Prices Candles Collection TSV 23/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Went to our local Dobbies and they have the Beefayre candles and Reed diffusers. They smell lovely will see how they burn.

Well cheap as they are and pretty as the packaging is, I shan't be tempted again after last year's which was seriously underwhelming.

I just know I'm going to be tempted by this and then be underwhelmed. Must not buy. Do not watch after wine o clock.

CC

rubbish these have been ruined. if you want brightly coloured burning wax with no scent these are for you

Yes, I'd have been straight in there a few years ago but boffy's right - Price's have lost their way. It looks a good bargain but if they are as bad as my fateful TSV of 2015, £1.99 would be too much I'm afraid. Shame.

On the plus side, thank god the tealights are boxed again this year, rather than being wrapped in cellophane like the previous couple of years.
It looked as cheap as chips IMO.

Have to agree, I’ve bought a few Prices sets over the years and the tea lights are sub-supermarket own brand and smell of nothing, while the jar candles manage to both smell of nothing and tunnel horribly. Yankee, for all their faults, are far superior.

That said, the Sentinel tea lights which burn for eight hours are good, and they do some nice accessories.

I love smelly candles & my favourites are St Eval & The Country Candle Co. I've also bought many from TK Maxx & Homesense but then getting repeats is difficult. A few Christmases ago I bought pillar candles from Crabtree & Evelyn, they were a considered purchase & I couldn't bear to light them. Every year they are bought out of storage & put in hurricane lanterns in the hall - very Pinterest... Their fragrance has never faded & because they aren't lit the two people I know who have scent allergies can cope with them. Absolute quality but now only sold in pots & at £42 more than just an extravagance.

I love smelly candles & my favourites are St Eval & The Country Candle Co. I've also bought many from TK Maxx & Homesense but then getting repeats is difficult. A few Christmases ago I bought pillar candles from Crabtree & Evelyn, they were a considered purchase & I couldn't bear to light them. Every year they are bought out of storage & put in hurricane lanterns in the hall - very Pinterest... Their fragrance has never faded & because they aren't lit the two people I know who have scent allergies can cope with them. Absolute quality but now only sold in pots & at £42 more than just an extravagance.

its a shame about tk max i have had some wonderful candles at knock down prices. The Country Candle Company are good too. holding on with dear life the last two i have stashed away.

Price's Candles 6 Jar Candles & 60 Tea-lights Fragrance Collection
Item Number: 707603
QVC Price £32.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £5.95

This premium candle collection boasts six jar candles and 60 tea-lights in six different scents, with a variety of fruity, floral and spicy fragrances, including Mandarin and Honey, White Magnolia, Spiced Apple Cider and more. Perfect for splitting and sharing, give the gift of gorgeous fragrance with this Price's Candles assortment - these candles will make wonderful stocking fillers or Secret Santa presents this season.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually from Price’s Candles you’d pay £55.50. So to get them for our Today’s Special Value price of £19.98, plus P&P, is a brilliant saving of over £29.

Beautiful scents - whatever your preference, this collection has it all, from floral bouquets like Windsor Rose and White Magnolia, to the fruity scents of Mandarin and Honey and Spiced Apple Cider. You'll also find comforting, spicy aromas of Vanilla and Sandalwood and Pure Cashmere to enjoy.

Fragrant gifts - the collection includes six jar candles and six packs of 10 tea-lights in each of the fragrances. They are all boxed in fresh, vibrant packaging according to the scent, and all have elegant white wax candles to complement any décor. Split them up and create smaller sets to gift and share with family and friends - plus of course keep some for yourself too.

Each glass jar (h x w): 8.4cm x 7.5cm (3.3" x 3")
Burn time: jar candle: up to 40 hours; tea-lights: up to 5 hours; total burn time of up to 540 hours

Contains:

1 x Mandarin and Honey jar candle (348g)
1 x Windsor Rose jar candle (348g)
1 x Vanilla and Sandalwood jar candle (348g)
1 x White Magnolia jar candle (348g)
1 x Spiced Apple Cider jar candle (348g)
1 x Pure Cashmere jar candle (348g)
1 x (pack of 10) Mandarin and Honey tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)
1 x (pack of 10) Windsor Rose tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)
1 x (pack of 10) Vanilla and Sandalwood tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)
1 x (pack of 10) White Magnolia tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)
1 x (pack of 10) Spiced Apple Cider tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)
1 x (pack of 10) Pure Cashmere tea-lights (each tea-light 13g)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707603

No passing on this Q incredible 24 hour deal, as funnily enough haven’t heard of anyone wanting a box of tea lights for Christmas this year

:mysmilie_3:

the guest presenter is awful....these candles are subtle. we know so much so you can't smell them. i wonder how many have been sold

good luck to all those that purchased these. maybe prices have made them better than last year. i notice the wax is white now who knows

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews for the TSV as I'm curious too. I'm particularly interested in hearing from forum members here for a more realistic assessment.

I was shocked to see something I'd never seen before but then I've not seen many Prices shows.
They were heart shaped plastic shallow cups with wax in to place in a warmer.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these?

the guest presenter is awful....these candles are subtle. we know so much so you can't smell them. i wonder how many have been sold

It looked like Michaela, who was the original Yankee presenter. didn't catch her name but it looked and sounds like her

Latest posts

Back