Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Says her mother once a week has a blow dry as she can't do her own hair.
She said she pays £38 per blow dry.
:mysmilie_13:
Don't think I pay much more than that for my mobile HL cut and blow dry :mysmilie_11:

depends where you live and who does it i suppose. but abby ill say anything to sell that overblown hairdryer. catherine huntley is even worse selling this overpriced tat

I have short hair & they are demo-ing on a model with short hair @ the moment. There is no way I would pay nearly £300 when my little travel hair dryer would dry mine as fast as this.Such a hype--please feel free to tell me I'm wrong!!

I have short hair & they are demo-ing on a model with short hair @ the moment. There is no way I would pay nearly £300 when my little travel hair dryer would dry mine as fast as this.Such a hype--please feel free to tell me I'm wrong!!

I'll phone James Dyson straight away, he can tell you

I have very short hair and get it cut every 6 weeks with a very quick dry and tongs (which I don't need but she insists) . It takes on average 20 minutes and she charges £23 which is £69 an hour! It is a very basic salon so no frills (I don't even warrant a cuppa) she is as snappy as a Rottweiler but the only person who can tame my hair!!

When they first came out they had them set up at a dressing table in John Lewis. I was looking at them and a sales woman said would you like me to do your hair or have ago? I love mine.
I took one look at her hair and it was terrible so said no thank you .

My hair takes less than 5 minutes to blow dry, it's shoulder length and I don't think the money they want for a dyson is worth it for me.

I did notice in John Lewis today the hairdryer was with a lovely velvety case. I wasn't tempted though.

I have short hair, dry cut and costs £16.50 every 6-8 weeks.

Will say takes less than 5 minutes to dry mine.

So no from me, also true blue British James Dyson moved his manufacturing abroad and stacked his UK workers.

I'm surprised Abbie Horne needs a hairdryer at all, she only needs to open her mouth and all that hot air comes wafting out.

Abbie Horne is yet another turn off for me, it doesn't matter what she is touting... I jump for the off button. lol

you have to be telling some major porkies to shift a £300 hairdryer. i do like dyson i have a lot of their stuff.

A less credible brand ambassador lineup than QVC now use to sell Dyson products would be hard to imagine. I think they now only run out the hard-sell merchants who have been associated with sell-at-all-costs tactics. QVC are heading down-market with a prestige brand at their peril.

My hair is cut, coloured and blow-dried for £60 a pop, and my home care is the fabulous Babyliss Big Hair Petite (last year's QVC best purchase). I'm not taken by the idea of retuning to using a hairdryer and separate brush, and I don't understand from a practical point of view why anyone would complicate your styling tools at such a high price, when given a choice... Even if money was no object.

This must be the hardest-sell item of 2017. I wonder if they have made a mistake in their contract with Dyson as to how many they are obliged to sell ? It all seems a bit odd to me.

This must be the hardest-sell item of 2017. I wonder if they have made a mistake in their contract with Dyson as to how many they are obliged to sell ? It all seems a bit odd to me.

Yes, it has more than a whiff of sheer desperation! Serves QVC right for simply listening to the sycophantic groupies and believing they would all buy, buy, buy. When you are talking serious money, even the dafter members of the Q fanatics will try to savvy shop.

Cut and dry for me £25 and I use a Babyliss travel dryer at home which does the job in 5 minutes. I did fork out around £300 for the Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner which was a complete pile of pants and is now in a skip somewhere. Not really impressed with anything Dyson that I have owned.

As for Abbi Horne, does anyone talk as much utter doosh as she does, ah yes, Lorna Ko and Gill Gauntlett.

CC

you have to be telling some major porkies to shift a £300 hairdryer. i do like dyson i have a lot of their stuff.

I was telling my hairdresser about it, he said at that price you would be frightened of dropping it.

Cut and dry for me £25 and I use a Babyliss travel dryer at home which does the job in 5 minutes. I did fork out around £300 for the Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner which was a complete pile of pants and is now in a skip somewhere. Not really impressed with anything Dyson that I have owned.

As for Abbi Horne, does anyone talk as much utter doosh as she does, ah yes, Lorna Ko and Gill Gauntlett.

CC

Can I ask you why you didn't like the Dyson cordless CC? I've been in two minds about getting one, but have held back, so seeing it mentioned in your post is interesting. Must have been bad for you to throw it out.

Latest posts

Back