Molton Brown TSV 20/12/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They said they'd only offer easy pay up until midnight last night as the email sent was an error, so grab them while you can. So unfortunately if you wasn't on QVCs Facebook yesterday, or at all, you'd have missed out on the easy pay. Why they couldn't just give their customers easy pay anyway for all you MB lovers is anyone guess. What a bunch of miserable arses.

It very annoying when CS is said to have stated No Easy Pay when clearly there has been though

REALLY cross I missed the easy pay as I was going to get it but now it's a bit too much all in one go. Never mind, no doubt they will have something similar next year. No matter what you miss it always comes around again and I do have a fair bit of MB, just not the hand wash.

CC

REALLY cross I missed the easy pay as I was going to get it but now it's a bit too much all in one go. Never mind, no doubt they will have something similar next year. No matter what you miss it always comes around again and I do have a fair bit of MB, just not the hand wash.

CC

Oh that’s a real shame you’re been mislead and have now missed out

:mysmilie_10:

Hope you manage a good hand wash set soon

Don't forget the sales are going to start soon so check the MB website. Another cock up by Q and not fair on people who did not know EZ pay on before midnight.

in my opening post i did not put anything about easy pays as far as i was lead there wasnt going to be any so thats email was a complete mess up

but still bought one set anyway as its too good value not to buy

If anyone lives near to a Molton Brown outlet (my nearest it Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth) it's worth a look any time of the year; many years ago I bought 5 bottles of 300ml of shower gel for peanuts just because the colour was too deep, but otherwise perfect. Also a good place to find discontinued lines - I had a slightly crazed trolly dash during my visit after they'd dropped their make up line again; the kids walked away! There's also a Kipling and L'Occitane outlet there too...oh no I'm talking myself into a January sales trip to Portsmouth!

If anyone lives near to a Molton Brown outlet (my nearest it Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth) it's worth a look any time of the year; many years ago I bought 5 bottles of 300ml of shower gel for peanuts just because the colour was too deep, but otherwise perfect. Also a good place to find discontinued lines - I had a slightly crazed trolly dash during my visit after they'd dropped their make up line again; the kids walked away! There's also a Kipling and L'Occitane outlet there too...oh no I'm talking myself into a January sales trip to Portsmouth!

wish i did live near one of those kinda things but its good for those that do as most of the outlet lines are the ones Q get as exclusives ect

I ordered the Fresh & Sweet and Fresh & Citrus on the 18th and they were delivered by Hermes today 20th so great service from QVC and Hermes.
I absolutely love both these sets and I think the value is fantastic and the choice of fragrances are great.
I am so happy I have ordered the same 2 sets again which will keep me going indefinitely.
I really like the Samphire which is not an overtly ozone heavy fragrance and I am surprised that I also like the Caju and lime which is so zingy and probably would never have tried it if it wasnt included in the collection.
The 2 real stars in the collection are Pettigree Dew and Vanilla and Violet both absolutely stunning and are fragrances that I have tried before.
Off for a shower but which fragrance shall I use....decisions, decisions!

I ordered the Fresh & Sweet and Fresh & Citrus on the 18th and they were delivered by Hermes today 20th so great service from QVC and Hermes.
I absolutely love both these sets and I think the value is fantastic and the choice of fragrances are great.
I am so happy I have ordered the same 2 sets again which will keep me going indefinitely.
I really like the Samphire which is not an overtly ozone heavy fragrance and I am surprised that I also like the Caju and lime which is so zingy and probably would never have tried it if it wasnt included in the collection.
The 2 real stars in the collection are Pettigree Dew and Vanilla and Violet both absolutely stunning and are fragrances that I have tried before.
Off for a shower but which fragrance shall I use....decisions, decisions!

enjoy your smells

i like molton brown but the aldi dupes are really very good and cost 89p
I think so too. We had the Aldi dupe of orange & bergamot hand wash in our holiday rental in Wales this summer, and I thought it was better than the real thing.

I think so too. We had the Aldi dupe of orange & bergamot hand wash in our holiday rental in Wales this summer, and I thought it was better than the real thing.

Having never bought MB, because I personally would never spend that sort of money on something that within minutes goes straight down the plug hole, so can't compare but I have bought the Aldi brand and in its own right it's gorgeous, so I absolutely agree, beautiful smells and amazing value for money for something that does exactly the same thing as something costing twenty times the price, or more.

I see the Fresh & Floral option has sold out now - I actually thought there would be sell-outs by the morning repeat but maybe MB is not the big draw for QVC that it once was. Or maybe it's far too close to Christmas and people don't trust that it will be delivered before the end of the year, or they didn't get enough stock. Or people have cottoned on to the cheaper alternatives. I must try the Aldi hand wash versions some of you are talking about, and I will next time I'm in there if they have it, but I am looking for gifts for MB lovers so it would have to be "the real thing".

At about 20 past midnight, Hyperactive Franks said they had sold 5,000 (or over 5,000). Have they mentioned sales levels since?

Perhaps they had good stock levels for once! Ali has just said 600 sweet ones left but I only heard 5000 as a total mentioned. Was that including the 4000 early bird orders though or on top?

Mine came this afternoon, the sweet ones. I had a quick sniff of the very cold products and was pleased as this was a leap in the dark for me. I don't normally buy pure citrus and was worried the mauve one would be like a cake! But the scent I got was a pretty violet. I did like the handwash too, a very rounded pear scent I thought. I thought the value was very good for MB and it also means I can be more choosey in the sales and not make a desperation purchase to boost the stash. Not that the stash needs boosting! Still it might save me carrying a really heavy, back breaking load home from the DHS where they have been kicked on to the floor etc etc.......

Kelly Hoppen has just come on, hardly the personification of Christmas cheer! Excuse me whilst I hunt for the remote

Having never bought MB, because I personally would never spend that sort of money on something that within minutes goes straight down the plug hole, so can't compare but I have bought the Aldi brand and in its own right it's gorgeous, so I absolutely agree, beautiful smells and amazing value for money for something that does exactly the same thing as something costing twenty times the price, or more.

i like molton brown always have some in my stash. and i never thought i would like the aldi hand wash. i have the green and the rose and rhubarb. if you use them side by side you will see a minor difference but not wildly so. i use the old mb bottles and decant the hand wash. tbh i am that pleased i will just use the dupes in their own right

I love MB and have tried the Aldi hand wash and it is great. I decant into MB bottle cough cough and nobody is any the wiser only little old me.

So what do we think then?

I bought the fresh and floral and split it up into 4 gifts. At an average of less than £10 per gift, I thought it was very good value.

I was really tempted to keep one of the shower gels but will try an Aldi smell-a-like instead.

Morning all. I hope Christmas has been super for everyone.

Boffy this TSV certainly compared favourably to the MB sale options IMHO. They had duos exactly the same as their last two sales. I know cos I think I have them all upstairs in the stash! I did get a handwash set but it did mean I wasn't staggering home under the weight of it all.... so I went to Crabtree and Evelyn for some handcream, lol. I did buy one their mini selections because I wanted to try some of the men's scents but can't buy the full size to try. They had sold out of the men's cracker but I got a set of 10 tiny ones with 5 women and 5 men. I haven't tried Rosa Absolut and the men's are black pepper, tobacco, coastal cypress, bushukan, Russian leather. An expensive way to buy ml for me even reduced but a nice chance to experiment!

I didn't fancy any of the duos this year from Molton Brown. I love the Grapeseed duo of bath/shower gel and body lotion which usually comes out but no sign this time. Do like the White Sandalwood, but have one unopened, gave the Fleur one that came with it as part of a Xmas present. I bought mine in the summer. The Rosa Abs is really a beautiful rose.

I just did SpaceNK sale half price as usual. Bought REN Rose duo.

Latest posts

Back