Cozee Home TSV 06/12/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's on Jackie Kabler's blog - it's a set of two, one floral and one dots in the above colours

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/getting-christmas-sorted/

Quite nice - what do you reckon, about £85 inc the P&P? I really mustn't buy though. I have been saying all year, no more CH bedding as the stack on top of the wardrobe is already precariously high. Sadly, I succumbed to the OTO which SCW posted this morning. I'm telling myself it's for the guest bedroom even though that room doesn't even have a bed at the moment because it's my shoes and bags room. Deep embarrassment!

Quite nice - what do you reckon, about £85 inc the P&P? I really mustn't buy though. I have been saying all year, no more CH bedding as the stack on top of the wardrobe is already precariously high. Sadly, I succumbed to the OTO which SCW posted this morning. I'm telling myself it's for the guest bedroom even though that room doesn't even have a bed at the moment because it's my shoes and bags room. Deep embarrassment!

Well if we're confessing stuff, I ended up buying the previous CH TSV in pink and bloomin' well LOVE the throws so am now looking at them in purple and grey...deep embarrassment indeed :mysmilie_17:

I just don’t get fleecy bedding - what’s it like in real life?
Is it like that candy stripe stuff from years ago? I’m showing my age now!
I really like crispy cotton, I like Egyptian Cotton, I don’t like polyester mix sheets.

Well if we're confessing stuff, I ended up buying the previous CH TSV in pink and bloomin' well LOVE the throws so am now looking at them in purple and grey...deep embarrassment indeed :mysmilie_17:

Ooh, I'm loving this mutual confessional!

Don't blame you for getting those throws - I remember the mental torture you went through and I reckon you were meant to have them.

We have been quite good though lately, haven't we? Haven't we??

I just don’t get fleecy bedding - what’s it like in real life?
Is it like that candy stripe stuff from years ago? I’m showing my age now!
I really like crispy cotton, I like Egyptian Cotton, I don’t like polyester mix sheets.

My mum had some candy stripe bedding - flanelette or brushed cotton, I think. No, MrsE - this Cozee Home fleecy stuff is thicker, softer and lighter. Don't buy any though - if you're anything like a lot of us on here, it'll be the start of a worrying obsession.

Ooh, I'm loving this mutual confessional!

Don't blame you for getting those throws - I remember the mental torture you went through and I reckon you were meant to have them.

We have been quite good though lately, haven't we? Haven't we??

Erm...I haven't been as bad is about as much as I can stretch too!

Now AndiK, re the CH bedding, I'd like your sage advice please - I bought the last TSV but now I have so many of the throws (ahem) I don't find the bedding as lovely and soft (think it's the microfibre one) and want some bedding with a similar sort of velvety texture - which type would you recommend as there are quite a few?

Erm...I haven't been as bad is about as much as I can stretch too!

Now AndiK, re the CH bedding, I'd like your sage advice please - I bought the last TSV but now I have so many of the throws (ahem) I don't find the bedding as lovely and soft (think it's the microfibre one) and want some bedding with a similar sort of velvety texture - which type would you recommend as there are quite a few?

I think we can forgive you. As long as you pause before buying at least some of the time!

As for the CH bedding, much as I'd like to help, I am not sure I'm the best person. I have been quite confused myself as I believe all of the duvet covers I've bought have been described as fleece and not plush or angel whatever, yet some arrived and have stayed very velvety smooth, while others have developed what I call the "separated pile", where they lose the smoothness, fortunately without becoming actually rough though definitely less baby soft. I used to wash with powder and will only wash with liquid detergent now, which has helped. Another thing is, my washing machine is quite old and has a range of set programmes and the ones which are at 30 degrees are for delicates so don't rinse and spin much. I've an idea the lack of rinse left detergent behind which was contributing to the loss of smoothness so I recently started washing all my CH on a 40 degree programme with a proper rinse and spin and I'm sure it's better for softness.

I'm not really answering your question, sorry. I know exactly what you mean about wanting the ultra soft bedding, but I am not sure which to recommend to you. I hope someone else here can help.

I think we can forgive you. As long as you pause before buying at least some of the time!

As for the CH bedding, much as I'd like to help, I am not sure I'm the best person. I have been quite confused myself as I believe all of the duvet covers I've bought have been described as fleece and not plush or angel whatever, yet some arrived and have stayed very velvety smooth, while others have developed what I call the "separated pile", where they lose the smoothness, fortunately without becoming actually rough though definitely less baby soft. I used to wash with powder and will only wash with liquid detergent now, which has helped. Another thing is, my washing machine is quite old and has a range of set programmes and the ones which are at 30 degrees are for delicates so don't rinse and spin much. I've an idea the lack of rinse left detergent behind which was contributing to the loss of smoothness so I recently started washing all my CH on a 40 degree programme with a proper rinse and spin and I'm sure it's better for softness.

I'm not really answering your question, sorry. I know exactly what you mean about wanting the ultra soft bedding, but I am not sure which to recommend to you. I hope someone else here can help.

Ah. Now I found washing at 40 made the fleece go a bit rougher and made it separate as you describe. I've started using Woolite for my CH bedding now.

I hate that I've found and love CH as it is quite hard to look after from the keeping it soft point of view. I also hate that I can't wash it on high temperatures to make sure it's "clean" clean. I've started washing it more frequently instead. A bit of a bind, but I just can't give it up. And at least I don't have to iron it! Sigh.

Ah. Now I found washing at 40 made the fleece go a bit rougher and made it separate as you describe. I've started using Woolite for my CH bedding now.

I hate that I've found and love CH as it is quite hard to look after from the keeping it soft point of view. I also hate that I can't wash it on high temperatures to make sure it's "clean" clean. I've started washing it more frequently instead. A bit of a bind, but I just can't give it up. And at least I don't have to iron it! Sigh.

Ah yes, Woolite. That was recommended for Cozee Home bedding before on here and I keep forgetting to buy it. Thanks for the reminder.

As for 40 degree washing, I suspect my ancient machine, as new as it still looks, probably doesn't actually get to 40 degrees and, like you, I feel bedding really needs a good, hygienic wash. Another reason I switched from the 30 programme with its inadequate spin and rinse is that I had a couple of "smelly bedding" episodes where the thick duvet covers were staying wet/damp for so long, they went rancid (you know, that stinky feet, dirty water sort of smell) despite using a lovely, usually quite strong, fragranced detergent.

So is the TSV one reversible set or two sets (one floral, one dotty) as per Jackie K's blog?

Ah yes, Woolite. That was recommended for Cozee Home bedding before on here and I keep forgetting to buy it. Thanks for the reminder.

As for 40 degree washing, I suspect my ancient machine, as new as it still looks, probably doesn't actually get to 40 degrees and, like you, I feel bedding really needs a good, hygienic wash. Another reason I switched from the 30 programme with its inadequate spin and rinse is that I had a couple of "smelly bedding" episodes where the thick duvet covers were staying wet/damp for so long, they went rancid (you know, that stinky feet, dirty water sort of smell) despite using a lovely, usually quite strong, fragranced detergent.

I know exactly what you mean - I inherited a nearly new Miele a while back, and the difference between the old one and this with a 40 degree wash is shocking. I'm pretty sure my old one wasn't getting to temperature, too. I also had a nasty smell with the old machine at 30 that even Dettol in the wash wouldn't shift. 30 degrees in the new one comes out very clean and I tend to wash when I know I can dry outside. I always feel better if my washing has a good blow on a sunny day. I worked for a while in a water bottling plant that used UV light to kill bugs, so it makes me feel a bit better (even though winter sunlight is nowhere near a UV light unit). I throw the Dettol stuff in if we have a dull day.

Woolite can be quite dear so get it on offer. Or try your supermarket's own Delicates wash - usually a clear liquid in a clear bottle with pink writing, under £1.50. Very similar to Persil Silks and Delicates, but much cheaper.

Cozee Home Set of 2 Floral & Polka Dot Fleece Duvet Sets
Item Number: 806416
P&P £6.95

Single QVC Price £90.00 Todays Special Value Price £57.00

Double QVC Price £108.00 Todays Special Value Price £72.00

Single QVC Price £114.00 Todays Special Value Price £84.00

Single QVC Price £120.00 Todays Special Value Price £87.00

This set of two duvet sets by Cozee Home comprises two duvet covers, two fitted sheets, plus housewife pillowcases all made from beautifully soft fleece with two reversible prints - a vintage-style floral and classic spots. Add these supremely comfy four-piece collections to your bedroom and your guest room and create two stylish havens to see you and your loved ones through the chillier seasons.

Spots and florals - the two duvet covers and pillow cases feature either a pretty floral print or a classic spot print on the front, while the plain reverses match the fitted sheets to complete the sets.

Choose from five pretty colours - the neutral Silver Grey and Taupe options will complement any décor perfectly, or you can add a pastel dash to your bedroom with Dusty Aqua, Lemon or Rose. Mix up your look by switching between the bird print and plain reverse for a versatile range of styling options.

Super light and super soft - thanks to the soft fleece fabric, you'll be enveloped in comfy bedding all night long - no more dreaded cold sheet shock! This special, lightweight fabric helps to keep you warm throughout the night while wicking away moisture, helping to regulate your body temperature so that you experience a comfortable night’s sleep.

Easy Cozee care - this bedding is a dream when it comes to laundry day. The machine washable fleece is fast drying, perfect if you need a quick spin, and it doesn't require any ironing!

100% polyester
Button fastenings
Machine washable at 30C

Contains:

4 x pillow cases; 2 x pillow cases in the single bed option
2 x duvet covers
2 x deep fitted sheets

Colour options:

Dusty Aqua
Lemon
Rose
Silver Grey
Taupe

Measurements:
Duvet cover:

Single: 135cm x 200cm (53" x 79")
Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
King: 230cm x 220cm (91" x 87")
Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")

Fitted sheet:

Single: 90cm x 190cm (35" x 75")
Double: 135cm x 190cm (53" x 75")
King: 150cm x 200cm (59" x 79")
Super King: 183cm x 200cm (72" x 79")

Housewife pillowcases: 50cm x 75cm (20" x 30")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806416

they've sold out of options already ridiculous

they have not!! they havnt put all the colours & all options avaible to buy yet as its not meant to be live till 12am this is them just testing it to make sure its working ect

when they go live with it properly later all colours & all sizes will be there & be on easy pays too

Latest posts

Back