Serious mis/over selling yet again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
10pm Sealy Bed Hour
Starts with rep saying this bed cures your aches n pains stops you over heating and stops you being woken by your partner.
This bed enables to you wake up in the morning having had a great nights sleep.
Honestly this shouldn’t be allowed.
If this bed cured all then the NHS should be dishing them out.
:mysmilie_13:

If the bed cured all those issues, it would cost tens of thousands of pounds ! To be fair to QVC, in a particular presentation CHuntley did say that they can't guarantee the results claimed by the guest.

Same with the skin creams that are credited with achieving amazing results. If I were certain that I would get very obvious visible results I would spend hundreds of pounds for a pot

If all their outlandish claims were true then there'd only be one make of bed or one brand of anti-ageing cream on the market. The fact that there are thousands shows that they should be careful about what they say. The same should be said for the lavender spray stuff that guarantees a good night's sleep.

I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Does it have a guaranteed orgasm with every night's sleep?:mysmilie_17:

It needs to be very special to compete with the Dyson Hairdryer which is a gift from the gods.

The top of the range 'Sealy' bed we bought, which cost an awful lot of money (not from QVC) was, without any doubt, the worst and most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept on. It had a 'pillow top' as now seems to be the fashion, and within 6 months it had settled into two distinct furrows, which made turning over impossible (without ropes and crampons). Never again. After 18 months of suffering we had to go and buy a new mattress, and the salesman warned us off 'pillow top' mattresses, apparently they all do this and they get loads of complaints about them.

The top of the range 'Sealy' bed we bought, which cost an awful lot of money (not from QVC) was, without any doubt, the worst and most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept on. It had a 'pillow top' as now seems to be the fashion, and within 6 months it had settled into two distinct furrows, which made turning over impossible (without ropes and crampons). Never again. After 18 months of suffering we had to go and buy a new mattress, and the salesman warned us off 'pillow top' mattresses, apparently they all do this and they get loads of complaints about them.

I had a Sealy bed once. Bought not long before a consumer programme had people on showing the "dents" in their beds.

Six months later, I was complaining to Sealy about the 'furrows" in mine that I could have been buried in! I was told it was my fault for not rotating it, but I had - probably more regularly than I needed to after seeing the horrors on the programme. Despite it being an absolute pain to do so. The salesman stated it never needed turning, which it doesn't, but it does need rotating - which the delivery men told me I absolutely needed to do.

Then they sent a guy out with a stick and a ruler, who "measured" the bed with his "tools" and informed me that the huge dents wern't huge enough to be considered a fault.

I stuck the ****** thing 3 years then took it to the tip. This really wound me up as not only did I waste a lot of money on it, but it also went to landfill. The tip guy actually commented something along the lines as "another Sealy, eh?" (apparently they were the most common brand being dumped).

Never again.

I sleep alone yet despite turning and rotating the mattress regularly it was knackered within 2 years. Bad enough that it was lumpy bumpy in the middle, but worse were the edges that completely lost their ‘firmness’. I actually fell out of bed a few times when I rolled over close to the edge and it gave way !

treat yourself to a Vi Spring you buy it from extra soft, soft, medium,firm and extra firm etc according to your weight. its handmade with all natural fillings like silk, cotton, wool,the pocket springs are hand made with cotton covering each spring. i am too old old for a cheap bed plus i have a lot of problems with my knackered body lol

I am almost ashamed to say my mattress is nearly 20_years old but I am loathe to change it as it is as comfortable today as when we first bought it. It is rotated and hoovered on a regular basis and covered by a good qualify mattress protector.

If it's still comfy, and you sleep well, there should be no need to change it. I suspect this idea that you should change your mattress every so many years is just a marketing ploy, spread about by mattress manufacturers!

Latest posts

Back