Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can I ask you why you didn't like the Dyson cordless CC? I've been in two minds about getting one, but have held back, so seeing it mentioned in your post is interesting. Must have been bad for you to throw it out.

i love my cordless dyson best vacum cleaner i have ever had. i spend quite a bit on them as i do like an efficient cleaner. hated the miele not because it was not a good cleaner but it needed a very expensive repair after 3 years use. before that aeg 5 years. then upright dyson 10/12 years. now the handheld v6 motorhead superb. best cleaner ever.

i love my cordless dyson best vacum cleaner i have ever had. i spend quite a bit on them as i do like an efficient cleaner. hated the miele not because it was not a good cleaner but it needed a very expensive repair after 3 years use. before that aeg 5 years. then upright dyson 10/12 years. now the handheld v6 motorhead superb. best cleaner ever.

I have an upright, Dyson DC07 Allergy Hepa Filter blue turquoise upright vacuum cleaner. I bought it in 2004, but it's only needed one service in all the time I've had it, which is over half the time I've lived in my current home. It picks up really well, but it is heavy (good thing I live in a flat, really). I bought a V6 mattress last year in the Lakeland Black Friday event. It doesn't have the long pole, but I love it to bits. I vacuum far more now that I have this little, powerful gizmo, that I can whip out for a quick attack on everything from crumbs on surfaces, cushions, curtains, lightshades, the floor... just brilliant. Both of these pick up loads of stuff, and if either should conk out, I will probably go for another Dyson to replace... preferably just one device. Realistically the V6 mattress isn't a replacement for my upright, but the next one, if it has a stick, probably will replace it.

Based on my own experience of their vacuum cleaners and the service, I think Dyson's are a good bet... but it really depends what you are looking for: power, amount of usable time after a charge, ease of use, ease of cleaning (the machine itself), the efficency and effectiveness of the cleaning.

I think I get the best of both worlds by having the plug-in flex-based upright, and then the cordless handheld.

Be aware that you have a boost button giving you more power, but you will significantly shorten the usable time. As I use mine for spot attacks, it's perfect.

I'm surprised Abbie Horne needs a hairdryer at all, she only needs to open her mouth and all that hot air comes wafting out.

She needs one with all the different styles she goes through! I was different again for the 100th time and just don't get her! :mysmilie_1::mysmilie_17:

I have an upright, Dyson DC07 Allergy Hepa Filter blue turquoise upright vacuum cleaner. I bought it in 2004, but it's only needed one service in all the time I've had it, which is over half the time I've lived in my current home. It picks up really well, but it is heavy (good thing I live in a flat, really). I bought a V6 mattress last year in the Lakeland Black Friday event. It doesn't have the long pole, but I love it to bits. I vacuum far more now that I have this little, powerful gizmo, that I can whip out for a quick attack on everything from crumbs on surfaces, cushions, curtains, lightshades, the floor... just brilliant. Both of these pick up loads of stuff, and if either should conk out, I will probably go for another Dyson to replace... preferably just one device. Realistically the V6 mattress isn't a replacement for my upright, but the next one, if it has a stick, probably will replace it.

Based on my own experience of their vacuum cleaners and the service, I think Dyson's are a good bet... but it really depends what you are looking for: power, amount of usable time after a charge, ease of use, ease of cleaning (the machine itself), the efficency and effectiveness of the cleaning.

I think I get the best of both worlds by having the plug-in flex-based upright, and then the cordless handheld.

Be aware that you have a boost button giving you more power, but you will significantly shorten the usable time. As I use mine for spot attacks, it's perfect.

i use my stick cleaner totally different to the upright dyson. i needed a couple of charges to clean a large 3 bed victorian terrace and now i just turn it on for a few minutes at a time. i rarely use the boost but when i need it its fabulous. its the most efficient cleaner i have ever had. everyone comments on how clean the carpets are. when their a mess you whip it out and second later its done. no planning and no lead and a very lightweight gadget to boot. i threw away my big dyson and i don't need an upright at all

Can I ask you why you didn't like the Dyson cordless CC? I've been in two minds about getting one, but have held back, so seeing it mentioned in your post is interesting. Must have been bad for you to throw it out.

One of the main things for me was there's no "on/off" switch and it's a trigger button that you need to keep pressed in when using the machine. I would use my first finger on my right hand to do this but I have a bit of arthritis in that finger and it was uncomfortable to try and keep that finger on the trigger - I accept that's me and not everyone but it is tiring on the hand.

The other really annoying thing about it was the battery pack was located right under this trigger button and the heel of my hand kept dislodging it (the battery) and so the machine cut out all the time. More trouble than it was worth. Yet another thing was that I bought it for vacuuming dog hair off furniture and the car but I had to have it on maxi power to have any effect - that in turn used up the charge a lot quicker and I'd get less than 10 mins before it needed charging again. In the end I was so hacked off with it I tossed it in the skip my neighbours had hired and bought a GTECH which I find so much better.

CC

Dyson guest

Could that woman be more annoying? She's really working on overdrive, touting her overpriced purple hairdryer. That grating voice could talk the hind legs off a donkey. Get a load of that jargon! If someone wants to spend £300 on an overpriced purple polo mint then good luck to them. I personally see that the cost-to-benefit ratio is wholly justifiable, unless you've got Chaka Khan style hair from the 80s.

Dyson hairdryer

Tuned in to see Miceal on with that insufferable hairdryer guest. Yes the results do look amazing (and so they should for £300) but that guest is too annoying. She could talk the hind legs off a hippopotamus, and she has a very STRANGE way of OVER-EMPHASISING every single word.

Well guess what - I don't have a hairdryer at all. I've never had one and never wanted one!

The before and after pictures are an insult to every single one of QVCs customers. In the before the hair has been tousled to make it look scruffy, in the after, it's had a professional treatment and blow dry, then a make-up artist has done their make-up, again, QVC deceit. I defy anyone to say they haven't got the time to blow dry their hair with a hairdryer that isn't a Dyson, if they haven't then slow down and make it. I just wash mine and let it dry naturally, doesn't cost a penny. :mysmilie_17:

she lies about the hairdryer practically saying its a miracle for all hair ethnicities its a hairdryer love

The before and after pictures are an insult to every single one of QVCs customers. In the before the hair has been tousled to make it look scruffy, in the after, it's had a professional treatment and blow dry, then a make-up artist has done their make-up, again, QVC deceit. I defy anyone to say they haven't got the time to blow dry their hair with a hairdryer that isn't a Dyson, if they haven't then slow down and make it. I just wash mine and let it dry naturally, doesn't cost a penny. :mysmilie_17:

I'd look like Worzel Gummidge if I left my hair to its own devices. My hair is so thick it takes ages to dry and then I have to straighten it. My hairdresser says I have good hair.

I'd look like Worzel Gummidge if I left my hair to its own devices. My hair is so thick it takes ages to dry and then I have to straighten it. My hairdresser says I have good hair.

Yeah LP sounds like you've got lovely hair, mines thinish, it styles well but some of it tends to end up on me hair brush every time I brush it nowadays. :mysmilie_3:

Yeah LP sounds like you've got lovely hair, mines thinish, it styles well but some of it tends to end up on me hair brush every time I brush it nowadays. :mysmilie_3:
You could stuff a cushion with the hair in my brush but it makes no difference to the thickness. :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

You could stuff a cushion with the hair in my brush but it makes no difference to the thickness. :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Now there's an idea, how are you to pitch it with us to QVC a week next Thursday? :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Am I alone in being saddened that Abby is back so soon (a week?) after having her baby??

Is she that desperate for the money?

Am I alone in being saddened that Abby is back so soon (a week?) after having her baby??

Is she that desperate for the money?

We can't know the one and outs of her domestic situation. She might be the main breadwinner, and have little choice... Or be terrified that a longer maternity leave would see her replaced. She may be self employed as many other QVC bland ambassadors are. I imagine selling the Dyson hairdryer is a relatively cushy gig with a foothold in the coveted beauty department... Better than tech gadgets and Christmas gimmicky stuff. But it is a shame, she can't have had much time to bond with baby.

She might be doing the odd hour here and there to start with, not ‘out at work’ all day with a commute at each end. She might live locally to QVC. Congrats to her and family.

AH probably doesn't want anyone getting too cosy in her spot, or doesn't want QVC seeing that a less agressive presentation is always more acceptable. Although I wouldn't class an hour gabbing BS as work, it'll feel like a whole day after having a new baby. If I was to hazard a guess I'd say it was because she doesn't want her limelight taken away, but that's just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back