DSR returns help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Can anyone help me with a quick query?

I ordered an item a few weeks ago expecting it to be shipped from this country.

I then receive an email a few days later saying that demand is high and the item will be coming directly from China.

I contacted their CS asking for them to cancel the order or delay it until it can come from the UK as I don't want to be landed with customs and handling charges. They emailed back saying they'd refund the charges if I sent proof of the extra charges.

To be honest, I don't want to be bothered with any of this palaver. I don't own a printer and am not very techie minded to try and sort it all out. Plus, my PO is miles away if I have to return and OH works away so returning will be an expensive pain for me.

I've now received a shipping advice saying it's on the way, but when I track it, it's been delivered to somewhere in Florida.

But the cherry on the top of the cake is that I can get it for £30 elsewhere, shipped in two days from the UK!

It's arriving from a courier - TNT the notice says (but that's the one that says it's been delivered to Florida!). I won't be in some mornings this week as I have hospital appointments booked for when OH is actually home.

So, my questions are:

Can I refuse it if the courier catches me in?
Can I return it if he just leaves it, and how would I do that? Same courier or PO?
If I return it unopened via the PO and pay, will I get my postage returned?

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. And those were the only questions I could think of so if you have any more tips, again, they'd be very gratefully received.

TIA

Latest posts

Back