Rino and Belle use real fur

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hippygirl

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this has been posted here before or is common knowledge but I have just discovered that this company use real fur in some of their garments.

I was out shopping today in a posh garden centre that sells lots of other stuff and noticed some items by Rino and Belle - caught my eye because there is a show on QVC later today. I looked at what I thought was a wool coat with a faux fur collar only to discover the collar was real fur (according to the label). On arriving home I googled the company and it is true - they use real fur. They seem to pride themselves on an ethical stance for humans holding to the BSCI Code of Conduct but obviously not for our furry friends.

Anyway - just wanted to inform people as I know many of you, like me, avoid buying any garments from companies such as these (ge Dennis Basso and Bob Mackie).

NB I do not know whether any of the items sold on QVC contain real fur - probably not I would think.

Last edited:
Appalling. I don't care if the stuff they peddle on the Q is real or faux the fact that they use it at all is horrendous.Thank you for telling us.

Not going to say the Q guest name in case I’m incorrect but wasn’t there a reference on their Facebook page about a post on the guests instragram page wearing fur?

Thanks for raising awareness. Incidentally, there is a video on YouTube explaining how to tell whether the pompom on hats, collar trim etc are faux or real. Apparently items in stores claiming to be faux were checked and found to be real fur.

Thanks for that Spartacus. I had read somewhere that some manufacturers use real fur because it is cheaper but pass it off as faux because they know people will object. What a crazy world we live in!

QVC is an unethical company, the majority of the beauty they sell is tested on animals be it ingredients or end product, and the likes of Basso, Julien Macdonald and the people you mentioned use real fur in their collections, right down to that awful Diamondbleek Alison and Michelle Mone who wear real fur, so nothing QVC does shocks me anymore, they have the power to change animal welfare for the better and help bring an end to animal testing but choose money instead, they disgust me if I'm honest, so I made a stand with my money and over four years ago and decided to close my QVC account and take it elsewhere.

LUSH have a campaign at the moment, How do you really know your fake fur really is?'

I don't wear fake fur or real. The trouble the other winter I had finding a coat without so-called fake fur on the hood. Took ages and I mean ages.

LUSH have a campaign at the moment, How do you really know your fake fur really is?'

I don't wear fake fur or real. The trouble the other winter I had finding a coat without so-called fake fur on the hood. Took ages and I mean ages.

I know Donna I ended up in Edinburgh Woollen Mill to get a coat without "fur" trim.

Another company whose sales in faux fur products, bankrolls it’s trade in the murder of innocent animals, to manufacture genuine fur products, just like Basso.
QVC needs to consider the ethical stance of the businesses, with which it does business, or it is in danger of compromising any morals it purports - erroneously, IMO - to have.

I recall seeing one of those programmes on tv, it may have been watchdog or similar, but I won't buy anything with fake fur on it now at all, because I just can't be sure that's exactly what it is, and I love animals so would just not take the chance.

But, we have to remember not every man or woman thinks the same way, even the ones that say they like faux because no animals were harmed - oh right, how can they be any surer than we are.

Don't go near it - then you don't take part.

Personally I wouldn't wear or buy any fur product if faux or real. Plenty of companies continue to describe faux fur products as luxury, I think referring back to the fact that real fur was marketed and considered as luxury in former times. Faux furs are often described as 'wolf', 'snow fox', 'husky' etc etc in their use in garments and throws etc - not acceptable. I just don't think that it is necessary to emulate the real product and that now we shouldn't be wearing fur in any form - not real and not faux

Latest posts

Back