Yankee Steven - Should or will he ever come back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Anything Fakebook can do we can do better, right! :mysmilie_17:

Not fully aware of the whole story of Steven and Hairgate but should QVC take him back or do you think one day he will return?

Surely, it wasn't that awful what happened or was it?

I though Steven was fairly good and enjoyed his presentations but curious to hear this forum's thoughts on it! :mysmilie_8:

Yes it was awful.... but it was his foul-mouthed, misogynistic husband at fault.

I would like him to come back but think we are past the point of no return.

Just goes to demonstrate the perils of social media (and perhaps alcohol in combination)!

The bloke sold candles, no more, no less and I`m not a Yankee fan so never watched him anyway. You can`t be on telly and not expect people to complain when your abusive partner wades in. Live by the sword, die by the sword when social media and selly telly are involved. Folk still buy the brand, QVC still sells the brand so apart from a bit of swishing and pardon the pun , waxing lyrical about artificially fragranced lumps of wax, it appears for Yankee candles and QVC it`s business as usual.

Well since it is nothing to do with QVC. Yankee Candles are the ones who employed him as a guest presenter(they paid his wages), no he will never come back.

They have an image for YC and Stephen does not fit in with that. The fantasy home wafting smelly melt wax round the perfect lifestyle. He has burnt his wick and rightfully gone. Lets not forget this was the second episode he was involved in through his partner. Employers now regularly check would be employees' Facebook accounts photos etc which appear publicly which brings the company into disrepute. No job.

to be fair he was not at fault. he maybe should not have a smutty mouthed partner but he should not have been sacked imo

But he didn't even try to apologize for the comments made by his partner. Kept his mouth shut. So yes good bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out. As I said this was actually the second time the partner made comments to women over Stephen. So no doubt YC gave a pass, second strike you are out.

Wonder what John Lewis did in the end over their employee making the comments? It was reported to them.

Stephen spends his days running his own shop and brown nosing CHuntley

But he didn't even try to apologize for the comments made by his partner. Kept his mouth shut. So yes good bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out. As I said this was actually the second time the partner made comments to women over Stephen. So no doubt YC gave a pass, second strike you are out.

Wonder what John Lewis did in the end over their employee making the comments? It was reported to them.

Stephen spends his days running his own shop and brown nosing CHuntley

Him and CHuntley seem rather obsessed with each other. As my old Mum would say....they don't spoil a pair. I wonder if Stephen is her personal hair dye advisor:mysmilie_59:

I liked Stephen, and I was sorry that he went, but I don't believe he should come back for Yankee Candles.

It is a harsh reality these days that what occurs on social media matters. I think Stephen's husband put him in a very bad situation, where he could alienate customers or his hubby. At the end of the day, jobs come and go - he could have thrown hubby under the bus (metaphorically speaking) and still ended up losing his job over this or something else. If you have found someone you love (warts and all), and who makes your life complete, then for me siding with his husband is understandable.

I hope Stephen's life and business flourish, but he has to move on, we have to move on, and so do his army of fans on facebook etc.

I think hubby needs to take a long hard look at himself and his attitudes and behaviour and what he can do to turn them around - particularly being so easily provoked to lashing out verbally (hopefully just verbally). I cannot imagine the situation left him unscathed any more than it did Stephen.

I can't help thinking all the wishful thinking is in part because the replacements who they have found do not have his authentic love for Yankee Candles and his knowledge about the products. Thank goodness they still have Rosa, but they need a better foil for her. It was nice that the second presenter was male, and had very different fragrance likes.

I think the search for a good replacement for Stephen needs to continue, but just don't draft in a former presenter we were glad to see the back of!

to be fair he was not at fault. he maybe should not have a smutty mouthed partner but he should not have been sacked imo

Well to be honest it was as good as his fault, he didn't openly come out and say he in no way shape or form condoned what his partner said, and he apologises on his behalf, so, because he didn't distance, or want to distance himself, yes I'm afraid it's guilty by association, so yes it was technically as good as his fault.

Well to be honest it was as good as his fault, he didn't openly come out and say he in no way shape or form condoned what his partner said, and he apologises on his behalf, so, because he didn't distance, or want to distance himself, yes I'm afraid it's guilty by association, so yes it was technically as good as his fault.

I have to agree. Steven did irritate me a bit but he knew his stuff and I was used to him (as opposed to the new presenters who seem poor to me). I didn't shed a tear when he left though. I said at the time, his not speaking out against what his partner/husband had said was like tacit agreement with it. If he had apologised, explained or just said sorry if anyone was offended, it may not have won him the right to keep the job but it would have shown he didn't condone the abuse. That would have sat better with a lot of people, myself included (not that he is in the least bothered what we think, I'm sure!). I know some are of the view that it's not up to Steven to apologise for his other half's behaviour but the things that were said were in his name or in defence of him so he (Steven) should have at least said sorry for any offence. In my humble opinion.

If the fanboys and girls on social media managed to get Steven reinstated, I'd be very surprised. Not to mention annoyed.

Thanks Andi, all Steven had to do was say publicly that he understood why his potty mouth partner acted like he did, but doesn't condone what he said, more importantly than that though, potty mouth himself should never have spoken out like that knowing it'll possibly lose his partner his job, or best case publicly apologised so there could be a slight chance he might keep it, neither of them did so Yankee quite rightly got rid of one half of a foul mouthed, aggressive, rude couple...........bingo!! :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

well yankee and qvc have lost a great ambassador no one imo can replace him. rosa is good but stephen was my fav.

I haven't the foggiest notion of what this is all about, indeed, I was unaware Stephen had gone. He has his own Yankee Candle shop, and I personally preferred his presentations, so would someone please point me to where I can find out the story behind this. I'm oblivious.:headbang::mysmilie_486:

I haven't the foggiest notion of what this is all about, indeed, I was unaware Stephen had gone. He has his own Yankee Candle shop, and I personally preferred his presentations, so would someone please point me to where I can find out the story behind this. I'm oblivious.:headbang::mysmilie_486:

See Tarketta's post no. 1134 on p114 of the Social Media thread below - that was earlier this year when the story first came to light. If you read on for the following few pages, you'll see more facts emerged.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/show...That-was-an-eyeopener/page114&highlight=Tacit

Thanks Andi, all Steven had to do was say publicly that he understood why his potty mouth partner acted like he did, but doesn't condone what he said, more importantly than that though, potty mouth himself should never have spoken out like that knowing it'll possibly lose his partner his job, or best case publicly apologised so there could be a slight chance he might keep it, neither of them did so Yankee quite rightly got rid of one half of a foul mouthed, aggressive, rude couple...........bingo!! :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Simple really, yes. I guess we'll never know what went on behind closed doors. I bet someone's wick got trimmed good and proper back home.

Latest posts

Back