B&W

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I bought some B&W pieces which believe it or not are classy.Now, I watched yesterday thinking something might appeal & started to watch tonight & switched off.Whatever they are thinking of is not a direction I want to see never mind spend money on.The colours are garish, so many multi coloured everything but the kitchen sink, brassy coloured 'gold' & vastly overpriced.I am not one for the cutie animal pins or the OTT pieces which have no finesse.They must have a cult following on QVC, but for me it's a 'has been'.

I have the BW raccoon pin & a Christmas tree made of snowflakes that was my mum's. Both are beautiful, well made & have stood the test of time. Simon needs to rethink or retire.

I agree there used to be some lovely pieces once but not anymore. Not watched a show for a long long time, mainly because JR is usually on with him and it was nauseating to watch.

I like brooches but not gimmicky ones. I was recently at a wedding and wanted a crystal brooch to wear on a plain navy crepe jacket over a floral dress and I took a risk and ordered this brand in the link below from Amazon. It`s stunning, so well made, came nicely gift boxed which also included some spare crystals too. They also do many BW look a likey items as well as more traditional styles and their prices are reasonable I think.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OYVA7YU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I agree with all the above. The teddy sitting on the back of the duck brooch, has reached a new low. Clearly he pilfers the designs from the local nursery school offerings.

Simon has been a canny operator all his life - retaining the B & W name from his partner / keeping his stores in the capital / not selling out because he knows he has a unique brand / and having only 2 stores keeps the exclusivity factor going. Linking with QVC was shrewd because he can flog to a ginormous audience without (literally) stepping outside of London.

I remember the old, classy stuff.

Nothing modern appeals to me at all. Wouldn't pay his prices either.

I have two B&W pins, the little fairy ones they used to do. I was once asked why the angel on the brooch was roller skating? Er no, its a fairly with three stars I told them.:mysmilie_19: I think they cost around £12 back then!!!

QVC were selling a little enamel owl brooch but it was £23+ and the postage. Got it on eBay brand new for £12 and free postage.

Avon used to sell some nice little pins and brooches, I have dragonfly one and its years old but I still get asked about it. Oh and it cost around £3.

I have two B&W pins, the little fairy ones they used to do. I was once asked why the angel on the brooch was roller skating? Er no, its a fairly with three stars I told them.:mysmilie_19: I think they cost around £12 back then!!!

QVC were selling a little enamel owl brooch but it was £23+ and the postage. Got it on eBay brand new for £12 and free postage.

Avon used to sell some nice little pins and brooches, I have dragonfly one and its years old but I still get asked about it. Oh and it cost around £3.

I have a B & W dragonfly necklace which is very nice.

Simon has been a canny operator all his life - retaining the B & W name from his partner / keeping his stores in the capital / not selling out because he knows he has a unique brand / and having only 2 stores keeps the exclusivity factor going. Linking with QVC was shrewd because he can flog to a ginormous audience without (literally) stepping outside of London.[/QUOTE]

brissles did his partner die?

I wonder if Simon gets a lot of his inspiration from his former partner's work but chooses cheaper alternatives to sterling silver & semi precious stones for his designs.

Thanks for all the answers above. I've been on holiday so not seen the responses. I know that Simon & Nicky were together back in the 60's when they were antique dealers with a love of Art Deco. Then came a parting of the ways, and assume that Nicky had a payoff or retains a sleeping partnership, for Simon to keep the Butler & Wilson name. Wilson has clearly done well with his reputation in the fashion world, and homes in London and Monaco.

Latest posts

Back