X-Ultimate Pro Drone. New kind of GPS?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_dayz

Registered Shopper
Watching this Drone on TV, and seeing it drift all over the studio, I am very interested in the new GPS technology it is said to use. Being the owner of the fabulous DJI Mavic Drone with UHD video so steady, you would think that the Camera were on a very tall tripod, but will not receive GPS signals indoors. So what is this new technology? It is said by the demonstrator to be only 4 weeks old. I even wonder if the said Drone even has GPS control at all, if so, then what I see on TV of the new GPS does not impress me!

So if any owners of the X-Ultimate read this, will you please comment?

Last edited:
It's mind boggling how they always demonstrate how stable the drones are, and they always always wander off. Do they not think viewers notice the drone going off camera somewhere?

And the whole "I'm going to get into trouble now for asking him to fly at full speed in the studio" is getting a bit tired as well.

It's mind boggling how they always demonstrate how stable the drones are, and they always always wander off. Do they not think viewers notice the drone going off camera somewhere?

And the whole "I'm going to get into trouble now for asking him to fly at full speed in the studio" is getting a bit tired as well.

The sad thing is that they present as if every show is in a vacuum and assume/hope people won't see it twice or enough to spot these tropes and inconsistencies. But then still insist on creating a tether between them and their elderly fans.

How over the top is that moron who demo's this drone? "it's the best drone I have ever flown" from somebody who works for a Drone outlet? Blatant lie right there methinks sonny jim.

"look how stable it is" with him turned to one side slightly trying to obscure the fact he is using the remote to stop it wandering off too far.

Then an outright absolutely blatant lie. "it can even return to you with the press of a button. I calibrated the GPS earlier to set it to land back at this spot" oh no you didn't you clucking clunt. No GPS in the faraday cage so you didn't calibrate a damned thing. LIES!!!

How over the top is that moron who demo's this drone? "it's the best drone I have ever flown" from somebody who works for a Drone outlet? Blatant lie right there methinks sonny jim.

"look how stable it is" with him turned to one side slightly trying to obscure the fact he is using the remote to stop it wandering off too far.

Then an outright absolutely blatant lie. "it can even return to you with the press of a button. I calibrated the GPS earlier to set it to land back at this spot" oh no you didn't you clucking clunt. No GPS in the faraday cage so you didn't calibrate a damned thing. LIES!!!

Is there any truth in the rumour that these people have to take a polygraph test and fail it miserably before they let them on air?

What is that guy on who demonstrates that drone? Last night he said that no matter what angle the drone is at, the camera always stays level. Well anyone can see that when the drone goes out of level, so does the camera! Does he think we are all blind, or just stupid?

Does he think we are all blind, or just stupid?

Stupid, without a doubt!

Mind you, that also goes for the vast majority of the presentations.

Every time Janice sells one of those nearly six year old iPads I can see the same thought going through her mind.

For the love of god, will someone at IW explain to that guffawing lunatic who demonstrates the "pro drone" exactly what a gimble is. "The camera is attached to a quality gimble" ...no, no it isn't you idiot.

"imagine filming wildlife" he says, as he zips backward and forward. Yeah I can imagine it, as I look at the monitor that shows what it's filming.....basically a broken up blurry image of nothing. That or he was somehow filming an acid trip?

In the 20 minutes I have watched, they have sold 22 of them. Gollum wasn't lying the other night....they really are flying out !!!!???? almost 1 a minute. Monster!

Last edited:
For the love of god, will someone at IW explain to that guffawing lunatic who demonstrates the "pro drone" exactly what a gimble is. "The camera is attached to a quality gimble" ...no, no it isn't you idiot.

"imagine filming wildlife" he says, as he zips backward and forward. Yeah I can imagine it, as I look at the monitor that shows what it's filming.....basically a broken up blurry image of nothing. That or he was somehow filming an acid trip?

In the 20 minutes I have watched, they have sold 22 of them. Gollum wasn't lying the other night....they really are flying out !!!!???? almost 1 a minute. Monster!

That guy amazes me too. If he sells £10,000 drones as he claims, then he must know what an electronic gimbal looks like mustn't he? I wish he'd stick that toy drone where the sun doesn't shine. Who ever heard of a professional drone doing 360 degree flips?

He even talks about filming above the clouds at 150 meters altitude. He should know that flying that high is not only irresponsible, but also illegal!

IDIOT!!!!

Here is a customer's review of the ultimate drone from IW's web site.

Not worth the money.
02 December 2017
I was really looking forward to using this as my first drone after seeing it in action on the ideal site.After assembly it seemed to work ok.After 10 minutes use the picture from the camera stopped working on the screen and never worked again.The AA batteries supplied were virtually dead and the camera got so hot it started to melt the SD card.
Would not recommend.

That's so cool....I didn't know drones costing over a grand had a feature where they melted SD cards. I mean, that is a feature it has in common with expensive drones yes? ;)

That's so cool....I didn't know drones costing over a grand had a feature where they melted SD cards. I mean, that is a feature it has in common with expensive drones yes? ;)

Well I have to admit, that's one feature that my DJI Mavic doesn't have, and I'm so grateful.

I love how they compare the onboard 'HD' camera with that of their own studio camera's.

Yes, that's correct a £100 drone is comparable to that of a £35K television studio camera.

Latest posts

Back