Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I found when the hairdresser lady did the shows she was far more informative and I learned more about how to use the drier and clean the filter.

Could be wrong but I thought I heard JR say that she had baby “yesterday and will be on air tomorrow”

Jeez they will be having them in the studio next.

Is anyone impressed?

They've launched the overpriced Dyson hairdryer in a new range of colours - an orangey red, fuchsia and some other colour, I think. Will that make any of you part with over £00 for a hairdryer?

They've launched the overpriced Dyson hairdryer in a new range of colours - an orangey red, fuchsia and some other colour, I think. Will that make any of you part with over £00 for a hairdryer?
Is anyone impressed? No.

The Christmas buying frenzy has started, some people will spend on overpriced items& Q are in the forefront of cashing in on this.

times are hard back to work or the bills don't get paid

This baby is her second so it may be that she is very well organised & has lots of help. Having the odd half an hor I found her Instagram & I would say she has to work to maintain her nails.

Hugely expensive hairdryers are like hugely expensive everything else - until they are copied and the price drops like a stone. Everyone remember when those Betamax video recorders the size of a suitcase first came out? They cost the same as a terraced house in Burnley back in the day but folk bought them. Then the VHS system was invented and a bit of competition lowered the prices significantly and beta then had to take a back seat. Now no-one even has a video recorder, so 80s. The dyson dryer or equivalent will soon be available for £50, mark my words.

CC

This baby is her second so it may be that she is very well organised & has lots of help. Having the odd half an hor I found her Instagram & I would say she has to work to maintain her nails.

* half an hor has fewer minutes than half an HOUR. Must proof read more thoroughly.

Hugely expensive hairdryers are like hugely expensive everything else - until they are copied and the price drops like a stone. Everyone remember when those Betamax video recorders the size of a suitcase first came out? They cost the same as a terraced house in Burnley back in the day but folk bought them. Then the VHS system was invented and a bit of competition lowered the prices significantly and beta then had to take a back seat. Now no-one even has a video recorder, so 80s. The dyson dryer or equivalent will soon be available for £50, mark my words.
CC
:mysmilie_502:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a wee bit confused would cold air style hair with a brush.....I am sceptical

I dry and style my shoulder length hair using a cold setting ............... on my £10 Boots hairdryer!

I found this on the Q's FB page, didn't know whether to put it on the SM threaad or here - sums up everything about the over-hyped hype:
'Why on earth do you put presenters on who talk rubbish? Abbie has said on every Dyson hair dryer presentation "Hair dryers and straighteners use temperatures of 500 degrees, when you wouldn't cook your chicken at that temperature. The oven only goes up to 230!" What absolute rubbish. She's forgetting ovens are in CENTIGRADE and she's exaggerated the temperature on Farenheit too. The highest temperature for hair straighteners is around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or 200 centigrade. If you had 500 degrees centigrade on them, all the soldered joints on the electronics inside would melt!!!! For goodness sake get the facts correct. Otherwise you just look like a load of used car salesmen!'

I’m considering buying one - not for my ultra short hair you understand - but I see from the demos that by using one the following will happen to me:

My hair will change colour
It will put a full face of slap on me
It will change me from a slouching unsmiling person to a laughing swishy hair woman

Well it does for all those in the before and after shots.

Agghh

Did I hear it right that she was back at work 3 days after giving birth ? Must be afraid of losing her guesting job on QVC !!

If you ever find yourself arrested, and your mugshot looks dreadful, buy a Dyson. Every single before shot looks like the model has been arrested for drink driving or drug offences. Then miraculously they look all perfectly coiffered.

Latest posts

Back