time for the chop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Having seen Jill Franks tonight, surely its time to get her hair cut. Its thin and continually looks in need of a good wash. Tonight on diamonique she keeps trying to get the thin strands out of her face, and it just makes her face look haggard and much older. I've just had my long hair cut because the same thing was happening, - the longer it gets the thinner and finer it becomes with no bounce. Its now in a chin length bob and feels much fuller and thicker again. Franks might be menopausal which plays havoc with once luscious locks. Its hard to make 'the cut' as you feel your cutting off your youth, but as it is now, she looks anything but young !

I agree a cut is long overdue but she is not the only presenter that could do with a restyle.

Oh yes most definitely, I thinks she feels that having long hair and a love for all things pink and glittery keeps her looking young...........Jill, you might want to think again.

Looking at Jill now, she looks like a little old lady with lank hair. I think we can say none of qvc lotions and potions work. We know she has tried them all.:mysmilie_17:

Anyway, hopefully you won't see her as much from now till after Christmas as I'm sure she'll be reprising her role as Dave Hill in her Slade tribute band, as we all know it's nearly Chrissssssssmaaaaaaaaassssss!! :mysmilie_14: as you'll hear Noddy Holder scream at least once between now and the 25th of December. :mysmilie_17:

We spent months with her fiddling with it while she grew out her fringe, and now she's still brushing it from her face when on air! I would think she puts a lot of 'products' on it to get it straight, but its having an adverse effect - making it look lank ...... not a good look on anyone, especially someone her age. Where are all the stylists ????? (probably wouldn't dream of telling fashionista Jill what to do)

Having seen Jill Franks tonight, surely its time to get her hair cut. Its thin and continually looks in need of a good wash. Tonight on diamonique she keeps trying to get the thin strands out of her face, and it just makes her face look haggard and much older. I've just had my long hair cut because the same thing was happening, - the longer it gets the thinner and finer it becomes with no bounce. Its now in a chin length bob and feels much fuller and thicker again. Franks might be menopausal which plays havoc with once luscious locks. Its hard to make 'the cut' as you feel your cutting off your youth, but as it is now, she looks anything but young !

I have the opposite problem, my hair is just past chin length and is really thick. Takes ages to dry, my hairdresser is telling people how to make their thin hair appear thicker and then tells me that is a problem I don't have.

You may grumble Lemon, but you'd hate to be in the shower and feel like you're just washing your scalp cos your hair is so fine it feels like nothing ! Enjoy your hair, lucky thing.

Jilly is another one we used to say she would look better some shape and style in it.

Never will happen JF,Claire and Jilly are the polar opposites of CHuntley who changes it at the drop of a hat.

You may grumble Lemon, but you'd hate to be in the shower and feel like you're just washing your scalp cos your hair is so fine it feels like nothing ! Enjoy your hair, lucky thing.

I don't think any of us are satisfied with our hair. Too thick, too thin, too straight, too curly, too dry, too greasy.

I agree that we are never satisfied. I had very thick hair pre menopause and whilst it has thinned a little it is still thick. Everyone says I'm lucky but thick hair has its own problems although I appreciate it is nothing compared to those who have hair loss.

When I was battling with hot flushes I felt as if I had a balaclava helmet on so I got it chopped off. Now it refuses to grow down but grows out resembling an Afro but wavy instead of curls.

I agree that we are never satisfied. I had very thick hair pre menopause and whilst it has thinned a little it is still thick. Everyone says I'm lucky but thick hair has its own problems although I appreciate it is nothing compared to those who have hair loss.

When I was battling with hot flushes I felt as if I had a balaclava helmet on so I got it chopped off. Now it refuses to grow down but grows out resembling an Afro but wavy instead of curls.

If you remember Crystal Tips then that is what I look like when my hair is dry awaiting straightening. Thank heavens for ghd's

I always had long hair, but decided when I reached my later years that long hair is no longer for me, so I had it cut just below my ears and I'm fine with it. Jill is 52 and I think she should have it cut, but each to their own, I was still in my 50s with long black hair which everyone who knew me since I was 15 or so, couldn't imagine me with short hair.

I think she should have it cut and I also think she should have a different colour, I don't like her with the blond'ish look.:mysmilie_48:

jills hair is fine and coloured but its far from lank and greasy. for her hair type its in fair condition. i do agree her eyebrows are too dark and bushy though

jills hair is fine and coloured but its far from lank and greasy. for her hair type its in fair condition. i do agree her eyebrows are too dark and bushy though

It drags her face down though. She has a long, thin face anyway & the long thin curtains of hair just exaggerate it. I think she'd look better with it shorter, say chin length, with some width at the sides. Let's face it, she'd look better with a bit more width all over.

Just had a quick look at the TSV and was surprised to see Princess Jackie is using bendy pipe cleaners as hair extensions, at least that's what it looks like as the bottom of her hair is bent all ways, it looks like it's dragging her face down too...........shouting and talking over each other and after ten seconds, over the channel goes.

Just had a quick look at the TSV and was surprised to see Princess Jackie is using bendy pipe cleaners as hair extensions, at least that's what it looks like as the bottom of her hair is bent all ways, it looks like it's dragging her face down too...........shouting and talking over each other and after ten seconds, over the channel goes.

Yes saw a few seconds,not a good look.

It drags her face down though. She has a long, thin face anyway & the long thin curtains of hair just exaggerate it. I think she'd look better with it shorter, say chin length, with some width at the sides. Let's face it, she'd look better with a bit more width all over.

it does drag her face down the style that is. but i don't agree that her hair is in bad condition its fine and coloured but she uses a good hairdresser to keep that type of hair in the good condition its in

Jills hair may well be in good condition, but it does 'separate' the way that 'lank' hair does when there's no volume. We all strive to be more youthful in our appearance, but honestly ? when she wears skinny leggings, killer heels she can barely walk in, cold shoulder tops that swamp her, and her long fine hair, it just makes her look like a caricature of someone desperate to be 20 again. She needs seriously taking in hand, because at 52 she could still be youthful and 'on trend' without looking so daft.

Latest posts

Back