ROXI electric jukebox - another QVC con?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
This item was shown online from midnight yesterday, but as I remarked yesterday, there was no on-line video to see what it did, only the description.

But the video finally appeared from the 2200 showing yesterday, so I've only just seen it this morning.

It seemed "great" from all the things they were saying about it.

But it was only near the END of the video that they mentioned that, after 1 year, you would have to pay £52 per year, otherwise it would cease to function.

And NOWHERE in the written blurb does it mention this, as far as I can see. So I could have bought it from the written description, when there was no video, without knowing this.

Am I being cynical to think that they deliberately had no video all day, and when they did eventually put one up, the subscription was not mentioned until the end?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Electric-Jukeb...rol-wKaraoke-Mode.product.510013.html?sc=IROA

This item was shown online from midnight yesterday, but as I remarked yesterday, there was no on-line video to see what it did, only the description.

But the video finally appeared from the 2200 showing yesterday, so I've only just seen it this morning.

It seemed "great" from all the things they were saying about it.

But it was only near the END of the video that they mentioned that, after 1 year, you would have to pay £52 per year, otherwise it would cease to function.

And NOWHERE in the written blurb does it mention this, as far as I can see. So I could have bought it from the written description, when there was no video, without knowing this.

Am I being cynical to think that they deliberately had no video all day, and when they did eventually put one up, the subscription was not mentioned until the end?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Electric-Jukeb...rol-wKaraoke-Mode.product.510013.html?sc=IROA

Says nothing on QVC site about there being a subscription after a year.If people order without having watched the video they will have no idea about this until unit arrives.Just shows how this company works.

I imagine they're hoping folk will buy for their kids or grandkids and the recipients either won't want to mention the fees after a year or won't realise straightaway. I strongly doubt this is an innocent oversight! I wonder whether the writer of the positive review knows there's a subscription fee to pay after 12 months?

I imagine they're hoping folk will buy for their kids or grandkids and the recipients either won't want to mention the fees after a year or won't realise straightaway. I strongly doubt this is an innocent oversight! I wonder whether the writer of the positive review knows there's a subscription fee to pay after 12 months?

No such thing as an innocent oversight on QVC - good job we are all hardened cynics. I'm so surprised they've never been had up for sales deception.

Love your little forum photo, Akimbo. The paws are adorable! Has the cat got its head inside the mug?

That's Salem when he was less 1 year old. Here's the full picture, but I cropped the photo to show just his smush beans (Hallowbeens). I'm not sure whether he fell asleep in the mug or my daughter put it there before he woke up. He was 2 in April and now is a very serious empire builder pushing the boundaries of his patch in to the neighbouring cats' territory and a keen mouser (at least one live one a day over the Summer!). The more charitable neighbours call him "a character"!

Attachments

• Halloween Salem.jpg
    Halloween Salem.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 157
That's Salem when he was less 1 year old. Here's the full picture, but I cropped the photo to show just his smush beans (Hallowbeens). I'm not sure whether he fell asleep in the mug or my daughter put it there before he woke up. He was 2 in April and now is a very serious empire builder pushing the boundaries of his patch in to the neighbouring cats' territory and a keen mouser (at least one live one a day over the Summer!). The more charitable neighbours call him "a character"!

Smush beans! I hadn't heard that term before but I knew what you were talking about. Thanks for the bigger photo. He looks gorgeous but I'm not surprised to hear about his outdoor rampaging.

smush-beans and the bigger pad is a chubba-bubba! I didn't make this up, it was posted a few years ago - I can't find the original but here is one of the many copies on the web. I love the "as a biologist"...

Attachments

• chubba.jpg
    chubba.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
smush-beans and the bigger pad is a chubba-bubba! I didn't make this up, it was posted a few years ago - I can't find the original but here is one of the many copies on the web. I love the "as a biologist"...

It's real science speak, clearly! Now, in that photo, they look like strawberry Jelly Belly beans.

I submitted a question regarding this. Q response . . .

Thanks for asking a product question on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your question wasn't posted this time because it did not meet our Q&A guidelines or Q&A terms of use.

Your opinion is very important to us and other QVC customers, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a question on Electric Jukebox ROXI Plug&Play Music Streaming Voice Control w/Karaoke Mode - 510013.

Definitely not an oversight. . .

I submitted a question regarding this. Q response . . .

Thanks for asking a product question on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your question wasn't posted this time because it did not meet our Q&A guidelines or Q&A terms of use.

Your opinion is very important to us and other QVC customers, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a question on Electric Jukebox ROXI Plug&Play Music Streaming Voice Control w/Karaoke Mode - 510013.

Definitely not an oversight. . .

Allow me to translate:

Thanks for asking an awkward question on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your question wasn't posted this time because answering it would mean letting the cat out of the bag about what people are really letting themselves in for if we manage to con them into buying the product.

Your opinion is very important to other QVC customers but we don't want them being armed with too much information now do we? We appreciate you taking the time to write a question on Electric Jukebox ROXI Plug&Play Music Streaming Voice Control w/Karaoke Mode - 510013.... but please don't do it again.

I've tipped off Mulder & Scully, but they said QVC has nothing to offer the betterment of humankind!

This item is on again today, and the following paragraph has been added to the description. I wonder if anyone complained?

QUOTE - -

Subcription costs - A one year Premium Music Pass is included in the purchase price of this jukebox. The pass provides you with unlimited, advert-free music streaming. When your Premium Music Pass comes to an end after one year, you can renew your subscription for a full advert-free service at the price of £52 per year, for subsequent years. If you do not renew, then you will receive access to limited functions and your service will no longer be advert-free.

Latest posts

Back