Rio Professional Microfibre Cosmetic Brushes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have any experience of this type of make-up brush or this particular make? Or can you recommend a (better) brand or type of bristle? I've had a scan on the internet and Rio seems to be highly rated, as it is on the QVC website for these items. I would welcome the views of my trusted fellow forum members though.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Rio-10-Piece-P...-Brush-Collection.product.401797.html?sc=PSCH

http://www.qvcuk.com/Rio-5-Piece-Pr...-Collection-&-Bag.product.402049.html?sc=PSCH

The second, smaller set above is cheaper on Amazon, though without the accompanying bag (which I wouldn't need). As I say, I'm just after thoughts as I have only ever used "standard" make-up brushes, mainly from Real Techniques.

I was wondering the same; the 10 piece set looks better value than the five piece "Big Deal" set. Is this shape just a flash in the pan?

I was wondering the same; the 10 piece set looks better value than the five piece "Big Deal" set. Is this shape just a flash in the pan?

Ah, I thought you would be one of the ones with advice, Akimbo, especially with your also knowledgeable daughter. Yes, the 10 piece set is not too bad a price - some sets of 10 out there are more than twice as much but, as I say, I don't know what makes are best.

I have wondered about them being a flash in the pan, too, but they have probably been around for a year and a half to two years? I went to a massive outdoor market last year and all the beauty stalls seemed to have piles of them (probably cheapo/cr4p though). Boots and Superdrug don't seem to stock that many of them at the moment so I wonder if the novelty wore off and now only certain brands offer them.

Still tempted to give them a go though.

DD doesn't seem to use them so I just asked - she thinks a big one might be good for buffing and possibly a small one for eye-shadow crease-line (windscreen-wiper action). She's talked me out of it (plus she knows we each have a box of "brushes waiting for a thorough clean" so shouldn't buy more! But if you buy to try let me know what you think.

I own a two of the Artis they are the original brand, the others are just copies. Foundation does go on flawless and the concealer one as well. The big sets contain brushes you just will not use, there for a waste of money. The face ones are fine but the shade of the eyeshadow etc are awkward to use if used to a straight normal style brush.

But then I go back to my Beauty Blender.

DD doesn't seem to use them so I just asked - she thinks a big one might be good for buffing and possibly a small one for eye-shadow crease-line (windscreen-wiper action). She's talked me out of it (plus she knows we each have a box of "brushes waiting for a thorough clean" so shouldn't buy more! But if you buy to try let me know what you think.

Glad I'm not the only one with that box of shame!

Thanks for this. I'm starting to put myself off buying too.

I own a two of the Artis they are the original brand, the others are just copies. Foundation does go on flawless and the concealer one as well. The big sets contain brushes you just will not use, there for a waste of money. The face ones are fine but the shade of the eyeshadow etc are awkward to use if used to a straight normal style brush.

But then I go back to my Beauty Blender.

Very useful, thanks, Donna. You are right about the big sets of course - I should not just look at "value" and cost per brush, as I bet I would only use the 3 or 4 you mention. I'll give it a bit more thought. I do want to try the "toothbrush" style but maybe I'll seek out a much smaller selection.

I also own 3 Artis brushes,Real Techniques have some similar but only available in America at the moment.

I'm with Donna I was given a W7 set for Christmas last year and the only ones I can use are the large face blending brushes.

I bought an extra large one from eBay for a few quid as they do blend foundation well. I also bought a Cailyn knock-off cheek/contour brush for £1.50 at the same time - and love it! No more slightly wonky blush for me.

Try one or two from eBay or if you have any beauty outlet stores near you, have a look if they sell them singly. Mine breaks up the W7 sets and sells individually but you'll still get them cheaper from eBay.

I'm with Donna I was given a W7 set for Christmas last year and the only ones I can use are the large face blending brushes.

I bought an extra large one from eBay for a few quid as they do blend foundation well. I also bought a Cailyn knock-off cheek/contour brush for £1.50 at the same time - and love it! No more slightly wonky blush for me.

Try one or two from eBay or if you have any beauty outlet stores near you, have a look if they sell them singly. Mine breaks up the W7 sets and sells individually but you'll still get them cheaper from eBay.

Wise advice, I think! I shall carry on looking around. I'm just wondering if my TK Maxx will have a bit of a selection so I'll pop over tomorrow. I couldn't go today as I've been stuck in waiting for a couple of deliveries, neither of which arrived. The rare QVC one, a Cozee Home set, despite apparently being with the local courier yesterday (they subsequently changed the tracking, thinking I wouldn't notice it had been with them so long!), suddenly was marked "Held, large item" and is back at the depot. No Xmas tip for Hermes this year - I've always been very generous but they've been atrocious lately. Sorry to digress so wildly! Needed a bit of a rant there.

:mysmilie_15: Well, QVC showcase some of what's out there............then we run off and buy it cheaper elsewhere. :mysmilie_3:

:mysmilie_502:

Unlike on Facebook where some of them appear to see what's out there and then run to QVC to pay whatever!

Wise advice, I think! I shall carry on looking around. I'm just wondering if my TK Maxx will have a bit of a selection so I'll pop over tomorrow. I couldn't go today as I've been stuck in waiting for a couple of deliveries, neither of which arrived. The rare QVC one, a Cozee Home set, despite apparently being with the local courier yesterday (they subsequently changed the tracking, thinking I wouldn't notice it had been with them so long!), suddenly was marked "Held, large item" and is back at the depot. No Xmas tip for Hermes this year - I've always been very generous but they've been atrocious lately. Sorry to digress so wildly! Needed a bit of a rant there.

TK Maxx had the W7 brush sets for £12.99 last time I was there.

Latest posts

Back