Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every time I turn the ****** telly on she's there with that hairdryer, so off it goes. I do like that dress that Ali Keenan is wearing though.

Abi is again claiming that if you dry your hair with a normal hairdryer then straighten it you’re exposing it to 400 degrees of heat. So if it’s a nice day say 25 degrees and I go out in the morning then again in the afternoon I’ve been out in 50 degree heat?
She’s also talking about having to get 2 inches cut off your hair because it gets damaged by heat. Hair only grows about half an inch a month so unless you only get your hair cut every four months you would eventually end up bald.
Ali K has pointed out that the £55 easy pay is only the cost of one trim and dry at the hairdresser’s and you would pay more than that in London. I don’t know London prices but there are lots of places near me that wouldn’t charge anywhere near that.
We’ve also had the old chestnut about hairdryers getting hotter and hotter as you dry your hair.
Ok, rant over!

£55 for a cut and dry is average in any city in a decent salon. If you've got easy hair to cut and style then no doubt you can pay less. If you've got difficult hair then you need to pay for a good cut. You do get what you pay for. Mr CC pays £9 for a haircut and to be honest, it looks like it. He does get pensioner rates though :mysmilie_17:

CC

I don’t understand why the need to cost out anything in selling a hairdryer to justify a purchase.
Folk pay x, xx or xxx for cut, blow dry, colour or what ever, when ever and where ever.
If viewers what to purchase said dryer to try then they will, if they can afford or allow themselves and make the decisions to afford by the number of easy pays offered.
Q presentation should be based on the product and it’s features only in my opinion.

Just because x presenter, guest or guest mother pays x for a blow dry is irrelevant, in my eyes.
It’s just like Ann Dawson quoted as visiting her hairdresser 2 - 3 times per week for a blow dry costing X which seemed when I heard a lot to me to shell out as a weekly expense.
But then if Ann can afford then that’s up to her, since she’s said in the past she’s hopeless at doing her own hair, that’s more than likely the reason and if it pleases her then.
So though now she’s apparently bought the dryer, oh well very for Ann that makes no difference to the viewer I would say, certainly not to me.
But going off the fact she said previously ages ago unrelated to selling the dryer, that she couldn’t style her hair and used to go to the hairdressers before coming on air.
Could be now the real reason she isn’t going to the hairdressers up to three times per week for it to be done, is that it may well be being done backstage by Q’s hairdressers.

:sweat::whew:

Very sorry rant over

:mysmilie_11:

Is it possible Abi H sincerely believes all this carp she comes out with, in a blonde ditsy sort of way ?

Is it possible Abi H sincerely believes all this carp she comes out with, in a blonde ditsy sort of way ?

How does she keep going with it all it must get boring the same old same old talk and demo wouldn’t do it for me

Just because x presenter, guest or guest mother pays x for a blow dry is irrelevant, in my eyes.
It’s just like Ann Dawson quoted as visiting her hairdresser 2 - 3 times per week for a blow dry costing X which seemed when I heard a lot to me to shell out as a weekly expense.
But then if Ann can afford then that’s up to her, since she’s said in the past she’s hopeless at doing her own hair, that’s more than likely the reason and if it pleases her then.
So though now she’s apparently bought the dryer, oh well very for Ann that makes no difference to the viewer I would say, certainly not to me.
But going off the fact she said previously ages ago unrelated to selling the dryer, that she couldn’t style her hair and used to go to the hairdressers before coming on air.
Could be now the real reason she isn’t going to the hairdressers up to three times per week for it to be done, is that it may well be being done backstage by Q’s hairdressers.

She needs a new hairdresser! If my hair was blow dried 3 times a week, I would expect it to look amazing. I think hers always looks ok - certainly not done by a professional!

Abi is again claiming that if you dry your hair with a normal hairdryer then straighten it you’re exposing it to 400 degrees of heat. So if it’s a nice day say 25 degrees and I go out in the morning then again in the afternoon I’ve been out in 50 degree heat?
She’s also talking about having to get 2 inches cut off your hair because it gets damaged by heat. Hair only grows about half an inch a month so unless you only get your hair cut every four months you would eventually end up bald.
Ali K has pointed out that the £55 easy pay is only the cost of one trim and dry at the hairdresser’s and you would pay more than that in London. I don’t know London prices but there are lots of places near me that wouldn’t charge anywhere near that.
We’ve also had the old chestnut about hairdryers getting hotter and hotter as you dry your hair.
Ok, rant over!

So she DID actually say that! I thought I must have misheard it. Her mathematical calculations often seem quite spurious.

First off, the temperature one exposes one's hair to and the effects of hairdryer use depend on several factors including the power setting, distance of hairdryer from head, attachments and products used, how damp the hair is and various other things.

Most modern hairdryers have a cool setting - so I am told - however Ms Horne wouldn't mention this as it'd rather dismantle her sales pitch.

L
So she DID actually say that! I thought I must have misheard it. Her mathematical calculations often seem quite spurious.

First off, the temperature one exposes one's hair to and the effects of hairdryer use depend on several factors including the power setting, distance of hairdryer from head, attachments and products used, how damp the hair is and various other things.

Most modern hairdryers have a cool setting - so I am told - however Ms Horne wouldn't mention this as it'd rather dismantle her sales pitch.

Oh yes she does mention the cool shot blow by blow account how she curls each section with a round brush adding the cooling button to set each curl in place.
Well that’s just how she does it when not selling the air wrap, but then when she sells that, you do need still need buy the dryer as well.
But that’s unlike when I caught the blonde hairdresser presenting the air wrap on her own, she said that dried your hair for you instead.

She's on just now, saying that if you use a straightener and go over the same piece of hair 3 or 4 times, you are putting temperatures of between 600 and 800c on your hair. Google says cremation generates temperatures around 870c to 980c. Yes, the Dyson hair dryer is good but the spiel is very misleading.

She's on just now, saying that if you use a straightener and go over the same piece of hair 3 or 4 times, you are putting temperatures of between 600 and 800c on your hair. Google says cremation generates temperatures around 870c to 980c. Yes, the Dyson hair dryer is good but the spiel is very misleading.

Maximum for straightners is usually 230C and even if you go over more than once, it is still 230C you are using!!! Honestly the nonsense they spout!!

I use my straighteners about 3 times a day at least as my hair frizzes even if the dog sneezes. According to Abbi I should have strands of charcoal on my head :mysmilie_17:

CC

any idiot knows that whatever style is needed by using heat, there has to be a cooling off period for it to 'set', even decades ago when we all used rollers constantly, we'd leave them in until they had cooled down so that the style would 'take'.

In fact, rollers are the great 'shiners' for making hair lustrous, and always have been, despite all the codswallop spiel about revolutionary hairdryers.

I use a Babyliss rotating hairbrush to dry and defizz my hair and then wind the section around the large hairoller for it to cool down while I do the next section. This method never fails for me.

Clearly QVC have bought shedloads of stock of this hairdryer, or have a massive contract to sell a huge quantity, as I cant remember them ever pushing such a high priced item over such a long period of time.

OMG!!!! Who'd use rollers? My whole life I looked a sight because I had wavy davy, **** hair. All my teen years, my hair was frizz hair bear bunch and everyone else's was straight sleek cher. Always the geek with the bad hair, that was me. Now, I thank god that at my age my hair is finally the way I wanted it to look at 17 :mysmilie_8:

I learned the truth at 17 that love was just for beauty queens and girls with good hair :mysmilie_17:

OMG!!!! Who'd use rollers? My whole life I looked a sight because I had wavy davy, **** hair. All my teen years, my hair was frizz hair bear bunch and everyone else's was straight sleek cher. Always the geek with the bad hair, that was me. Now, I thank god that at my age my hair is finally the way I wanted it to look at 17 :mysmilie_8:

I learned the truth at 17 that love was just for beauty queens and girls with good hair :mysmilie_17:

I assume your question is rhetorical &, after reading your words, I'm not going to be insensitive because I found them really moving. There is so much said & written about poor esteem & the effect social media has on children & teenagers but it was always like that. I have a really small scar across the top of one eyebrow, so small nobody has ever noticed it EXCEPT THE TEENAGE ME. My solution was to wear a fringe when all my friends had one length hair that looked sophisticated when swept back. A couple of years ago I saw the one girl we all wanted to look like, life had not been kind & to be honest she was raddled. She looked me up & down & then came out with the words I'd have loved to hear back in the 70s - that everyone loved my solid bobbed hair, complete with fringe, because it looked so stylish & different.

I really don't understand all the hype with this hairdryer. I blow dry mine, using an £8 dryer from Tesco on a cool setting and no one has ever said "your hair looks dreadful."

Abbie also said yesterday (although why I was even watching beggars belief because I don't like her or the hairdryer) that everyone dries the back of their hair first and then the front, which is why the front is often thinner and frizzed when they use an ordinary hair dryer. This is apparently because an ordinary hairdryer gets hotter the longer it is used, whereas the Dyson doesn't. Well, I'm sorry to disagree with you, Abbie, but this "everyone" dries the front and sides of her hair first and it's not dry or frizzed.

With the amount of hot air that she spouts, it's not surprising that she's flogging the hairdryer.

I use my straighteners about 3 times a day at least as my hair frizzes even if the dog sneezes. According to Abbi I should have strands of charcoal on my head :mysmilie_17:

CC

Is that because your doggie splash sneezes (think spray not gloop, obvs!)

Latest posts

Back