Jilly Halliday on Diamonique show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What a breath of fresh air! It was nice to have a presenter just talking calmly without all the hard sell. I really appreciated this and wish QVC could bring all the other presenters into line with Ms Halliday. She touted the bits of cubic zirconia set in gold and silver without shrieking or perpetually reminding us how many people had literally just jumped to their telephones.

How I wish QVC would book Jilly to launch the beauty TSVs rather than Franks. When I worked in fraud the liars always over elaborate - listen to Jill Franks wittering on about how "a friend got her to try the Doll10 powder" and visualise that Pinocchio nose growing! Next time she's on with Mally (saints protect my ears!) she's never allowed powder near her face EVER!

Jilly does rely on sound bites: "superb" "right the way through" "bran bran new" but the rest of the time she'll allow a guest to speak and ask reasonable questions. All the old-school presenters did this, even Debbie Flint (first time around). I wish QVC had brought back Dean Wilson, Dave Bradford, Julian, Rob Locke etc- or at least returned to that more relaxed style of presenting.

Jilly should change to saying "Bland bland new!" and see whether anyone notices!

When I have to give my address over the phone I always say "West Sausage" - started when my kids were very little (when more mail order was phone based) because it made them laugh. The sales person on the phone never noticed; they hear what they expect to "West Sussex"

I really like watching Jill and find her very natural and easy to understand. I don't seem to see her much these days!

Blandness personified.

I don't know about that. I think she has a more easygoing approach and doesn't always try to dominate with her own agenda. for example the guest Amanda spoke about the importance of having pierced ears / wearing hoops etc. JH doesn't have or believe in ear piercing. Yes she's mentioned it before but she doesn't keep harping on about it or trying to force the issue. She just let the guest speak - and this was probably the right thing to do. Had Jill Franks been presenting and held the same opinions she would have jumped in with a sentence starting with "I." "I love pierced ears" etc etc (even if she didn't) whereas Jilly would not do that because she's not that egotistical to think everything pivots around her.

Blandness personified.

I agree, because she's a more "likeable" presenter, and she's not as aggressive in her presenting, her hardsell goes unnoticed, but it is there, she "likes" and "loves" everything too, it's said more passive but it is there along with "I really didn't think I was going to like it but.........." low and behold, she likes it! :mysmilie_3: We don't all like the same obviously but yes, she could bore a glass eye to sleep.

It is Chuntley's dull voice and boring presenting that can send me to sleep...not that she has the ability to present with natural dialogue...which is the reason she spends so much time reading reviews or quoting from other presenters. Usually I turn off when she is on, unless it's a show I could be interested in...but somehow I wake up at the finish!!

Jilly is definitely better than most....she is always pleasant and allows the guest to speak. Last night Jill F. never shut up about herself on the Doll 10 launch. All lies, too.

Think she only does part-time these days, very rarely the midnight shows. Jilly's catchphrase, 'this is going really really really quickly.' She has said it for years.

i was never a fan of jilly halliday found her bland but i have to agree she does have a calm relaxed manner. she's ok to watch. polar oppsite to debbie flint's "GET YOURS NOW" appoach

I prefer Jilly to many of the other presenters although (me included) have very much criticized her fashion choices in the past ( or her refusal to wear outfits).JF in her yet another TSV presentation was her usual 'can't live without'/ oh my goodness' self!Most others have equally unwatchable traits.Julia who I do like & find the most professional looks very tired today, hope she is OK.

I started watching Q 23 years ago, doing night feeds with my children. It was calm and unobtrusive and I could switch straight off and go back to sleep, the TV equivalent of elevator muzak. In fact after midnight it was just still shots of products with background music after the TSV launch ended at 2am.

I wouldn't get the same soporific effect these days with Debbie Flint and Jill Franks...but then that's why QVC uses them.

I thought it was funny when on the show Jilly was demonstrating a ring that wasn't going to be delivered in time for Christmas. She suggested perhaps putting a note on the christmas tree, that there would be a big surprise waiting. Just hope intended receipients aren't expecting a real diamond ring ....

I thought it was funny when on the show Jilly was demonstrating a ring that wasn't going to be delivered in time for Christmas. She suggested perhaps putting a note on the christmas tree, that there would be a big surprise waiting. Just hope intended receipients aren't expecting a real diamond ring ....

"Cubic zirconia's gonna be a little late. Sorry about that! Merry Xmas!"

I prefer Jilly to many of the other presenters although (me included) have very much criticized her fashion choices in the past ( or her refusal to wear outfits).JF in her yet another TSV presentation was her usual 'can't live without'/ oh my goodness' self!Most others have equally unwatchable traits.Julia who I do like & find the most professional looks very tired today, hope she is OK.

She does, especially around her eyes, I also hope she's alright. I know that she's having a break from her medication & has had tummy problems recently.

I have always thought, indeed said on here, that I believe Jill to be the most un- up- herself presenter along with Anne Dawson that QVC have - the rest think they are big time. Jilly has never changed, I remember watching her first time on air before the engagement to her husband, through the engagement and marriage - and she is the same lass now as she was then - wish she was on more often.

I have always thought, indeed said on here, that I believe Jill to be the most un- up- herself presenter along with Anne Dawson that QVC have - the rest think they are big time. Jilly has never changed, I remember watching her first time on air before the engagement to her husband, through the engagement and marriage - and she is the same lass now as she was then - wish she was on more often.

I'm sure wedding was featured in a glossy celeb magazine. I quite like her approach. Of course she has her verbal tics and funny little was, as do we all, but she falls far lower on the irritation scale than Deb Flint or Jill Franks.

Latest posts

Back