The Continuing Downward Slide of TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just came across this thread as I realised Mark hasn't been on TJC for a week and has disabled his insta account.

I only found Gems and TJC during lockdown and working from home. Obviously I am usually at work every day so never watched these channels before. I was fed up with the news of the pandemic and during work also got fed up watching stupid afternoon films, hence I found shopping channels.

Had no idea many of these channels had the same presenters over the years, Mark has mentioned Ellis and others follow each other on social media. Gems comes across as better more affordable jewellery in within a few months I had made many purchases. TJC on the other hand have more outrageously expensive pieces with the odd Rachel Galley and Lucy Q in between, which I have also purchased.

The one thing TJC do well, is skincare and I have tried many of their products which are much more affordable than high street or department store prices. They do offer some tat as regards clothing and homeware items, which Gems do better but I find it strange Mark and Rachel went from Gems to TJC and that Stacey went from Rocks & Co also to TJC. I understand more Ellis going from TJC to Gems but that's another story.

Does anyone else think it strange to move from Gems to TJC? I also agree with you all as regards the duo presentesr. Makes viewers think the main presenter is incapable of carrying a four hour show on their own.

(I miss Laura the most but following her on insta I knew why she couldn't pass up on following her career and relocating. She was the most honest and came across as really genuine. I remember Carmel on QVC, she is pleasant and does get dumped with items Chloe would never showcase, which makes me wonder why Chloe is even on tv. I don't thinik her face fits that channel.)

After about 6 months of lockdown I did return to work a few days a week and was glad of the break. Both channels become very repetitive, TJC have poor customer service but Gems seem to be miles ahead in that field. They are similar but do some things differently with Mark always getting a dig in somewhere about every other shopping channel. I first shopped with QVC over 10 years ago and still think they are the most professional even though I think they need to get rid of the 4 over bearing and up themselves presenters...really time they moved on or retired.

So there you go, that's how I am now a jewellery connoisseur and a skin care junkie.
You made an interesting remark about Mark, Gee4. It has been ages since I last saw him. I assumed he was on holidays. However, the fact that he disabled his instagram account is strange.... Does anyone know if he is still with TJC and simply taking some time off?

You made an interesting remark about Mark, Gee4. It has been ages since I last saw him. I assumed he was on holidays. However, the fact that he disabled his instagram account is strange.... Does anyone know if he is still with TJC and simply taking some time off?
He's activated his account again and posted about the Eurovision. He was talking about going to the Turkizite mine but not sure if he did. He seems to deactivate his social media now and again.

Most of the presenters are Sub Contractors and will go to whoever offers the best package. I remember when Ellis was on Ideal World, she vanished over a problem with her new contract. As if by magic she appeared at TJC, all mention of Queen of The Beanie Babies gone. Not long after she decamped to Gems TV, so I’m presuming she was offered a better contract. It’s like any industry, companies poach staff all the time. I think all the channels would love to be QVC, with all its faults, it is still the most professional. Gemporia have gorgeous ads, some beautiful pieces and collections, but some of the presenters are unwatchable, and they are certainly sailing close to the wind with some of their claims. TJC has descended into farce, it doesn’t know what it wants to be, unbranded electronics, unknown beauty brands, cheap clothing and the same uninspired jewellery. And the train wreck of presenters and buyers talking over each other, a guaranteed turn off for me.
Spot on there. Couldn't agree more. I just wish they would take advice from customers on how to do some things better. Some of the oersonalities wouldn't last 5 mins ar QVC.

What a breath of fresh air it is to see Natalia and Marianne present on tjc beauty. It’s like I am part of their friendship when watching. I get bored easily when watching presenters waffle on after a good 10 minutes, but I can watch these two for hours. Excited to see the new launch from opatra tomorrow as Marianne has mentioned it on her Instagram. Loving the lashile gummies, I’ve actually lost 2 stone since using them! Has anybody else tried them?

What a breath of fresh air it is to see Natalia and Marianne present on tjc beauty. It’s like I am part of their friendship when watching. I get bored easily when watching presenters waffle on after a good 10 minutes, but I can watch these two for hours. Excited to see the new launch from opatra tomorrow as Marianne has mentioned it on her Instagram. Loving the lashile gummies, I’ve actually lost 2 stone since using them! Has anybody else tried them?
I agree love their friendship. My glow mask has arrived so tried it out for the first time this morning. Wasn’t convinced with the brow device. Keep looking at those gummies and again wondering if they work. Didn’t quite enjoy the duo this morning on TJC beauty.

I agree love their friendship. My glow mask has arrived so tried it out for the first time this morning. Wasn’t convinced with the brow device. Keep looking at those gummies and again wondering if they work. Didn’t quite enjoy the duo this morning on TJC beauty.
I totally agree in regards to todays presenters. I won’t be tuning in tomorrow either, as it’s the same presenters!!!

I bought the brow device, I will let you know how I get on. Marianne showed a before and after on her brows on her Instagram, and you can definitely see a difference. Hope it works for me!

I totally agree in regards to todays presenters. I won’t be tuning in tomorrow either, as it’s the same presenters!!!

I bought the brow device, I will let you know how I get on. Marianne showed a before and after on her brows on her Instagram, and you can definitely see a difference. Hope it works for me!
Look forward to your feedback. I have skinny brows and it’s an area I pay less attention to, although I have now started to use a brow pencil. I was on my way to work so the joys of wifi kept cutting out. How long before you saw a result using the glow mask? Like many I’m very critical of my skin. To be honest Marianne looks so young to me and doesn’t look like she needs help. Ooh btw any thoughts on what she does to her lips? Would like mine a bit plumper but not huge if that makes sense.

Look forward to your feedback. I have skinny brows and it’s an area I pay less attention to, although I have now started to use a brow pencil. I was on my way to work so the joys of wifi kept cutting out. How long before you saw a result using the glow mask? Like many I’m very critical of my skin. To be honest Marianne looks so young to me and doesn’t look like she needs help. Ooh btw any thoughts on what she does to her lips? Would like mine a bit plumper but not huge if that makes sense.

I haven’t tried skinny brow, but I will start using the brow product from opatra and let u know. The glow mask started working after 2 weeks for me. I have a lot of wrinkles and sun damage, it has definitely made a difference. I’m not sure if u follow her on Instagram, but she said she’s mid 30s, and she literally does not have one wrinkle 😩 I think her lips are natural, but she always says she uses the synergy eye to help plump them up more xxx

I haven’t tried skinny brow, but I will start using the brow product from opatra and let u know. The glow mask started working after 2 weeks for me. I have a lot of wrinkles and sun damage, it has definitely made a difference. I’m not sure if u follow her on Instagram, but she said she’s mid 30s, and she literally does not have one wrinkle 😩 I think her lips are natural, but she always says she uses the synergy eye to help plump them up more xxx
Brilliant thank you. I watched this morning and brow product was on…..ummmm it’s been purchased after watching the demo with Marianne. They sold a lot this morning and are hoping to get more in tomorrow I did not know it had other uses as well which sounded very impressive. She was brilliant coping with Chloe and Peter. Thought she was younger than that her skin is flawless. She is very likeable too xx

Brilliant thank you. I watched this morning and brow product was on…..ummmm it’s been purchased after watching the demo with Marianne. They sold a lot this morning and are hoping to get more in tomorrow I did not know it had other uses as well which sounded very impressive. She was brilliant coping with Chloe and Peter. Thought she was younger than that her skin is flawless. She is very likeable too xx

Oh god did you watch when Chloe told Peter to shush? He wasn’t impressed.

Marianne did very well handling them both, as Chloe loves to talk over everyone but she let Marianne work her magic as always. Can’t wait to get my brow device!

Oh god did you watch when Chloe told Peter to shush? He wasn’t impressed.

Marianne did very well handling them both, as Chloe loves to talk over everyone but she let Marianne work her magic as always. Can’t wait to get my brow device!
Yes he mentioned it several times. I felt for Peter. It seemed pointless him being there as Chloe kept talking over him, even Marianne mentioned it. Me too…..l have sparse eyebrows! I’m getting into these gadgets more now. I’ve made a note to see how I look in a months time. Must persevere though.

Yes he mentioned it several times. I felt for Peter. It seemed pointless him being there as Chloe kept talking over him, even Marianne mentioned it. Me too…..l have sparse eyebrows! I’m getting into these gadgets more now. I’ve made a note to see how I look in a months time. Must persevere though.

I felt for him too! Chloe said Marianne will be joining her and Peter this morning again, but according to Marianne on her Instagram, she is joining Natalia. So I will definitely be watching Natalia and Marianne! And they are doing a show on summer skin, which would be interesting.

To be quite frank, the Chloe Peter dynamic doesn’t really work for me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Adored Mariannes comment today to the host. “It’s ok for you, you only have yourself to look after, no child, no husband”
Love Marianne!

She is spot on! Tjc beauty isn’t the same without her. The others bore me
I don’t enjoy the others as Much. They are not as watchable, but also I find some of them patronising and untrustworthy, Natalie said they are not allowed injectales!!! Well that’s clearly not true, her lips for one!! It’s fine to do injectables, please just don’t lie. so I lost faith, also I don’t need to hear how old she is each and every show, the self adulation is sickening. Is a show for us to learn and buy or to boost her ego and give her a platform to highlight how much she thinks of herself? Marianne is naturally engaging and, there for us, there to impart info and she does that extremely well. Oh and doesn’t tell us how amazing she is every 4 seconds.

I don’t enjoy the others as Much. They are not as watchable, but also I find some of them patronising and untrustworthy, Natalie said they are not allowed injectales!!! Well that’s clearly not true, her lips for one!! It’s fine to do injectables, please just don’t lie. so I lost faith, also I don’t need to hear how old she is each and every show, the self adulation is sickening. Is a show for us to learn and buy or to boost her ego and give her a platform to highlight how much she thinks of herself? Marianne is naturally engaging and, there for us, there to impart info and she does that extremely well. Oh and doesn’t tell us how amazing she is every 4 seconds.

I agree. Finally someone who thinks like me 😂
I also message Marianne a lot on Instagram and she always reply’s the same day, never fails to help me and always asks how I am. Which I think is lovely!

I agree. Finally someone who thinks like me 😂
I also message Marianne a lot on Instagram and she always reply’s the same day, never fails to help me and always asks how I am. Which I think is lovely!
At one point TJC put her on a lot, so I thought I must be the only one. I too am glad I’m not the only one. Part of me feels sorry for her, she needs it… she flirts tirelessly in a cringeworthy way with “the guys in the gallery” and continually tells us “she is being naughty” I have not seen anything like it. I leave now until there is something I think I may actually need or watch Marianne but when she is on with other presenters. It’s a shame, but I still get my TJC fix when others are on. I love that Marianne is like that on Instagram, shows she is genuine!

Hello, everyone. What do you all think of the under 20/ 10 pounds days? I think in theory it's a great idea, but some of the custom jewellery they were selling was just ugly beyond words. They were selling some beauty products, which were interesting, though. And what's up with all the chains? Today is an under 20 pounds Monday and it seems that all Chris has done is selling chains!

Latest posts

Back