NO NO Gilly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know all about the camera adding pounds etc but when I hear presenters saying their and the models DHS size is such in such and I know that they are bigger than me and I wouldnt fit that size, I'm not surprised when the clothes don't fit.

We all know that those chesticles of Julia's would never fit into a small. Your dress size is dictated by the size of your biggest bits which is why the dress which fits my hips drowns me on the top.

Ye gods. Someone on the Q Facebook is saying how lovely Jilly looks in the dress.

Specsavers appointment.:mysmilie_17:

They've obviously drank the teachers Christmas present, sorry I mean gift!............hic! :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Are the comments real on qvc facebook though ? I reckon QVC employ people to write positive comments, as no-one could be that stupid to say Gilly looked good.

I know all about the camera adding pounds etc but when I hear presenters saying their and the models DHS size is such in such and I know that they are bigger than me and I wouldnt fit that size, I'm not surprised when the clothes don't fit.

We all know that those chesticles of Julia's would never fit into a small. Your dress size is dictated by the size of your biggest bits which is why the dress which fits my hips drowns me on the top.

Dress size-shmess size! They vary so much from store to store... I wear a size 16 trouser in M&S and Women With Control, but a size 14 in Sainsburys, which covers pretty much all of my trousers. Telling us the high street dress size when they are so inconsistent is worse than useless in my opinion. Models' and presenters' actual measurements would be more useful when stating what size rather than "just go with your normal dress size" - such a cop-out!

Jilly clearly didn't think she looked good in the dress.

Any one with functioning eyeballs could see she didn't look good in the dress.

I think she's too good-natured to kick up a strop about it, or her sales figures aren't strong enough for her to feel that a strop would be effective. She clearly cares more than Anne Dawson does about continuing with QVC. Anne's hours are few and far between (but for me an absolute pleasure). If Jilly could have been given a different garment from the range it would have been better. I said on the other thread that Ouida was clearly very surprised to see Jilly in the dress rather than a jumpsuit or a maxi dress. QVC are fools if they think that there was a sales advantage in putting Jilly in the dress, but it's a tried and tested ploy. Normally the styles and colours that guest and presenter wear (provided they look decent in them) always go first. They obviously had a glut of the red dress to shift.

Dress size-shmess size! They vary so much from store to store... I wear a size 16 trouser in M&S and Women With Control, but a size 14 in Sainsburys, which covers pretty much all of my trousers. Telling us the high street dress size when they are so inconsistent is worse than useless in my opinion. Models' and presenters' actual measurements would be more useful when stating what size rather than "just go with your normal dress size" - such a cop-out!

Jilly clearly didn't think she looked good in the dress.

Any one with functioning eyeballs could see she didn't look good in the dress.

I think she's too good-natured to kick up a strop about it, or her sales figures aren't strong enough for her to feel that a strop would be effective. She clearly cares more than Anne Dawson does about continuing with QVC. Anne's hours are few and far between (but for me an absolute pleasure). If Jilly could have been given a different garment from the range it would have been better. I said on the other thread that Ouida was clearly very surprised to see Jilly in the dress rather than a jumpsuit or a maxi dress. QVC are fools if they think that there was a sales advantage in putting Jilly in the dress, but it's a tried and tested ploy. Normally the styles and colours that guest and presenter wear (provided they look decent in them) always go first. They obviously had a glut of the red dress to shift.
You can't guarantee the same size in the same shop I find.

You can't guarantee the same size in the same shop I find.

Yes, that can also be true... sometimes it's just due to the style and cut... sometimes it's because there is a "tolerance" for variation in measurement for each size. Having done temp work doing quality control on garments, there can be quite a variation in what is acceptable: it can be +/- an inch or more on the measurements. Even if it's just +/- 1 inch, that's a variation of 2 inches in total!

Plus there is also the fact that a garment which is dyed black is stiffer and less stretchy due to the chemical properties of the dyes and their effect on the fabric. You could therefore actually be a different size in a black version of the same garment!

What in the name of bejesus does spaniel ears look like on 2pm show.

Spaniel ears and a reindeer headband?

I've run out of superlatives for Jackie's hair now. It used to be a smart groomed look. Now it looks like a neglected prop from a pantomime. For the love of all that's wonderful, why does she not get it cut and restyled? Is someone pranking her that it looks good? It doesn't suit her face at all. Of course it's only my opinion, but I think her facial features were flattered by her previous cut, and now they are not.

Can she not see that there are 2 distinct colours and a line inbetween (neither are a good colour but at least let them match)

Are these extensions growing?

Poor Jilly, I've always liked her, but oh my goodness I feel as if someone should have said 'Jilly, you can't wear that dress' but they didn't and we're led to believe they have these fashion gurus and stylists but obviously they're not there all the time.

I just feel sad that Jilly must have thought she looked ok - such a pity.

Poor Jilly, I've always liked her, but oh my goodness I feel as if someone should have said 'Jilly, you can't wear that dress' but they didn't and we're led to believe they have these fashion gurus and stylists but obviously they're not there all the time.

I just feel sad that Jilly must have thought she looked ok - such a pity.

I suspect that in Real Life the dress did look nice-enough, even though it's clearly not Jilly's style of thing. Same as the fashion trailer they keep showing with Julia Roberts in the claret-navy dress (think it was a Trinny & Susannah dress) which was cruel in its exposure of her "lumps and bumps"... again it may well have looked flattering before exposure to the harsh glare of the studio lights and the evil added poundage of the TV cameras.

Everything ends up being amplified on TV... Jackie's hair (is it still extensions?) which look dull, and limp and dirty to me being another example.

Latest posts

Back