In a quiet moment questions occur to me......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bristol

Registered Shopper
I was just wondering does anyone remember when Gemporia/GemsTV actually presented a 'genuine falling price auction'? I have heard the concept trailed still but regularly seems like the price just falls to the pre-determined price. A exception is the few times that Steve is doing a shift, 'not going fast enough' and knocks some more off but that's a rare exception.

And then there is the latest stunt of Dave Troth in a showcase:
presenter picks the next ring which is seen to be in white metal.
Inference is that its white gold.
Dave says 'look inside the shank'
Presenter looks and squeals in amazement - '925! its silver!!' taken completely by surprise and amazed. What a trick to play on a presenter - to not disclose to them in advance the range that they will be displaying; almost cruel.

I was just wondering does anyone remember when Gemporia/GemsTV actually presented a 'genuine falling price auction'? I have heard the concept trailed still but regularly seems like the price just falls to the pre-determined price. A exception is the few times that Steve is doing a shift, 'not going fast enough' and knocks some more off but that's a rare exception.

Presenter looks and squeals in amazement - '925! its silver!!' taken completely by surprise and amazed. What a trick to play on a presenter - to not disclose to them in advance the range that they will be displaying; almost cruel.

As I type Adina has been flogging a pearl necklace for the last half an hour and for most of that time the price has been £39.99.

Used to pick up some great bargains on Rocks/Gems but things seem to have rocketed recently & when they have a sale I don't see items for less than I've seen them previously. Has the price of silver really gone up that much?

I buy very little from them now and return most as they just don't grab me when they arrive.

Every time I switch on its blooming candles or car thingies. Can't think of the word I want as I am so tired at the moment. Brain has gone missing.

Many things have changed on Gems and imho not for the better, personally i wouldnt feel that David Troth is being cruel to the presenter, its all smoke and mirrors, worked out in the meetings prior to going on air, many of the presenters went to drama school. All this faux surprise shock at the price is all rot, i have seen better acting in amateur theatre, never forget they are not your friends they are sales people.

All in line with the bad acting shenanigans that is today's Gemporia. I remember the days (back in 2008) when they sold decent weights of silver in their jewellery and gold shanks on the rings that you could ACTUALLY SEE rather than being like a piece of sewing cotton. And don't get me started on that flippin Dave Troth, who is on there nearly every time I switch over for a look-see (hence I usually switch over in about 2 mins). He is promoted as some sort of 'expert' and yet all he seems to do is to parrot what the presenter is saying - so what's the point of him? Have Gems been taking lessons from TJC's Amit Academy of Adding an Extra Person to Keep Butting in? Or what?

Perhaps it's time they asked for a refund on their tuition fees! It is so badly done it is embarrassing. :mysmilie_10:QUOTE=missmarple;911069]Many things have changed on Gems and imho not for the better, personally i wouldnt feel that David Troth is being cruel to the presenter, its all smoke and mirrors, worked out in the meetings prior to going on air, many of the presenters went to drama school. All this faux surprise shock at the price is all rot, i have seen better acting in amateur theatre, never forget they are not your friends they are sales people.[/QUOTE]

I know its really hard to believe but some of the presenters met whilst doing theatre work, including Rae and Ruth Linnett and possibly Angeline. As for David Troth, it doesnt say anything on his facebook page other than he began working at Gems in 2015, personally i cant stand him and i dont even watch properly.

Latest posts

Back