Aldi Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to let anyone know who's interested, Aldi have their candles back again, be quick though if you're after free delivery. https://www.aldi.co.uk/scentcerity-candle-gift-set/p/080706184164101. :mysmilie_14:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?q=Candles:popular&page=0 Here's a link to what they've got, the Jo Malone type ones are in store.

I was literally just looking at these, trying to decide! I'm not wild about the winter/Xmas fragrances (unless anyone can tell me what to expect from the Mistletoe and Ivy) - I really want to try Aldi candles though. Maybe I'll wait till the next season's range is released.

They are only available in store just now, not onlin

Yeah, the Jo Malone type ones are, but the six and two votive holders https://www.aldi.co.uk/scentcerity-candle-gift-set/p/080706184164101 are still available to order but won't be despatched till the 29th, that's because they're a "special buy". Mind you, I shouldn't really be buying anything, the oven just packed in so off to Argos tomorrow to cry as I part with £440 for another, right on top of Christmas what are the odds? Talk about sods law *sob.......sob*

Yeah, the Jo Malone type ones are, but the six and two votive holders https://www.aldi.co.uk/scentcerity-candle-gift-set/p/080706184164101 are still available to order but won't be despatched till the 29th, that's because they're a "special buy". Mind you, I shouldn't really be buying anything, the oven just packed in so off to Argos tomorrow to cry as I part with £440 for another, right on top of Christmas what are the odds? Talk about sods law *sob.......sob*

Sod's law indeed/ bad luck :( Can you spread the cost with their card?!

Sod's law indeed/ bad luck :( Can you spread the cost with their card?!

Thanks TLL, we were considering getting one, but we thought we'd just bite the bullet and get it done and paid for because we've got some money left from the house sale. What we did was sold our old house, paid the mortgage off and bought this house outright, so mortage free now. Give Argos their due though, got a call yesterday and it's coming on Monday. :mysmilie_46: :mysmilie_14:

Thanks TLL, we were considering getting one, but we thought we'd just bite the bullet and get it done and paid for because we've got some money left from the house sale. What we did was sold our old house, paid the mortgage off and bought this house outright, so mortage free now. Give Argos their due though, got a call yesterday and it's coming on Monday. :mysmilie_46: :mysmilie_14:

Ah well if you CAN pay it all off at once it's always better too - then no nasty debts hanging over you!
I don't like credit really, and avoid it - even easy pays but I understand they help some people...
Sounds like good customer service from argos too :)

Have you tried any of the ALDI candles yourself? If they've got any left meant to order today!

Ah well if you CAN pay it all off at once it's always better too - then no nasty debts hanging over you!
I don't like credit really, and avoid it - even easy pays but I understand they help some people...
Sounds like good customer service from argos too :)

Have you tried any of the ALDI candles yourself? If they've got any left meant to order today!

I've tried different types of candles from Aldi in the past and been pleased with them, especially for the price. :mysmilie_3:

Thanks. By the time I actually managed to order on Saturday, the large jars had all gone and the only remaining set was one of 6 votives (2 of each scent - ivy and mistletoe, spiced orange and spiced berry) with two holders so. I snapped it up at £3.99 and, as it will allow me to smell the whole range, I shall report back!

I received my two packs of six votives and two holders on Wednesday for the whopping price of £3.99 each delivered and I've got to say, honestly say, that these are the best votive candles I have ever used. They smell gorgeous and the throw is brilliant, the smell of two votives fills a whole medium size room and smell gorgeous when they're not even lit, also the votive holders are great quality too. I've only got one complaint though, I should've trusted my instincts and bought four sets not two.

I bought one of their large jars which they have at the moment. They`re £3.99 and I got the spiced orange fragrance. It smells just fine but hasn`t pooled very well but that could be down to how I`ve burned it and not trimmed the wick but for £3.99 I`m not concerned.

I received my two packs of six votives and two holders on Wednesday for the whopping price of £3.99 each delivered and I've got to say, honestly say, that these are the best votive candles I have ever used. They smell gorgeous and the throw is brilliant, the smell of two votives fills a whole medium size room and smell gorgeous when they're not even lit, also the votive holders are great quality too. I've only got one complaint though, I should've trusted my instincts and bought four sets not two.

Glad you're enjoying your votives. I bought one pack but part of me wishes I'd bought another a pressie bc it was so well packaged etc.
For the price I can't complain too much but whilst the ribbed glass holders are good thick and seem quality they're too big! I burned one votive in it and it's nowhere near a snug fit, so it burned really badly... Such a shame!

Since then tried in my regular yankee holders and it burns really well now...

As for the scents I like the white mistletoe and ivy is a nice fresh, clean scent. The frosted berries I find quite tart (not sweet). And I like the spiced orange. I get very little orange from it, but more of the spiciness but as you say, pretty decent throw and great price ;)

Glad you're enjoying your votives. I bought one pack but part of me wishes I'd bought another a pressie bc it was so well packaged etc.
For the price I can't complain too much but whilst the ribbed glass holders are good thick and seem quality they're too big! I burned one votive in it and it's nowhere near a snug fit, so it burned really badly... Such a shame!

Since then tried in my regular yankee holders and it burns really well now...

As for the scents I like the white mistletoe and ivy is a nice fresh, clean scent. The frosted berries I find quite tart (not sweet). And I like the spiced orange. I get very little orange from it, but more of the spiciness but as you say, pretty decent throw and great price ;)

Aw that's a shame, my votives seemed to burn ok but I must admit, I burn them more for the light than the smell, but I did happen to like all the smells too :mysmilie_14:

Have you seen on there now they've launched a range of 'inclusion' candles?

Basically a scented votive in the middle (in same scents as votive set mentioned above) surrounded by either gel or wax with inclusions in - ie real berries or pieces of orange and cinnamon etc. They're £3.99 each. They do look the part!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=inclusion

I deliberated for ages about the inclusion wax/gel candles. They look very pretty. Pity it doesn't tell you burn time. Does anyone know roughly how long the standard votives last?

I deliberated for ages about the inclusion wax/gel candles. They look very pretty. Pity it doesn't tell you burn time. Does anyone know roughly how long the standard votives last?

Hiya.
I am only really going on the look of the inclusion candles when I say they're a votive in the middle with wax or gel surround - I don't know that the central candle is the same size or anything as their standard votives.

The inclusion candles say they measure 90mm X 90mm in size.

As for their votives they weigh 52g apparently according to the packaging and not quite as good burners as Yankee ones but similar (which are 49g and they usually say "up to 15 hours") so I'm thinking similar time.

Sorry very waffly way to *try* to answer your question! Have really bad brain fog today!

Latest posts

Back