Yankee Candles TSV 11/12/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree about red apple wreath. I think it is a lovely winter fragrance and you can clearly smell some apple going on. Peony is a very nice floral, clean cotton very cleansing and vanilla lime is a good twist on what can be a same old same old vanilla.

Of the rest I am probably in a minority of one.
Black cherry, hugely popular but smells of nothing to me.
Cinnamon stick, very strong and one note so unabated cinnamon not translated into a festive fantasy fragrance.
Lemon lavender, smells appallingly strong on cold sniff and reminds me of air freshener but it mellows on burning.
Midnight Jasmine, I quite like but some people find it very heady.
Vanilla cupcake, revolting. I hate this fragrance. Like sticking,your head in a bowl of sponge cream.

:mysmilie_59:

This TSV suits me, lovely Clean Cotton. I like to burn this when I'm taking the Christmas decs down, all fresh and into the new year. It's my favourite Spring fragrance, and boy can I not wait for Spring...

Midnight Jasmine is the only Yankee scent to give me some kind of reaction.
It happened within minutes of lighting it. My throat really closed up, and the fragrance was all I could taste for days.
Very strange and I've never had a reaction like that before or after.

This selection is a complete and utter migraine-in-a-jar. I could tolerate a tea-light in Black Cherry but the rest are complete no-nos for me, with Vanilla Lime being the absolute work of the devil!

(results may vary :mysmilie_59: )

This selection is a complete and utter migraine-in-a-jar. I could tolerate a tea-light in Black Cherry but the rest are complete no-nos for me, with Vanilla Lime being the absolute work of the devil!

(results may vary :mysmilie_59: )

i agree re vanilla lime makes me gag its vile.

Not interested in this TSV but there again I rarely buy YC now from QVC because I was sick of sending them back - no smell. I buy tarts off ebay and put them in that hideous globe electric melter I bought. It does a great job though, the scent from one tart lasts about two days.

Vanilla Lime IS horrible!

CC

I caught a TV advert where they talked about getting personalised labels on some jars. I assume this is something like digital images of family photos etc

Can you imagine the FB groupies looking for a photo of ex YC Stephen swishing his hair - they would wet themselves with excitement.

i would have bought a set in black coconut the red apple wreath is a favourite but i know the yankee store will be selling these off at daft prices after xmas

Just watched the 1pm show with Rosa and Julia, it was nice to see them sitting down to present, much more of a relaxed feeling that way.

I only buy an occasional melt from the Yankee shop in town, so not interested in any of the candles. Still like watching the shows though....depending on who is presenting that is.

Off at a Yankee tangent...has anyone lit a votive without it being surrounded in an appropriate holder? The child in me wants to light one on a saucer to see if it really does dissolve in a pool. Anyone? Just me then :mysmilie_501:

Midnight Jasmine is the only Yankee scent to give me some kind of reaction.
It happened within minutes of lighting it. My throat really closed up, and the fragrance was all I could taste for days.
Very strange and I've never had a reaction like that before or after.

Midnight Jasmine is the fragrance the devil dabs behind his ears.

Off at a Yankee tangent...has anyone lit a sampler without it being surrounded in an appropriate holder? The child in me wants to light one on a saucer to see if it really does dissolve in a pool. Anyone? Just me then :mysmilie_501:

Do it, do it, do it!

They do spread out if not placed in one of the snug fitting holders. Indeed, a ome of the Yankee branded holders are far too big, I think. I bought a box of 10 small, plain glass votive holders from eBay for about a tenner and I put the votive in one of these to contain it, then the small holder inside the bigger Yankee ones.

Has anyone bought today’s TSV? I’m still dithering, it does seem good value.
I know I don’t like Midnight Jasmine but the only other two I know are Vanilla Cupcake & Clean Cotton, never smelt the others.

I know. Just wish I could find a true description of what the smells are like..

i just can't buy so much in one fragrance. i may have been tempted by snow in love or black coconut and thats a big may. just been to the yankee store that has half price sale. bough christmas magic a new one that is really really lovely for £12. beautifully wrapped in red tissue and a yankee bag with satin ribon .when i am ready i will pop back and get whatever i really really want.

the tsv is not for me

I know. Just wish I could find a true description of what the smells are like..

don't you have a store near you that sells yankees. if not buy a sampler set from qvc you have the mbg. gives you an idea what they are like

Latest posts

Back