Awful Quacker! What DO they look like?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I'm sorry but sticking a few sequins onto a Primark T-shirt doesn't make for an elegant look. Jackie Kabler is doing her best to seem interested and keeps saying: "mmm" every time the guest speaks. He is hardly letting her get a word in edgeways!
The models look like uncoordinated frumps. It's not that they are unattractive, it's just the outfits do absolutely NOTHING for them.

Og God, now they're blowing quack whistles with antlers on their heads. I don't think I can stand it much more.

I know they're hideous and no amount of fake hysteria from the two presenters would ever make me buy anything expensive, sequinned covered, Quacker related, no I'd sooner chew my own arm off.

Just had a quick look and heard Princess Jackie mention a "Beth" had tweeted in, if it's the same one that used to be a model for Quacker, the same one that QVC got rid of, the same one the Quacker brand ambassador used to rave over, then I cringe with shame for her. :blush:

A lady at work wore a QF tshirt (I recognised it as I watching a lot of Q then). It was brand new, lovely and fresh looking and I was quite impressed. About 2 weeks later it appeared again, now it looked like a rag so obviously it didn't wash, that was more than enough to never think of the brand again.

It's truly hideous, QF stuff. It looks so juvenile. By the way what did Beth the model say about the other models?

Beth Terrell used to come over from Canada and sell suede jackets, coats etc. I can't remember the brand name....but her husband and she owned the company.
She was small and had long brown hair.
It must be about 4 years since her last visit.

A lot lot longer than 4 years but some of her stuff languished in clearance for years (I kid you not).

The other Beth is the model who gurned a lot, left to have a baby, came back but didn't stay long.

Wonder why Beth T. stopped coming? I never bought from the range but it seemed to be better quality than Quacker f. And the rest of the Crimplene offerings from over the pond.

Beth Terrell sold under the brand name Lizden (hubbie called Dennis maybe?). I still have a couple of washable suede jackets (two still unworn). After a couple of washes an older suede coat started to disintegrate, so they definitely have an expiry date. The brand Casual & Co tried a couple of washable suede items once Beth T left (around 2006?) and Basso did at 4 times the price. There's a gap in the market for washable suede and BT's coats and jackets were classic shapes until later departures with plastic (faux leather) trim and a TSV with laser-cut plastic sections which was very bad. I wonder whether the Q UK "Fashion" Buyers pushed for these changes. I think BT may have had links with Dialogue clothing range which disappeared around the same time Beth did; I still have a pure silk skirt (fully lined in silk) which I wear a couple of times a year. The polyester revolution then took over and we're stuck with it now, even Kimmy has moved away from Viscose (original slinky fabric) towards Polyester. Q fashion hasn't always been all bad.

Back to Quacker: I bought the "dream jeannes" in short length and they are excellent quality and suit my middle-aged spreading waist. Even though my size has stayed the same the hour-glass sand seems to have stalled around my middle! They are heavy-weight cotton (96%) with lots of stretch (4%) and although they say to hand wash they survive my 30 degree machine wash. They also haven't bagged at the knee (and I spend a lot of time curled up on the sofa). The sizing is large on these - I'm a 14-16 and the Small fits well. They seem to put the models in sizes that are too baggy. They should only use larger (and some shorter) models for ranges like this. They're expensive but if they ever had a Jeannes TSV I'd probably buy a few colours. The bling and embroidery is loved by some so they'll keep selling them. Last bit of positivity; Patrick is one of my favourite guests (ignoring quacking noises), pleasant and articulate (rare commodities these days on Q).

Quack Quack!:Sad::screamingpumpkin::screamingpumpkin:

Patrick is only doing what his job description requires him to do, and I don't find him 'un-watchable'. He is pleasant and polite when he's presenting and Q could do with more like him.

I watched the Quacker hour today and loved Patrick's sense of humour - long may he continue....

Patrick is cheerful, polite & doesn't take himself seriously. Obviously he's selling a certain style of clothing & his demeanour is the right one for Quacker. I love all things Christmas except the impact it has on animals - livestock before & abandoned pets after, & do it in the same style every year. I have a QF top from several years ago it's lovely; the quality may have been better then & because it only sees the light of day for a few weeks it still looks new. In a grey & increasingly cruel world I welcome anything that makes us happy.

Patrick is cheerful, polite & doesn't take himself seriously. Obviously he's selling a certain style of clothing & his demeanour is the right one for Quacker. I love all things Christmas except the impact it has on animals - livestock before & abandoned pets after, & do it in the same style every year. I have a QF top from several years ago it's lovely; the quality may have been better then & because it only sees the light of day for a few weeks it still looks new. In a grey & increasingly cruel world I welcome anything that makes us happy.

Yes I agree, I love Christmas and peace and goodwill to all men, bit ironic really considering the amount of animals that are slaughtered to fill our plates (not mine though, I've never eaten meat since I was fourteen) not much peace or goodwill there so yes I agree, as much as I love the Christmas season and spending it with loved ones, this side of it makes me sad.

Years ago, some time after wine o clock, I bought a Quacker sweatshirt. Yes, hideous, what was I thinking? However, I thought after a few washes it would be in the bin. Nope, I have still got it, albeit just worn to do the garden now but it isn't poor quality, quite the opposite. It does not look like a rag, has it's shape, no seams coming to the front or back and the colour is true. As for Patrick, I like him. Yes, he looks like a bit of a nob at times but hey, no one dies and it's a bit of fun.

CC

Totally agree with you CC. If Patrick would represent some other brands as well and Q got rid of the irritating dead-wood guests, it would make for some less boring hours, imo.

Latest posts

Back