Anybody ever cancelled an order before?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
So first of all, forgive me lord for I have sinned. I ordered an item from IW!!!

Anyway, I have been after one of those Tefal Cook4me things for a while now, and honestly, they have a great price on it at the minute. I'm talking about the connect version that connects to an app.

So, I go to their website and click on the icon that takes you to the item currently being shown on air. I place my order, then it hits me, it hasn't taken me to the one on air at all. It has taken me to the model below.

I get back on the website....but what is this madness??? No option to cancel an order...wtf!!!

I call customer services who say they will cancel it and order me the correct item. Warning me that my first flexi payment for the wrong order may take 5 days to be paid back. Shame we don't live in a digital age where these things can take seconds eh? ;)

I have now been checking back on the website and it still shows the wrong order as being in progress. If they still send me that I shall be royally pissed as I don't have an Asda close by at all to avoid paying the postage to have it sent back.

Right, after that short novel, has anybody cancelled anything before, and does it take a while to show on the website?

This has put me right off ordering again. The option to cancel shouldn't be hidden behind a phone call to a premium rate number :mysmilie_51:

So first of all, forgive me lord for I have sinned. I ordered an item from IW!!!

Anyway, I have been after one of those Tefal Cook4me things for a while now, and honestly, they have a great price on it at the minute. I'm talking about the connect version that connects to an app.

So, I go to their website and click on the icon that takes you to the item currently being shown on air. I place my order, then it hits me, it hasn't taken me to the one on air at all. It has taken me to the model below.

I get back on the website....but what is this madness??? No option to cancel an order...wtf!!!

I call customer services who say they will cancel it and order me the correct item. Warning me that my first flexi payment for the wrong order may take 5 days to be paid back. Shame we don't live in a digital age where these things can take seconds eh? ;)

I have now been checking back on the website and it still shows the wrong order as being in progress. If they still send me that I shall be royally pissed as I don't have an Asda close by at all to avoid paying the postage to have it sent back.

Right, after that short novel, has anybody cancelled anything before, and does it take a while to show on the website?

This has put me right off ordering again. The option to cancel shouldn't be hidden behind a phone call to a premium rate number :mysmilie_51:

I believe you can email. Other posters have said this is the best way I think.

In my experience, I would never trust what their customer service says. When I had to contact them some time ago, they were in India, and they kept telling me lies!

Perhaps they've changed now.

Their customer service is great, I've cancelled before so I emailed them asking them to cancel, then ring me. Less than 48 hours later, they've cancelled and rang me. They need to speak to you to make sure they're putting the refund on the right persons card, and then two days later the money is back on my card. I've always found their customer service to be great, if they were poop, I'd say they were poop. When I've cancelled with QVC in the past, even when I've rang an hour later it's been too late to cancel, so you have to wait for the item to come out to you even if it's still "in process" (average five days) then return it (average fourteeen days) then wait for your refund to clear through the bank (average five days) but that's only my experience.

Their customer service is great, I've cancelled before so I emailed them asking them to cancel, then ring me. Less than 48 hours later, they've cancelled and rang me. They need to speak to you to make sure they're putting the refund on the right persons card, and then two days later the money is back on my card. I've always found their customer service to be great, if they were poop, I'd say they were poop. When I've cancelled with QVC in the past, even when I've rang an hour later it's been too late to cancel, so you have to wait for the item to come out to you even if it's still "in process" (average five days) then return it (average fourteeen days) then wait for your refund to clear through the bank (average five days) but that's only my experience.

I thought it was you who had said before about cancelling. I've had the same problem with QVC tried to cancel about 15 minutes after I realised I had ordered the wrong item.

I thought it was you who had said before about cancelling. I've had the same problem with QVC tried to cancel about 15 minutes after I realised I had ordered the wrong item.

QVC are a nigmare but I think what it is LP, they just can't be arsed to do it.

Well I contacted their Facebook team and also emailed them. No reply as of yet to the email. The Facebook team reckoned it was indeed cancelled......it is still showing as in progress though :/

Both people I spoke to were Indian (don't they usually say their CS team is either in the same building or close by?) I initially called the order line, but they said I needed to call CS.

When I was talking to the guy at customer services and explained what had happened, I also said "I was also in a bit of a hurry as it is a great price and they said they were really busy" (which in cases like this when it is an obvious big discount I can almost believe) He actually laughed and said "nah, no need to rush we have loads left"

Nanty was talking about ordering the other night trying to convince people to use the website or app. He said "frankly I don't want to pay for a phone call when it is free to order off the web"

Well sunshine, have a word with the powers that be and ask them why they use premium phone numbers for anybody you contact there!!

In my experience the account status doesn't change but if they've told you it's cancelled then it will be. It takes 48 hours to reply (I don't do fab) and your refund should be back in your account two/three days after, hope this helps.

I know with their new Asda thing, returns are a lot easier, but I've had a couple of problems with them and it's really put me off buying, especially when on occassion when I've had to phone them and have been put through to an overseas call centre with operators who are clearly trained to make you repeat everything you've said in order to keep you on the line longer than necessary. I don't like the "courtesy" calls they give that try to trick you into signing up for an extortionate package of deals that are available for nothing, or next to nothing elsewhere - can't be doing with them!

I am amazed that people are still buying from IW, and even more amazed that they find something worth buying. They haven't got one presenter that I could watch/listen to for more than a few mins, the few I could watch have been moved on to craft ... which I have no interest in.

I am amazed that people are still buying from IW, and even more amazed that they find something worth buying. They haven't got one presenter that I could watch/listen to for more than a few mins, the few I could watch have been moved on to craft ... which I have no interest in.

I buy their clothes (you get a top for less than QVCs p&p) I bought my Actifry and Kenwood Kmix because they were by far the best price around, I like their Skinn beauty products, I bought my vacuum cleaner, Roast Easy I could go on, with them having one hour shows you don't get to see the majority of what's on their website. I like the kitchen shows but I'd sooner chew my own arm off than watch any of the Bid crew, or Denise. So, I suppose it's each to their own, they're still here after 18 years so they can't be managing to survive on my custom alone. :mysmilie_17:

They've given me free products and credits on my account if something is missing and goes wrong, lots of things went wrong with my first twenty years with QVC, but they didn't give a toss.

Like you say shopperholic...it is indeed each to their own.:mysmilie_59:

Well, as I said, in my case I had wanted one of those Tefal Cook4me whatsits for a while now. I have had to change my diet to try and lower my cholesterol and living alone means I don't always take the time to make nice varied meals. I have been eating chicken and fish and am bored stiff with it.

Plus I have limited mobility and dexterity. The fact I can take my time, then put the ingredients in and set it to cook for the time I want is going to seriously help me out.

And IdealWorld were a good £50-60 to anywhere else I checked online. I have a real issue with the presenters and their twisting of the facts when selling old tech etc, but on occasion they really do have some cheap stuff.

Still nothing in my inbox in reply to my email, and no one bothered answering my Tweet either. Pretty shoddy really.

Well, as I said, in my case I had wanted one of those Tefal Cook4me whatsits for a while now. I have had to change my diet to try and lower my cholesterol and living alone means I don't always take the time to make nice varied meals. I have been eating chicken and fish and am bored stiff with it.

Plus I have limited mobility and dexterity. The fact I can take my time, then put the ingredients in and set it to cook for the time I want is going to seriously help me out.

And IdealWorld were a good £50-60 to anywhere else I checked online. I have a real issue with the presenters and their twisting of the facts when selling old tech etc, but on occasion they really do have some cheap stuff.

Still nothing in my inbox in reply to my email, and no one bothered answering my Tweet either. Pretty shoddy really.

Sadly it looks as though you're going to have to wait and see, unless you want to make another phone call to double check. See what happens, hopefully the right one will be sent, if not then I guess you'll have to weigh up the options - an expensive trip to Asda to get it returned, or an expensive phone call to IW to demand that they send you a prepaid returns label - Whatever happens, you don't deserve to be out of pocket in this. If you don't end up getting the item you wanted, I'd seriously think about buying it elsewhere. Like I said I stopped buying from IW a while back. They're ok if you encounter minor problems ie with small items, but when it's something larger and combined with billing problems, they're not the best company to deal with in my experience. The fact you've not had as much as an acknowlegdement for you emails speaks volumes to me. Hope it's sorted soon!

Response to emails take 48 hours, so hopefully you should hear something soon. If you don't have an Asda nearby, when you place your order you can always but a Collect Plus returns label for £1.49, hopefully that's won't be too expensive because most places have a Collect Plus handy.

Well I finally got an email yesterday morning, and a despatch notice that my item was out for delivery, and sure enough the correct model arrived :)

Good stuff......but not so good when I went to register it on Tefals website and found that actually it has been superseded by a newer model. No doubt the newer one will cost more money, and only has marginally better features. But a little bit peeved nonetheless.

I thought maybe the right model would just turn up, which is good...however, it would've been a much better shopping experience for you if you'd been able to have that buzz you get when you've ordered something you really want at a good price...but instead all you've had is worry, stress and effort, and despite ending up with what you wanted ...it ended up with a slap in the face with a wet fish!!!! Anyway ...happy cooking, no thanks to IW!!

Latest posts

Back