Flaky skin where wearing foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Don’t go out very much socially. Yesterday got dolled up and tried to put on foundation. How do I stop it going flaky on my nose? I was using a cream foundation from a bottle

exfoliate but micro or my fav the enzyme powder from alpha h. did you use a primer that always helps to get a good application

I agree with Boffy, skin preparation is all important. How much coverage do you need ? Sometimes if I just need to ‘touch up’ red veins on my nose and add a bit of colour I will use a tinted moisturiser over face and neck and just dab a tiny bit of full foundation or concealer on any small blemishes I want to hide.

Agreed. Exfoliate, but do it gently, so you don't aggravate your skin.

Also, how long have you had the foundation? It may be time to replace it. If you are only an occasional user you might consider a mineral (powder) foundation as it will last a lot longer.

Yes, I also wondered if the foundation might be past its best if you don't use it that often. I always use a primer as a makeup base too. Boots and Marks do ones which are perfectly OK.

I agree with Boffy, skin preparation is all important. How much coverage do you need ? Sometimes if I just need to ‘touch up’ red veins on my nose and add a bit of colour I will use a tinted moisturiser over face and neck and just dab a tiny bit of full foundation or concealer on any small blemishes I want to hide.
Don’t need much coverage. Perhaps I’ll add some moisturiser to the foundation.

Latest posts

Back