Yankee Candles TSV 11/12/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I've cancelled the AD drops for the 10 small jar TSV (the wicks are ****** tiny and even such small jars don't always burn properly as a result) and the AD drops for the favourite things TSV (they smell of nothing when they burn, soooooo disappointed) and I seriously doubt this TSV will appeal to me - I think the quality of YC TSVs has dramatically declined, humph!

I am now slowly switching to Partylite candles (although my YC stash will take me a good couple of years to plough through) as they really are a quality product. Much more expensive and difficult to get hold of but I've been very impressed with what I've bought so far - their tea lights have a much better throw than the YC 'Favourite Things' large jar candles!

been a bit annoyed with the small jars but overall they are ok for the price paid. i totally agree with the dodgy wicks :mysmilie_51:

Oh dear, unlike you ladies to be so negative about Yankee Candles. Well done cancelling your ADs though, Tarketta - that was very brave of you. I'm now wondering if I should. I wasn't wild about the first three My Favourite Things jars but haven't actually lit any yet. I have tried a couple in crumble form from WaxAddicts, though. I'll have to study the list of what's coming and make a proper grown-up decision.

I've only lit two of the small jars so far and have managed to keep them pooling pretty well. I will light another one later and see how I get on. I may have mentioned before, I have resorted to balancing an Illuma-Lid on the top of small jars in the past, to help them pool - strangely, it does help (I'd love a made-to-measure Yankee lid for the small jars!). We really shouldn't have to do that though.

What to do, what to do?? With the sales coming up, I bet we can get some half-price items and pick what we like. I will feel a lot better doing that if I've stopped the ADs.....

Oh dear, unlike you ladies to be so negative about Yankee Candles. Well done cancelling your ADs though, Tarketta - that was very brave of you. I'm now wondering if I should. I wasn't wild about the first three My Favourite Things jars but haven't actually lit any yet. I have tried a couple in crumble form from WaxAddicts, though. I'll have to study the list of what's coming and make a proper grown-up decision.

I've only lit two of the small jars so far and have managed to keep them pooling pretty well. I will light another one later and see how I get on. I may have mentioned before, I have resorted to balancing an Illuma-Lid on the top of small jars in the past, to help them pool - strangely, it does help (I'd love a made-to-measure Yankee lid for the small jars!). We really shouldn't have to do that though.

What to do, what to do?? With the sales coming up, I bet we can get some half-price items and pick what we like. I will feel a lot better doing that if I've stopped the ADs.....

I had the raging hump this weekend as I started burning the Woolen Mittens one and didn't get a single whiff - I practically had to singe my chin hairs to get any kind of smell from it, not how I remember them first time round so can only presume the fragrance quality has declined. The teeny tiny wicks have only recently come to light with both the small jars and some of my recent WJ purchases, all through QVC so I do wonder whether these are 'made for Q specials'.

I'm really disappointed as it was the second drop of the Favourite Things I really wanted, but I just don't want to take the risk of them being so poorly scented as the first drop. Alas, looking at the reviews of the Fave Things TSV, I'm definitely not alone in my disappointment, humph.

I had the raging hump this weekend as I started burning the Woolen Mittens one and didn't get a single whiff - I practically had to singe my chin hairs to get any kind of smell from it, not how I remember them first time round so can only presume the fragrance quality has declined. The teeny tiny wicks have only recently come to light with both the small jars and some of my recent WJ purchases, all through QVC so I do wonder whether these are 'made for Q specials'.

I'm really disappointed as it was the second drop of the Favourite Things I really wanted, but I just don't want to take the risk of them being so poorly scented as the first drop. Alas, looking at the reviews of the Fave Things TSV, I'm definitely not alone in my disappointment, humph.

I can definitely believe what you say about the MFT jars. I saw the reviews online too - 39 on the Q website and average of only 3 out of 5 stars. I, too, like the sound of the second drop most of all. I think I'll get those and almost definitely cancel the third drop which appeals far less.

I've always doubted the accusations that some Yankees might be especially made for QVC and be inferior - not because I think QVC or YC wouldn't do that and everything from them is top notch, or that people are exaggerating, but because it seems unlikely with reputations to uphold. However, in the past year or so, I've started to see signs of it (not just with YC) and am more and more sceptical. Yes, it's taken me this long to see the light! More fool me. I'd love the low-down from an insider though!

i have a yankee store near me and i tried out the my favourite things that was a qvc exclusive. the rub here is i don't like buying from qvc on the whole as its difficult to make an informed choice watching the tv. the favourite things just smell of various scents of talcum powder in the jar. and my guess has to be i won't be using my hard earned cash to buy them. very very soft.

the small jars tsv have some lovely scents that i will buy after xmas and hopefully get for 70% off and no postage cost

I havent burned the MFT jars as yet, still about two years to go probably!!! I love them on cold sniff but am glad I only got the first set. I am currently out of YC ADs!!!! Roll on next year...

I am just burning the YC Portrait Bayberry with YC Eucalyptus to get a bit of a seasonal woodsy feel going on. Rather nice IMHO.

:mysmilie_59:

my friends & i have all burnt all the ones mentioned here & they are all perfect & have been burning very well but there again ive never had any issue & mum & i wouldnt use any other candle as weve tried so many & most have not agreed with us at all but thats a story for another day

I havent burned the MFT jars as yet, still about two years to go probably!!! I love them on cold sniff but am glad I only got the first set. I am currently out of YC ADs!!!! Roll on next year...

I am just burning the YC Portrait Bayberry with YC Eucalyptus to get a bit of a seasonal woodsy feel going on. Rather nice IMHO.

:mysmilie_59:

I like the Bayberry too but I need to learn how to match with others as I do find it a bit too pine-y and can only burn for a short time. I haven't got or ever tried the Eucalyptus. Love all the woodsy scents though as a rule.

Straight from the horse's mouth/aka Q's FB page, this apparently is the YC TSV - no idea re the scents but the usual suspects I'm guessing.

Hi Sue, it looks like this will be a 28 piece Your Favourites Collection so we hope you can tune in for the launch :) Joe x

2 Large Jars
1 Medium Jar
1 Small Jar
2 Boxes of T-lights in a choice of

Black Cherry
Cinnamon Stick
Clean Cotton
Lemon Lavender
Midnight Jasmine
Peony
Red Apple Wreath
Vanilla Cupcake
Vanilla Lime

It annoys me, very slightly, when they classify the tealights individually. To me this is a six piece selection. I'm sure the value will still be good so I am not criticising the collection itself, but you don't get much throw from one tealight do you?

2 Large Jars
1 Medium Jar
1 Small Jar

Black Cherry
Cinnamon Stick
Clean Cotton
Lemon Lavender
Midnight Jasmine
Peony
Red Apple Wreath
Vanilla Cupcake
Vanilla Lime

Hurrah! I can resist this. I like three of the scents enough to re-stock if I were low but I am definitely, definitely NOT!

What do you reckon, people - about £46 inc P&P?

2 Large Jars
1 Medium Jar
1 Small Jar

Black Cherry
Cinnamon Stick
Clean Cotton
Lemon Lavender
Midnight Jasmine
Peony
Red Apple Wreath
Vanilla Cupcake
Vanilla Lime

This is more or less a repeat of one of the earlier 2017 TSVs, isn't it?

I didn’t get the similar one last year, it was all new to me then.
So of these which would be your favourites? Asking as I’m not sure what a lot of them smell like.

I didn’t get the similar one last year, it was all new to me then.
So of these which would be your favourites? Asking as I’m not sure what a lot of them smell like.

black cherry, vanilla lime and clean cotton are very very popular. but i don't like any of these. if you love florals midnight jasmine and peony are favourites of mine. midnight jasmine is a marmite one though its mega heady. red apple wreath is a lovely fragrance for xmas. its a gourmand spice, apple and fresh christmas notes. vanilla cupcake is popular and i quite like it but have not bought it for years

Latest posts

Back