Clickfree backup disks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
They were a regular on QVC, and often a TSV.

I've got 4 different models (as I have or had various PCs) and they were all TSVs and cheaper than elsewhere, and they work really well.

In the past, when I've had any queries, I've googled their customer support number. It was easy to find, and free, and as far as I can remember, the CS was in the USA and they were very helpful.

Yesterday I had a query, but google showed no CS at all, just a forum, and that said no-one else could find a number either. They thought the company had been bought out by Intel, and Clickfree were no longer contactable.

So I rang the award winning QVC CS to see if they had a contact number. It turns out that QVC stopped selling them 3 years ago, and they no longer had any info about them.

If you have one, this post is to tell you that their CS has apparently been closed down.

On the other hand, if anyone can find a phone number, please let me know.

Lee must have a million of the things as it was a TSV as often as Dyson is now.

Perhaps he could help as I have heard that he is quite good in that respect.

I have a Clickfree from QVC, bought 6-7 years ago. Love(d) it and it's been great but last year, it started giving a message that an error has occurred when I try to back up. It's still ok on my older computer, not on the newer one (although it worked on both originally). It doesn't give any reason for the error or any suggested way of fixing it apart from "unplug your device and try again". I've never got around to contacting them on this (sounds like I wouldn't have been able to anyway!) but in 2014 I did get in touch about something else - just a use question. Anyway, that was either via an online enquiry form or by email. They replied quite quickly by email. There's no phone number given in the message but I was using [email protected]. Have you tried that?

Actually, looking around the internet as you have done, it does seem to be the consensus that the business is no more.

If you get anywhere, let us know as I might pursue the problem I've got. Alternatively, could you let us know what you get if you end up buying another back-up drive as I think I'd better look to buy something new myself. I was always so good at backing up.

They were a regular on QVC, and often a TSV.

I've got 4 different models (as I have or had various PCs) and they were all TSVs and cheaper than elsewhere, and they work really well.

In the past, when I've had any queries, I've googled their customer support number. It was easy to find, and free, and as far as I can remember, the CS was in the USA and they were very helpful.

Yesterday I had a query, but google showed no CS at all, just a forum, and that said no-one else could find a number either. They thought the company had been bought out by Intel, and Clickfree were no longer contactable.

So I rang the award winning QVC CS to see if they had a contact number. It turns out that QVC stopped selling them 3 years ago, and they no longer had any info about them.

If you have one, this post is to tell you that their CS has apparently been closed down.

On the other hand, if anyone can find a phone number, please let me know.

Clickfree went out of business. They were closed by late January 2016 but could have happened while before, not 100% sure.

I have a Clickfree from QVC, bought 6-7 years ago. Love(d) it and it's been great but last year, it started giving a message that an error has occurred when I try to back up. It's still ok on my older computer, not on the newer one (although it worked on both originally). It doesn't give any reason for the error or any suggested way of fixing it apart from "unplug your device and try again". I've never got around to contacting them on this (sounds like I wouldn't have been able to anyway!) but in 2014 I did get in touch about something else - just a use question. Anyway, that was either via an online enquiry form or by email. They replied quite quickly by email. There's no phone number given in the message but I was using [email protected]. Have you tried that?

Actually, looking around the internet as you have done, it does seem to be the consensus that the business is no more.

If you get anywhere, let us know as I might pursue the problem I've got. Alternatively, could you let us know what you get if you end up buying another back-up drive as I think I'd better look to buy something new myself. I was always so good at backing up.

It was telling me there was not enough space to back up my laptop, and I should remove something from the Clickfree and try again.

I tried to remove files that it backed up from my last-but-two PC, as they are probably irrelevant now, but I couldn't find any way to remove these apart from one by one, of 13,000 files!

I deleted a few, but it would have taken days to delete them. Each one you had to select, then right click, then click delete (the keyboard delete didn't work) then click "are you really sure?". I was hoping to select loads of them by holding down the shift key, but this didn't work either.

And I couldn't access the files via the PC either, they weren't visible.

It was telling me there was not enough space to back up my laptop, and I should remove something from the Clickfree and try again.

I tried to remove files that it backed up from my last-but-two PC, as they are probably irrelevant now, but I couldn't find any way to remove these apart from one by one, of 13,000 files!

I deleted a few, but it would have taken days to delete them. Each one you had to select, then right click, then click delete (the keyboard delete didn't work) then click "are you really sure?". I was hoping to select loads of them by holding down the shift key, but this didn't work either.

And I couldn't access the files via the PC either, they weren't visible.

Grrrrr! That would do my head in! No wonder you would like to contact them! I am not on Facebook or Twitter or I would contact Lee H myself.

someone queried this on Facebook earlier this year but from what i gather lee was unable to help. its a shame really because with these items only will tell how good the company or the gadget is.
still worth a try getting in touch with lee though.

Im just looking at my Clickfree Dongle that i use and loaded up the software as i presume its the same, there is a option to "master reset" which will remove all the backups off the hard drive, you could do that then soon as its done it backup the laptop again , or do you have a few backups on there for different laptops that you need to keep ?

I've got one of these click free back drive thingies from years back that I no longer use, does anyone know the best way to make it safe to dispose of? I assume if I don't delete all the files or destroy the vital part with a lump hammer, my files could be recovered and read by others?

i think the files are encripted as you cant see them , i would run the factory restore then use one of the programs that wipe data to military grade there are some for free , then smash it up

Thanks. Not even sure if it will connect to my MacBook? I used to use it with my windows laptops, I use a completely different system now.

I haven't tried it yet deanos, - I will have to find it first! Until I saw this thread I had not given it a thought for years.

Im just looking at my Clickfree Dongle that i use and loaded up the software as i presume its the same, there is a option to "master reset" which will remove all the backups off the hard drive, you could do that then soon as its done it backup the laptop again , or do you have a few backups on there for different laptops that you need to keep ?

Can't do that as it contains the data from 3 computers, of which 2 have been scrapped, but I may still need some of the correspondence on the backup.

can you restore the items you need then reset ?

There's nowhere to restore them to. I'm currently using a laptop as an emergency computer after my 23" HP touchscreen PC failed, but the laptop hasn't got enough storage.

I am hoping to get a new PC built before too long.

I retrieved the disk from the HP and had it put into a case as a USB drive so I can access the files that hadn't been backed up recently enough.

Latest posts

Back