Anybody ever cancelled an order before? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I cancelled by calling IW. I somehow ordered the same thing twice

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    I am amazed that people are still buying from IW, and even more amazed that they find something worth buying. They haven't got one presenter that I could watch/listen to for more than a few mins, the few I could watch have been moved on to craft ... which I have no interest in.
    I buy their clothes (you get a top for less than QVCs p&p) I bought my Actifry and Kenwood Kmix because they were by far the best price around, I like their Skinn beauty products, I bought my vacuum cleaner, Roast Easy I could go on, with them having one hour shows you don't get to see the majority of what's on their website. I like the kitchen shows but I'd sooner chew my own arm off than watch any of the Bid crew, or Denise. So, I suppose it's each to their own, they're still here after 18 years so they can't be managing to survive on my custom alone.

They've given me free products and credits on my account if something is missing and goes wrong, lots of things went wrong with my first twenty years with QVC, but they didn't give a toss.
    Likes Lemonpop, Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Like you say shopperholic...it is indeed each to their own.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as I said, in my case I had wanted one of those Tefal Cook4me whatsits for a while now. I have had to change my diet to try and lower my cholesterol and living alone means I don't always take the time to make nice varied meals. I have been eating chicken and fish and am bored stiff with it.

Plus I have limited mobility and dexterity. The fact I can take my time, then put the ingredients in and set it to cook for the time I want is going to seriously help me out.

And IdealWorld were a good 50-60 to anywhere else I checked online. I have a real issue with the presenters and their twisting of the facts when selling old tech etc, but on occasion they really do have some cheap stuff.

Still nothing in my inbox in reply to my email, and no one bothered answering my Tweet either. Pretty shoddy really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Well, as I said, in my case I had wanted one of those Tefal Cook4me whatsits for a while now. I have had to change my diet to try and lower my cholesterol and living alone means I don't always take the time to make nice varied meals. I have been eating chicken and fish and am bored stiff with it.

Plus I have limited mobility and dexterity. The fact I can take my time, then put the ingredients in and set it to cook for the time I want is going to seriously help me out.

And IdealWorld were a good 50-60 to anywhere else I checked online. I have a real issue with the presenters and their twisting of the facts when selling old tech etc, but on occasion they really do have some cheap stuff.

Still nothing in my inbox in reply to my email, and no one bothered answering my Tweet either. Pretty shoddy really.
    Sadly it looks as though you're going to have to wait and see, unless you want to make another phone call to double check. See what happens, hopefully the right one will be sent, if not then I guess you'll have to weigh up the options - an expensive trip to Asda to get it returned, or an expensive phone call to IW to demand that they send you a prepaid returns label - Whatever happens, you don't deserve to be out of pocket in this. If you don't end up getting the item you wanted, I'd seriously think about buying it elsewhere. Like I said I stopped buying from IW a while back. They're ok if you encounter minor problems ie with small items, but when it's something larger and combined with billing problems, they're not the best company to deal with in my experience. The fact you've not had as much as an acknowlegdement for you emails speaks volumes to me. Hope it's sorted soon!
    Thanks Retrovertigo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Response to emails take 48 hours, so hopefully you should hear something soon. If you don't have an Asda nearby, when you place your order you can always but a Collect Plus returns label for 1.49, hopefully that's won't be too expensive because most places have a Collect Plus handy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I finally got an email yesterday morning, and a despatch notice that my item was out for delivery, and sure enough the correct model arrived :)

Good stuff......but not so good when I went to register it on Tefals website and found that actually it has been superseded by a newer model. No doubt the newer one will cost more money, and only has marginally better features. But a little bit peeved nonetheless.
    Likes stratobuddy , Kathy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I thought maybe the right model would just turn up, which is good...however, it would've been a much better shopping experience for you if you'd been able to have that buzz you get when you've ordered something you really want at a good price...but instead all you've had is worry, stress and effort, and despite ending up with what you wanted ...it ended up with a slap in the face with a wet fish!!!! Anyway ...happy cooking, no thanks to IW!!
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post