Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hugely expensive hairdryers are like hugely expensive everything else - until they are copied and the price drops like a stone. Everyone remember when those Betamax video recorders the size of a suitcase first came out? They cost the same as a terraced house in Burnley back in the day but folk bought them. Then the VHS system was invented and a bit of competition lowered the prices significantly and beta then had to take a back seat. Now no-one even has a video recorder, so 80s. The dyson dryer or equivalent will soon be available for £50, mark my words.

CC

I wouldn't buy it for £50, it looks too big and awkward for me to hold, plus I no longer

watch the confused waffle that Abby H spouts.

I wouldn't buy it for £50, it looks too big and awkward for me to hold, plus I no longer

watch the confused waffle that Abby H spouts.

'Confused waffle' is the perfect description. Yesterday she was talking about how many had been sold on the Q & it's almost or nearly 45,000 or 50.000. The fact that she doesn't appear to know the difference between celsius & fahrenheit also annoys me & I'd have expected Sir James to insist on his latest wonder technology to be demonstrated by someone more professional.

'Confused waffle' is the perfect description. Yesterday she was talking about how many had been sold on the Q & it's almost or nearly 45,000 or 50.000. The fact that she doesn't appear to know the difference between celsius & fahrenheit also annoys me & I'd have expected Sir James to insist on his latest wonder technology to be demonstrated by someone more professional.

He is too busy counting his money

I wonder if JD has any notion who awful Abbie is or that she is representing his brand. More like she is Q’s tame lackey for any tat which gets plugged into the mains at some point, otherwise is it the equally awful Jill G or Anne D who get the gig.

Ms Horne is always saying that an ordinary hair dryer reaches a temperature of 230 degrees, the maximum is actually 50 degrees in Celcius or 122 in Fahrenheit. She needs to be told that 230 relates to volts to our power outlets.

FFS......What's wrong with this country? We are being taken over by
a thicko/dumbo/other epidemic.... (Brexiteers etc....Controversy alert!)

I saw an ad in the paper shop the other day - someone selling their 3 year old bulldog (for £1,500 !!!!!) because they couldn't take her with them to new house. Vendor says that doggie is very cearing (as in caring). WTAF ??? It's never going to end well with me when someone is flogging their dog (I suspect to get some cash in) Makes me sick.

Bad mood cos I missed the L'occy TSV? Me? not a chance!

PS Anyone selling theirs? What do you guys think the e bayers will want?

Off to watch Jeremy Kyle box set.

FFS......What's wrong with this country? We are being taken over by
a thicko/dumbo/other epidemic.... (Brexiteers etc....Controversy alert!)

I saw an ad in the paper shop the other day - someone selling their 3 year old bulldog (for £1,500 !!!!!) because they couldn't take her with them to new house. Vendor says that doggie is very cearing (as in caring). WTAF ??? It's never going to end well with me when someone is flogging their dog (I suspect to get some cash in) Makes me sick.

Bad mood cos I missed the L'occy TSV? Me? not a chance!

PS Anyone selling theirs? What do you guys think the e bayers will want?

Off to watch Jeremy Kyle box set.

'Off to watch Jeremy Kyle box set'. Does such an abomination exist? As for people putting an ad in a paper shop advertising their dog for sale, as though the poor animal is a second hand bike, they make my blood boil.

There was an article on our local radio station yesterday about a couple who couldn’t get rented accommodation because they had THREE dogs. Despite what they said I can’t believe 3 dogs wouldn’t leave their mark on the property and you can understand that whilst it’s ok if your own property and your animals it’s not unreasonable for the landlord to object.

Lots of French Bulldogs for sale second hand at over the £1000 mark. They do have some serious breathing troubles due to bad breeding so folk may well just be fobbing off dogs they've bought that are now becoming ill.

Dogs do leave their mark on properties. I love my dog dearly but he covers the place with hair and mud, scratches the wood floor, puts muddy marks on the wall where he rubs himself along, they smell of wet dog and so does the house, they chew, they bark, they poo. Not sure I would want pets in a property if I were a landlord.

'Off to watch Jeremy Kyle box set'. Does such an abomination exist? As for people putting an ad in a paper shop advertising their dog for sale, as though the poor animal is a second hand bike, they make my blood boil.

Does such an abomination exist??

I'm not sure. You know I was just kidding, right?

Maybe they should have donated the dog to Jill - not that he'd replace Scruncher, but I'm sure she'd look after him really well.

There was an article on our local radio station yesterday about a couple who couldn’t get rented accommodation because they had THREE dogs. Despite what they said I can’t believe 3 dogs wouldn’t leave their mark on the property and you can understand that whilst it’s ok if your own property and your animals it’s not unreasonable for the landlord to object.

It's not about the dogs, for me it's about cleaning up after them, & if one does this correctly & consistently there is little mess. Yes It's a headache, & there's stacks of hoovering but I stand by this. I'd sooner clean up after my dog than vile children. A lot of people don't realise how much mess even a cat can make if you're not a fiend with the hoover. As for poo - as soon as my Springer goes, we bag it. And he's not allowed upstairs. If you brush & bath your dog, keep their teeth clean & feed them a decent diet they shouldn't smell. The 'dog' smell is the dead hair & oil in the coat. Nothing is going to stop a wet Labradoor smelling, but it goes as the animal dries....

Latest posts

Back