NO NO Gilly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Watching Gilly on the fashion show, what is she thinking she has a tight red dress on that is showing every single lump and bump, we all have these I'm sure but Please not to be shown on TV, her stomach is protruding SO much, why did't someone tell her.

I agree. I`d be mortified if I could see myself in a monitor and I looked like that. Whatever are Q playing at when they stuff their presenters into badly fitted clothes ? The poor woman looks awful.

I agree. I`d be mortified if I could see myself in a monitor and I looked like that. Whatever are Q playing at when they stuff their presenters into badly fitted clothes ? The poor woman looks awful.

I agree, there's no spin you could put on why she feels a dress that's too small were the material is tight across the stomach is remotely a good look, or in the least bit "fashionable"

Thrice Nay.. it looks awful and surely It will put people off buying it as who would want to look like that? It must be humiliating to have to wear that on national TV.

Surely when something they are trying to sell looks so bad they don't have to wear it.We have commented over the weeks how awful she has looked in some (most) of the outfits.At first I felt sorry or Jilly but now I think if she cannot negotiate to wear something that flatters her they she deserves all she gets in negative comments.It is many years since my stomach was concave but I would never be seen like this even if it meant wearing a loose waistcoat to cover my bumps.

Dear God is what I said to the TV! What are they thinking???? Isn't there a stylist? I agree, LATI, in the waist up shot she looks really nice but the side shot of the belly and thigh area, my goodness. I'm about to switch to EastEnders and I bet no one on there will look as bad as Jilly! (WEll perhaps Karen!)

Let's put some positive spin on this by each posting a selfie on the Q facebook page to show tummy solidarity with Jilly, Julia and the rest of us who are fully-paid-up members of the middle-aged tummy club! We could do it for charidy seeing as Q's BCC night is sadly missed. Yep I reckon we could all post a photo wearing a too small, whatwasithinking item from QVC fashion! Who's going first? It'll be just like those young lasses who post make up free selfies right?

:mysmilie_5: I'm ready for my close up!

Well I`ve never bought clothes off Q, not even once but my too small/too tight/belly busting outfits are consigned to the "Never Never" wardrobe which is a place of make believe ie. they languish there in the hope that one day they will fit again. A Fairy Tale !

Yes I'll wear leggings and a sleeveless or cold shoulder top with plenty of cleavage & my midriff showing.Lots of bling, white wedge sandals and have straight hair extensions added to my silver locks.Oh & not forgetting the false lashes and plenty of highlighter which should show up the wrinkles nicely.Just one thing I can't do selfies on my 20 year old phone.

Ann Dawson is looking very good in the black coat ( 10:00-11:00p.m) & she has had her off moments in the past.

I think Gilly is a stunning lady and she seems a nice person She also doesn't look her age when she's worn short wigs they have suited her but I think she would look fabulous with a textured hair cut away from her face.
As for Ann Dawson she now wears very loose layered clothing and for what I heard this evening, she was stressing she would not be removing the overcoat, even if it did sell out.

Gilly clearly felt uncomfortable because she tried to keep her tummy covered with the paper in her hand. Like the rest of us, I think she knows her body issues, which is why she generally wears long tops over trousers. So sadly when its tsv fashion she's probably contracted to wear it. Its beyond insanity that the buyers haven't taken issue with the vendor manufacturers of fashion, to get larger samples in stock for their plus size models and larger presenters. Its not rocket science.

Far too often there have been occasions where the studio never has the size or colour samples available, so surely there must be somebody responsible for that ? QVC does not appear to be a tightly run ship at all - with the colour chart of fashion that no-one understands, being just one of a number of issues that need overhauling.

Having experienced how companies are run in the 21st Century by 'managers' with no common sense or low intellect, I cant help but think they would have had their marching orders 30 / 40 years ago by people who knew how to run and manage businesses.

I think Jilly did have a choice because it doesn't take two presenters to wear it, she could've picked something else from the range. Presenters, as we know, call the shots at QVC, can say things and do things and they're never held accountable so I think they're allowed to say "no, that doesn't suit me" after all, it's not in the best interest of QVC to show a poduct or item of clothing in a bad light.

Jilly has her own style relaxed, usually black trousers and a top she is comfortable in and looks fine.

Its usually DF and Julia who tend to wear the TSV no matter what. CHuntley knew to get in and wear the size which fitted her properly. JF is too thin and escaped as it would of been the bull clips for all to see. QVC don't want that.

I think Jilly did have a choice because it doesn't take two presenters to wear it, she could've picked something else from the range. Presenters, as we know, call the shots at QVC, can say things and do things and they're never held accountable so I think they're allowed to say "no, that doesn't suit me" after all, it's not in the best interest of QVC to show a poduct or item of clothing in a bad light.

I've just said the same more or less on the other thread before I read your post.

Watching Gilly on the fashion show, what is she thinking she has a tight red dress on that is showing every single lump and bump, we all have these I'm sure but Please not to be shown on TV, her stomach is protruding SO much, why did't someone tell her.

Thought the same thing.

Latest posts

Back