Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I know QVC don't do Crabtree & Evelyn (have they in the past?) but a few forum members have mentioned they like the brand and they are quoted in comparisons with l'Occitane, for example, for hand creams, etc. So, if anyone's interested, there's an excellent deal for a "selection box" of C&E hand creams at Escentual at the moment - 12 x 25ml in a tin for £22. You get free P&P if you spend over £30.

https://www.escentual.com/gifts/htsampler006/

I ordered a box and it arrived today. I suspected it might be old stock or something but on the tin it says BBE 06/19 (and date of manufacture 01/17), which I think is fine. I can't decide whether to keep it or give it as a gift. Might buy another!

C&E set.jpgC&E tin.jpg

Wow. That is £48 on the C&E site, the same if not similar. These are the traditional C&E handcreams, or that's what I thought when browsing their shop and site. They have just brought out some trendier ones in an attempt to make themselves a bit zippier, I guess. Good value purchase though! I mean I thought my advent calendar was good for £48!!!!!!! Shows what I know LOL. But I am not getting any more.

Correction. Having had another look. I think they may have just tinkered with some of the perfumes and packaging, e.g. POmegranate and Argan Oil to trend them up a bit, whilst others like Summer Hill are well established in the range.

Wow. That is £48 on the C&E site, the same if not similar. These are the traditional C&E handcreams, or that's what I thought when browsing their shop and site. They have just brought out some trendier ones in an attempt to make themselves a bit zippier, I guess. Good value purchase though! I mean I thought my advent calendar was good for £48!!!!!!! Shows what I know LOL. But I am not getting any more.

Correction. Having had another look. I think they may have just tinkered with some of the perfumes and packaging, e.g. POmegranate and Argan Oil to trend them up a bit, whilst others like Summer Hill are well established in the range.

Oh, I didn't think to check the C&E website. I did just see a similar set in a tin with a different design on Lookfantastic for £48 and couldn't find anything cheaper from a quick google. I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling these off to make way for a revamped set, as you say. I'm not fussy, fortunately!

The design on my tin, as shown in the pic above, is gardening but I don't think it screams gardener gift only. I was pleased with my little purchase anyway.

I don't blame you, it's great. Now I interrogated the saleswoman at length when I went in and bought my set (she must have been so pleased!) and I don't think it is a question of them stopping some scents and I didn't mean to imply that, so sorry if it sounded like that. So far as I could make out, the established scents like Summer Hill and Somerset Meadow will stay, and the ones marked as new on the website like Lavender Espresso and the Goatmilk one are the ones looking and sounding a bit trendier. I was actually after their Orange one (spurred on by all the talk of Shay and Blue Blood Orange) and that plus a couple of others seem to be in a different category. So to sum up, I think they have three ranges!! !! Plus the special edition Christmas ones of course, LOL.

I don't blame you, it's great. Now I interrogated the saleswoman at length when I went in and bought my set (she must have been so pleased!) and I don't think it is a question of them stopping some scents and I didn't mean to imply that, so sorry if it sounded like that. So far as I could make out, the established scents like Summer Hill and Somerset Meadow will stay, and the ones marked as new on the website like Lavender Espresso and the Goatmilk one are the ones looking and sounding a bit trendier. I was actually after their Orange one (spurred on by all the talk of Shay and Blue Blood Orange) and that plus a couple of others seem to be in a different category. So to sum up, I think they have three ranges!! !! Plus the special edition Christmas ones of course, LOL.

Don't worry, I didn't think you were denigrating my purchase - I know you are not like that anyway. I really do appreciate the advice and info.

I think it's good you grilled the saleswoman - keeps people on their toes! I'm sick of shops where the assistants don't know what they are selling or, worse still, don't care. Reminds me of Q too much!

Don't worry, I didn't think you were denigrating my purchase - I know you are not like that anyway. I really do appreciate the advice and info.

I think it's good you grilled the saleswoman - keeps people on their toes! I'm sick of shops where the assistants don't know what they are selling or, worse still, don't care. Reminds me of Q too much!
Phew, that's a relief! I was worried I had unintentionally given offence.

I have to say the staff in C&E couldn't have been nicer. Doesn't that make a pleasant change? I was testing nearly everything, sleeves up, right along the arm LOL.

Phew, that's a relief! I was worried I had unintentionally given offence.

I have to say the staff in C&E couldn't have been nicer. Doesn't that make a pleasant change? I was testing nearly everything, sleeves up, right along the arm LOL.

Ha ha, not at all. I know what you mean, though, when it's the written word.

I've recently finished a large tube of C&E floral hand cream that I received as a gift last year. It was very nice. I love my hand creams but am a bit fussy about texture and prefer the ones that don't sink in too quickly as otherwise I just end up reapplying over and over! The C&E was about right.

I'm not keen on most of their scents, but I've always loved the La Source fragrance. The hand cream formulation, in my opinion is way better than L'Occitane's legendary Shea. I find it absorbs faster but neither rolls off nor leaves a greasy residue. Its one of my go-to handcreams.

Latest posts

Back