In The Salon with SBC TSV 28/12/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

2 litres of arnica gel is overdrive

I do like SBC Arnica gel and find it very effective but I've had the 500ml bottle in my bathroom in use for about a year. I don't see it as an all-over product but use it (generously) on aching shoulders, etc, as and when. I will restock when this bottle is finished in a few months but 2 litres would be ridiculous for me.

Golly that's a lot of arnica, I know lots of people swear by Arnica, but I have bought this in the past and insisted hubby and teenage sporty children use it and they have all stated over and over that it doesn't make any difference. The arnica body butter does sound nice though. Would love for a proper scientific study to be done to see whether arnica does make any difference to aches and pains.

I have to agree, it done absolutely nothing for me or anyone in my family or friends who I've gave it to either. Not surprising really considering it's mostly water, but I'm genuinely glad for the people who's aches and pains it does help.

Golly that's a lot of arnica, I know lots of people swear by Arnica, but I have bought this in the past and insisted hubby and teenage sporty children use it and they have all stated over and over that it doesn't make any difference. The arnica body butter does sound nice though. Would love for a proper scientific study to be done to see whether arnica does make any difference to aches and pains.

I have to agree, it done absolutely nothing for me or anyone in my family or friends who I've gave it to either. Not surprising really considering it's mostly water, but I'm genuinely glad for the people who's aches and pains it does help.

Yes, I can well imagine it does nothing for some. I really think (imagine?) it helps me though and even if this is a placebo effect, I'll take that, ha ha! I pulled a muscle sort of behind my shoulder blade on Saturday as I leant over awkwardly to turn the radiator valve. It kept pulling and twingeing and I had to hold my head at a funny angle to alleviate it. Anyway, I slapped a bit of SBC arnica gel over the area and suddenly noticed an hour or so later it wasn't hurting at all any more. Could well be coincidence but, as I say, I'm happy to give the arnica credit.

Two litres though ....... !! Why?

Yes, I can well imagine it does nothing for some. I really think (imagine?) it helps me though and even if this is a placebo effect, I'll take that, ha ha! I pulled a muscle sort of behind my shoulder blade on Saturday as I leant over awkwardly to turn the radiator valve. It kept pulling and twingeing and I had to hold my head at a funny angle to alleviate it. Anyway, I slapped a bit of SBC arnica gel over the area and suddenly noticed an hour or so later it wasn't hurting at all any more. Could well be coincidence but, as I say, I'm happy to give the arnica credit.

Two litres though ....... !! Why?

Aw that's good, any pain relief no matter how little is always beneficial, and yes Andi grab it with both hands, I'm glad you're better now xxx I have heard Adele say in the past that the action of massaging the Arnica in itself can help relieve pain, but even that didn't help me either, ahhh well never mind one lives in hope. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Aw that's good, any pain relief no matter how little is always beneficial, and yes Andi grab it with both hands, I'm glad you're better now xxx I have heard Adele say in the past that the action of massaging the Arnica in itself can help relieve pain, but even that didn't help me either, ahhh well never mind one lives in hope. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

I do think the massaging helps, yes, and maybe it is more that than the products. I haven't tried any of the other Arnica things (bath soaks, etc) and I am not a fan of all SBC but I'll probably continue to keep the Arnica gel in stock unless I find something better for me. Like you say, anything that relieves pain is good!

I do think the massaging helps, yes, and maybe it is more that than the products. I haven't tried any of the other Arnica things (bath soaks, etc) and I am not a fan of all SBC but I'll probably continue to keep the Arnica gel in stock unless I find something better for me. Like you say, anything that relieves pain is good!

Yes Andi, if it works for you you must keep using it, whatever gets us through the day eh? :mysmilie_3:

I think Arnica can be bought in varying strengths and maybe that dictates whether it is or isn`t helpful for pain. I always see SBC as being more of a beauty brand than a homeopathic health brand. I suffer from osteo arthritis and SBC arnica gel did nothing for me but I think the actual arnica in their gels is only there as a small proportion of the ingredients. I also think because the gel is cold that maybe it`s the coolness of the gel combined with the massage which helps some people. When I was having physio for my joints the therapist said alternating something cold with something warm would be beneficial so maybe that`s where SBC gels could be helpful for some.
I know arnica gel is available from online sports sites, health sites and other places and in several different formats from capsules to creams. Whatever works for some obviously doesn`t work for others and good luck to those it helps.

Me too Vienna, I've got Osteo Arthritis in my joints too, mainly my neck and hands, I got mine through repetitive strain injury at work, and nothing works for me, not even Co-Codamol 500/30mg Gabapentin and Naproxyn, never mind, it's a mild form at the mo and there are a lot of people worse off than me, so mustn't grumble.

My experience with Arnica was years back. I went over on my ankle it went up to twice its normal size. I did not rub it in just put a layer on and a few hours later more. You could actually see the swelling going down. I was rather shocked as I though, no bet it does nothing. Thought I was going to be off work for a few days, but able to go back the next day.

I think Arnica can be bought in varying strengths and maybe that dictates whether it is or isn`t helpful for pain. I always see SBC as being more of a beauty brand than a homeopathic health brand. I suffer from osteo arthritis and SBC arnica gel did nothing for me but I think the actual arnica in their gels is only there as a small proportion of the ingredients. I also think because the gel is cold that maybe it`s the coolness of the gel combined with the massage which helps some people. When I was having physio for my joints the therapist said alternating something cold with something warm would be beneficial so maybe that`s where SBC gels could be helpful for some.
I know arnica gel is available from online sports sites, health sites and other places and in several different formats from capsules to creams. Whatever works for some obviously doesn`t work for others and good luck to those it helps.

Me too Vienna, I've got Osteo Arthritis in my joints too, mainly my neck and hands, I got mine through repetitive strain injury at work, and nothing works for me, not even Co-Codamol 500/30mg Gabapentin and Naproxyn, never mind, it's a mild form at the mo and there are a lot of people worse off than me, so mustn't grumble.

So sorry to hear you ladies have to suffer this. You never complain and seem to keep your sense of humour too.

Latest posts

Back