Claire Sutton Amazing ...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Has just happily and sounded very pleased to announce in the Kipling hour, she doesn't make a food shopping list.
So a working mother of three children doesn't plan a list for her supermarket food shopping ???:mysmilie_13:
Maybe we aren't the norm then, but I just couldn't imagine entering a supermarket to do a shop for a number of days.
Just not knowing either what we planned to eat and what was needed for those meals plus any other items such as cleaning, toiletries or washing supplies etc.

Would be interested in hearing from those with families if you regularly push and load anything that takes your fancy into your trolley.
And if it works that you never fall short of supplies

:mysmilie_3:

I would imagine money's no object in their household & a 'budget' is something that only applies to other people. Maybe her darling Dan does the weekly shop because she's always said that he does the cooking.

I only do a physical list at Christmas or if I'm cooking something new otherwise it is a mental list having decided a general idea of meals for the week.

If I run out of something I write it on a chalk board in the kitchen. Mr L and I used to stand in the middle of the shop try and remember what was on it by visualising the words but now we take a photo of the board on our phone.

Often I stand in a corner and mentally run through the meals and ingredients to make sure I have it all.

Just the two of us and we've had 46 yeas of practice so we should be able to do it in our sleep. Looking back at this post perhaps it would be easier to do a list!!

I switched on to see if I was missing anything... Claire started talking about her Mummy, I had to switch over before I threw something at my tv.

Always try to make a list so that I have everything I need for each meal. I always forget things though and buy things I don't need. It's so boring anyway that I just rush in and out as fast as I can.

CC

I don't have a family, I just go to the supermarket when I happen to be passing one. When I do have folks staying, I couldn't do a shop without a list.

I always make a list, and the shop is just for me! I would never remember the household items or would end up with a mountain of one thing whilst running out of something else. Plus, it can stop you buying unnecessary food which then gets binned I think.

Ah, the joys is doing an online supermarket shop means I wander around the house poking about in cupboards to see what I need and a lovely person brings it to my doorstep! And I can amend it up to the night before if Ive forgotten something or ran out of gin...... :)

No, I don't make a list either. I know by now what I need and it's so easy to stock up with essentials and also to pop in to buy anything I've forgotten. I don't think it's that unusual to be honest!

Always try to make a list so that I have everything I need for each meal. I always forget things though and buy things I don't need. It's so boring anyway that I just rush in and out as fast as I can.

CC

The it's so boring reference sums up the weekly shop for me so I had to reply and agree! I hate food shopping, am not that keen on cooking or to be honest eating so wonder why oh why am I the nominated food shopper and cooker in my family. But as we all know life is not fair! However it could be a lot worse so I don't like to moan too much (although my family would disagree that I don't moan about this!!)

I've never done online food shopping. I like to select everything myself an snap the stalks off the broccoli so as to only pay for florets.
Ah, the joys is doing an online supermarket shop means I wander around the house poking about in cupboards to see what I need and a lovely person brings it to my doorstep! And I can amend it up to the night before if Ive forgotten something or ran out of gin...... :)

I do that too Gin Queen. I used to hate going to the supermarket for food shopping. I'd feel depressed as we entered the car park! I do still pop in now and then, but thankfully the days of a huge trolley full of food are long gone.

I think on line is ok for non fresh stuff but I wouldn't trust them for anything fresh plus I want to be the one who chooses which bag of spuds etc I get not some 16 year old spotty boy who has never seen a raw spud in his life.

if something is not available you end up with all the ingredients for a dish except for one item whereas if you are in store you can change the whole meal if necessary.

On line is good for non perishable Christmas leaving the last minute shop for the important bits.

my daughter and her husband rely heavily on online shopping for food. with a massively heavy workload, a frisky 3 year old and a new bubba it saves them a lot of time and energy. i don't think it saves them money though

Latest posts

Back