"Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 23/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

won't ever buy these travesty of a candle brand again. and if the brand ambassador mentions the word "subtle" to describe the smell of cheap non scented burning wax ............................:mysmilie_51:

I agree. I bought one years ago and was very disappointed. Actually one was so strong when still cold I had to give it away immediately as it gave me a headache. And my flat is always FULL of YC!!! Last year I was lured in by the great price and presentation but sadly, no better. They are a false economy IMHO.

they just get worse over the years. last year for me was the final straw. i suppose they are hoping for the gifting season so people will buy them as gifts tbh you would be better off buying the yankee supermarket asda ones. much nicer imo

Boffy, I didn't know you had gone off Price's as well. I remember you loved them a few years ago. Well, join the club! I loved Price's circa 2010 - I bought quite a few sets from QVC and some real Christmas bargain sets from the company direct. Then they had a particular TSV in summer 2014 (I think) which I hated so much, I never bought from them again. The fragrance from the unopened box was very strong but not in a nice way (cheap soap - think carbolic with citrus toilet cleaner thrown in) yet the candles when lit just smelt of paraffin or gas. I wrote a very negative review yet most were positive at first. It was only later, I supoose when more people had actually tried them, that more negs came up on the Q website. I did buy a large jar of a Price's black cherry one from Robert Dyas last year. It was ok but the wax had a very plastic-y texture and it really highlighted why Yankee's large jars are twice the price (not that we ever pay full price).

I won't even tune in to look at the upcoming TSV as the woman who guests for them does my head in.

Boffy, I didn't know you had gone off Price's as well. I remember you loved them a few years ago. Well, join the club! I loved Price's circa 2010 - I bought quite a few sets from QVC and some real Christmas bargain sets from the company direct. Then they had a particular TSV in summer 2014 (I think) which I hated so much, I never bought from them again. The fragrance from the unopened box was very strong but not in a nice way (cheap soap - think carbolic with citrus toilet cleaner thrown in) yet the candles when lit just smelt of paraffin or gas. I wrote a very negative review yet most were positive at first. It was only later, I supoose when more people had actually tried them, that more negs came up on the Q website. I did buy a large jar of a Price's black cherry one from Robert Dyas last year. It was ok but the wax had a very plastic-y texture and it really highlighted why Yankee's large jars are twice the price (not that we ever pay full price).

I won't even tune in to look at the upcoming TSV as the woman who guests for them does my head in.

its true hun used to love them. nice and pleasant but last year in particular was it for me. really poor quality. the t lights used to be nice and the tumblers. i returned the last set it was abysmal. not worth even the postage price. surprised they are doing a tsv. shame really as they must have got greedy and lowered the quality SUBSTANTIALLY

its true hun used to love them. nice and pleasant but last year in particular was it for me. really poor quality. the t lights used to be nice and the tumblers. i returned the last set it was abysmal. not worth even the postage price. surprised they are doing a tsv. shame really as they must have got greedy and lowered the quality SUBSTANTIALLY

Such a shame, eh? I learned on here that Price's is now owned by an Italian company but I think the candles are still made here? Is that right? In any case, something in the manufacture has most definitely changed.

Such a shame, eh? I learned on here that Price's is now owned by an Italian company but I think the candles are still made here? Is that right? In any case, something in the manufacture has most definitely changed.

i think mine were made in italy not totally sure.

the tealights years & years ago when they were in stores like the range & it was like £1.99 for 6 & they were fab but yep the quailty has dropped dramtically its why they aint on as much as they used to as well

Bought them years ago and they were very good value and you could smell them - last set I had was returned. Mind you, Yankee are jut as bad. A friend bought me a beautifully packaged set of tea lights of all different scents which smelled lovely in the box. Tried a couple, no smell at all. Tried the whole remaining ones at the same time and only a faint scent when I stood right in front of them. Waste of money. I only ever buy the tarts now no matter how tempting demos are.

CC

Bought them years ago and they were very good value and you could smell them - last set I had was returned. Mind you, Yankee are jut as bad. A friend bought me a beautifully packaged set of tea lights of all different scents which smelled lovely in the box. Tried a couple, no smell at all. Tried the whole remaining ones at the same time and only a faint scent when I stood right in front of them. Waste of money. I only ever buy the tarts now no matter how tempting demos are.

CC
the t lights have a waft i like them but it depends on the scent some are nicer than others

Latest posts

Back