning on the stove ! etc etc ...my list is endless as well.

I once worked with someone who drowned themselves in Obsession. You could smell her walking down the corridor and the 2 people who shared an office with her were forever complaining how her perfume gave them a headache and how she reapplied it during the day.
Sorry if anybody likes it but I simply cannot stand the smell of Thierry Mugler , Angel perfume. I`ve just returned from holiday and someone sitting close to me on the plane reeked of it. It`s a perfume which literally makes me gag.

AndiK, I need to know which perfume it was - I'm sure if anyone wears it, they won't be offended :mysmilie_17:

My personal dislikes are perfumes with sandalwood in them (give me a headache almost instantly or aforementioned tom cat smell on me) but my number one dislike is Cool Water for Women - that also sends me into an irrational rage when I smell it anywhere. Apologies to anyone who wears it!

Erm, can we put things in Spoiler boxes on this forum?

OK, here's a clue: it begins with A and it came out in the late 1990s.

PS I bought Cool Water for Women once and quite liked it but soon went off it. No, I'm not offended at all!

I once worked with someone who drowned themselves in Obsession. You could smell her walking down the corridor and the 2 people who shared an office with her were forever complaining how her perfume gave them a headache and how she reapplied it during the day.
Sorry if anybody likes it but I simply cannot stand the smell of Thierry Mugler , Angel perfume. I`ve just returned from holiday and someone sitting close to me on the plane reeked of it. It`s a perfume which literally makes me gag.

I tried Angel in a shop once and loved it. So I bought a bottle in a Xmas gift set in the January sales and it was really different. I still have it but hardly wear it, although I don't mind it - definitely wouldn't buy it again.

I first got introduced to The Body Shops "White Musk" in the mid eighties and fell in love with it, it's the most gorgeous smell I'd ever smelt.

Aw I'm glad, this way if you know how to check for OTOs you can get in nice and early, you don't have to wait now..........win! win! :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_14:

Brilliant. For all my annoyance with QVC, I do think they have some very good deals now and again and so still like to keep an eye open. I know you've closed your account and you are adept at finding great buys elsewhere but are you ever tempted by anything at all on QVC? Come on, admit it - you get your friend to order nearly every TSV on your behalf, don't you?!
:mysmilie_454:

Erm, can we put things in Spoiler boxes on this forum?

OK, here's a clue: it begins with A and it came out in the late 1990s.

PS I bought Cool Water for Women once and quite liked it but soon went off it. No, I'm not offended at all!

Amarige by Givenchy?

Thought it was just me - angel makes me gag too

Angel is an assault to the senses for me, I once worked with someone who wore it every day. It was so strong that someone else complained about it to her,she was outraged but continued to wear it. We were glad when she left a few weeks later. :mysmilie_866:

The absolute worst for me though is Clinique Aromatics Elixir, a migraine inducer if there ever was one!!! how anyone can spray themselves with that.....good grief!

Latest posts

Back