Denby Comes to QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been using a Denby Fire set as my day to day service for about 8 years - no chips etc.

Have the Blue Imperial set as a formal service about 10 years old - no chips etc.

Have some 70s Denby soup bowls with lids - used weekly - no chips etc.

BUT... bought the newish Halo range as a breakfast set - chips within two months.... so, beware, the Halo range is nowhere near as robust as the traditional older stuff and we are not that tough on how we use them.

thanks for that. love the blue imperial set. a real classic

I have a Denby 'Chatsworth' set from the 1970's, never used these days but perhaps hoping it will appear on Antiques Roadshow one day!!---but not in my lifetime.

On the news this morning it said that the Denby factory was finally closing after being rescued from closure twice before. Probably a good time to buy direct from them if you like Denby.

If the factory is closing they are probably trying to get rid of excess stock. Not my cup of tea though.

I like the Denby Heritage range so if closing I will buy up spares. Cant see Q selling it. Maybe they are just going to use the name.

Don't think it is Denby that is closing, Poole Pottery closed yesterday and they are owned by Denby.

Don't think it is Denby that is closing, Poole Pottery closed yesterday and they are owned by Denby.

You are probably right, the BBC just quoted that the Denby factory in Derbyshire was finally closing..so which one they meant I'm not sure. It was also on the BBC website. Maybe the factory is relocating only.

Latest posts

Back