Anybody ever cancelled an order before?
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody ever cancelled an order before?

ADVERTISING

So first of all, forgive me lord for I have sinned. I ordered an item from IW!!!

Anyway, I have been after one of those Tefal Cook4me things for a while now, and honestly, they have a great price on it at the minute. I'm talking about the connect version that connects to an app.

So, I go to their website and click on the icon that takes you to the item currently being shown on air. I place my order, then it hits me, it hasn't taken me to the one on air at all. It has taken me to the model below.

I get back on the website....but what is this madness??? No option to cancel an order...wtf!!!

I call customer services who say they will cancel it and order me the correct item. Warning me that my first flexi payment for the wrong order may take 5 days to be paid back. Shame we don't live in a digital age where these things can take seconds eh? ;)

I have now been checking back on the website and it still shows the wrong order as being in progress. If they still send me that I shall be royally pissed as I don't have an Asda close by at all to avoid paying the postage to have it sent back.

Right, after that short novel, has anybody cancelled anything before, and does it take a while to show on the website?

This has put me right off ordering again. The option to cancel shouldn't be hidden behind a phone call to a premium rate number
      Likes stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
      So first of all, forgive me lord for I have sinned. I ordered an item from IW!!!

Anyway, I have been after one of those Tefal Cook4me things for a while now, and honestly, they have a great price on it at the minute. I'm talking about the connect version that connects to an app.

So, I go to their website and click on the icon that takes you to the item currently being shown on air. I place my order, then it hits me, it hasn't taken me to the one on air at all. It has taken me to the model below.

I get back on the website....but what is this madness??? No option to cancel an order...wtf!!!

I call customer services who say they will cancel it and order me the correct item. Warning me that my first flexi payment for the wrong order may take 5 days to be paid back. Shame we don't live in a digital age where these things can take seconds eh? ;)

I have now been checking back on the website and it still shows the wrong order as being in progress. If they still send me that I shall be royally pissed as I don't have an Asda close by at all to avoid paying the postage to have it sent back.

Right, after that short novel, has anybody cancelled anything before, and does it take a while to show on the website?

This has put me right off ordering again. The option to cancel shouldn't be hidden behind a phone call to a premium rate number
      I believe you can email. Other posters have said this is the best way I think.
      Thanks Retrovertigo thanked for this post
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, I would never trust what their customer service says. When I had to contact them some time ago, they were in India, and they kept telling me lies!

Perhaps they've changed now.

Post Thanks / Like

Their customer service is great, I've cancelled before so I emailed them asking them to cancel, then ring me. Less than 48 hours later, they've cancelled and rang me. They need to speak to you to make sure they're putting the refund on the right persons card, and then two days later the money is back on my card. I've always found their customer service to be great, if they were poop, I'd say they were poop. When I've cancelled with QVC in the past, even when I've rang an hour later it's been too late to cancel, so you have to wait for the item to come out to you even if it's still "in process" (average five days) then return it (average fourteeen days) then wait for your refund to clear through the bank (average five days) but that's only my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Their customer service is great, I've cancelled before so I emailed them asking them to cancel, then ring me. Less than 48 hours later, they've cancelled and rang me. They need to speak to you to make sure they're putting the refund on the right persons card, and then two days later the money is back on my card. I've always found their customer service to be great, if they were poop, I'd say they were poop. When I've cancelled with QVC in the past, even when I've rang an hour later it's been too late to cancel, so you have to wait for the item to come out to you even if it's still "in process" (average five days) then return it (average fourteeen days) then wait for your refund to clear through the bank (average five days) but that's only my experience.
      I thought it was you who had said before about cancelling. I've had the same problem with QVC tried to cancel about 15 minutes after I realised I had ordered the wrong item.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
      I thought it was you who had said before about cancelling. I've had the same problem with QVC tried to cancel about 15 minutes after I realised I had ordered the wrong item.
      QVC are a nigmare but I think what it is LP, they just can't be arsed to do it.
      Thanks Lemonpop thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I contacted their Facebook team and also emailed them. No reply as of yet to the email. The Facebook team reckoned it was indeed cancelled......it is still showing as in progress though :/

Both people I spoke to were Indian (don't they usually say their CS team is either in the same building or close by?) I initially called the order line, but they said I needed to call CS.

When I was talking to the guy at customer services and explained what had happened, I also said "I was also in a bit of a hurry as it is a great price and they said they were really busy" (which in cases like this when it is an obvious big discount I can almost believe) He actually laughed and said "nah, no need to rush we have loads left"

Nanty was talking about ordering the other night trying to convince people to use the website or app. He said "frankly I don't want to pay for a phone call when it is free to order off the web"

Well sunshine, have a word with the powers that be and ask them why they use premium phone numbers for anybody you contact there!!

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience the account status doesn't change but if they've told you it's cancelled then it will be. It takes 48 hours to reply (I don't do fab) and your refund should be back in your account two/three days after, hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I know with their new Asda thing, returns are a lot easier, but I've had a couple of problems with them and it's really put me off buying, especially when on occassion when I've had to phone them and have been put through to an overseas call centre with operators who are clearly trained to make you repeat everything you've said in order to keep you on the line longer than necessary. I don't like the "courtesy" calls they give that try to trick you into signing up for an extortionate package of deals that are available for nothing, or next to nothing elsewhere - can't be doing with them!
      Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I am amazed that people are still buying from IW, and even more amazed that they find something worth buying. They haven't got one presenter that I could watch/listen to for more than a few mins, the few I could watch have been moved on to craft ... which I have no interest in.

Advertising

Advertising