Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

WIN WITH PRICE CRASH TV
    SKY CHANNEL 677

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/images/pricecrashcomp.png

Price Crash TV Sky Channel 677 have got a couple of their best selling Christmas decorations to give a way this weekend... worth over 100! An amazing outdoor climbing Santa rope light and a tinsel sleigh display.. 

No question to answer, all you have top do to enter is LIKE the Price Crash 677 page and SHARE the competition post.

A winner will be chosen at random on Monday at 10am with guaranteed delivery in time for Christmas day!.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Continuing Downward Slide of TJC

I was channel hopping the other day, and landed on TJC. I know the channel has been trying loads of different things apart from jewellery now, but even I was shocked to find Rachel shilling an old bid.tv staple: the "Sexxy Shoo" perfume with a tacky bottle in the shape of a stiletto shoe.

Like the old bid presenters, Rachel was behaving as if this was a fantastic scent being sold at an unbelievable price. Unfortunately, a quick online check showed that TJC were charging the same as everyone else:

https://www.beautybase.com/shoo-addi...hoCRqkQAvD_BwE

Is a pity to see the channel resorting to bid.tv level tat. Perhaps the time is nearly up for shopping TV now.
      Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm constantly amazed whenever I channel hop on to TJC that there are people out there prepared to pay them a few grand for some jewellery. I can't fathom how anybody would trust them with their cash. It all seems so downmarket and dodgy to me.

As for that Mark fella and his constant acting surprised at how cheap something is, and it must be a mistake....well :/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly new to TJC and have only started watching over the past couple of weeks - I enjoyed watching at first but then 'buying' team members appeared alongside presenters and other nonsense started happening. It does remind me of Bid but in a less showy way.

I'm sure I spotted a Bid.tv Makeup kit a few days ago - the quality of said product was dreadful - when it was applied though it kind of looked radioactive?

Last night my heart went out to Stacey Ellis as she was riding shot gun with Amit - I'm not entirely sure how she managed not to thump him one. Amit was constantly interrupting, rude with an aggressive selling technique - he'd be an ideal candidate for Bid.tv if it was still on-air. Stacey was much calmer and likeable to watch.
      I don't get why they need a buying team member alongside a professional presenter - if anything, the buying team detract from the buying experience!

It's only been 2 years since I last posted - I had a shopping telly break when Bid.tv went up the spout

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul_s, I'm afraid TJC have long ago joined the downward spiral that is shopping telly today. I bought quite a bit in the past, and am still wearing some watches that I bought when they did sets of watches, all different wrist straps, 4 for about 12 quid, and although I've replaced batteries, they still work OK. But today you are hard pressed to find any bargains, let alone anything worthwhile. I've bought silver chains and other gifts from them, and been pleased with them, but that was over 2 years ago, I don't like the more recent stuff or the make-up, clothing and housewares 'tat'.
      And when the buyers appeared alongside the presenter (why?), I just switched over, because they really annoyed me, talking over the presenter while the presenter stood there, looking embarrassed and like a spare part. Totally cringeworthy. Now I only switch over for a minute or two, just to see what they are flogging. The Rachel Galley stuff is the only stuff worth buying, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
      I'm fairly new to TJC and have only started watching over the past couple of weeks - I enjoyed watching at first but then 'buying' team members appeared alongside presenters and other nonsense started happening. It does remind me of Bid but in a less showy way.

I'm sure I spotted a Bid.tv Makeup kit a few days ago - the quality of said product was dreadful - when it was applied though it kind of looked radioactive?

Last night my heart went out to Stacey Ellis as she was riding shot gun with Amit - I'm not entirely sure how she managed not to thump him one. Amit was constantly interrupting, rude with an aggressive selling technique - he'd be an ideal candidate for Bid.tv if it was still on-air. Stacey was much calmer and likeable to watch.
      I don't get why they need a buying team member alongside a professional presenter - if anything, the buying team detract from the buying experience!

It's only been 2 years since I last posted - I had a shopping telly break when Bid.tv went up the spout

Post Thanks / Like

I like to watch the Rachel Galley stuff and Lucy Q............I'm amazed at how many scarves they shift, hundreds of them..... and the argan oil, with Alicia Douvall.

Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Rachel Galley things are very good, the silver quality and weight is incredible and I love her necklace pieces that come with a really solid silver chain. I wear and wear the pieces I bought years ago, so cannot vouch for the quality of the more recent stuff. I think with the scarves, you get people who do collect them - a friend of mine does, she has hundreds, I don't know how she finds room for them all,
      Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
      I like to watch the Rachel Galley stuff and Lucy Q............I'm amazed at how many scarves they shift, hundreds of them..... and the argan oil, with Alicia Douvall.
      Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased from tjc, good silver weight earrings etc. i dont really watch as such and i cannot stand it when Amit is on, for starters its going to take longer than my lifetime to get to the flipping final price, plus i dont understand anything he says, in fact i understand more Spanish than his english, plus how many people these days have the time to watch for that length of time anyway.
      Likes Mommabear liked this post