The Speakmans - A Positive Life TSV 03/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of the reviews 'Received this as a gift':mysmilie_17: Sorry but if I received this as a gift I would hit them around the chops with it. How rude:thinking:

There are a few more reviews now (15 - only 3 when I looked earlier in the week). The average rating is 2.6 out of 5 stars.

There are three 5 star reviews but isn't it a bit early to give it top marks when they cannot possibly know whether it will change their lives in the way the Speakbollocks claim? One does say it has been the "catalyst" to start transforming her life already, which is fair enough and good luck to her. But then every time in the past when I've started a healthy eating regime, say, I've been full of enthusiasm at the start too and told myself this is the new, transformed me - doesn't mean I'll keep it up.

I suppose you could say the bad reviews are premature as well but from what the reviews say, you only have to see the flimsy book and watch the DVD once to know it's almost definitely going to be a waste of money.

Having said all that, I honestly do wish anyone who went for the TSV the best. Not for me but we're all different.

I'm waiting for the review which says they needed to turn their life around because they were spending too much and getting into debt, and the TSV has cured them of their desire to shop on QVC.

Yes, the Speakdims must be clichéing all the way to the bank, lets hope they don't bump in to any bad people on the way there with all that loot.........oh wait, sorry, my mistake, they'll be fine there aren't any bad people.

Yes, the Speakdims must be clichéing all the way to the bank, lets hope they don't bump in to any bad people on the way there with all that loot.........oh wait, sorry, my mistake, they'll be fine there aren't any bad people.

Is that what they said, "there aren't any bad people"? (I didn't get chance to watch any shows.)

Is that what they said, "there aren't any bad people"? (I didn't get chance to watch any shows.)

I caught a bit of the morning repeat Andi just in time to see that "Key 10" states, and I quote "there are no bad people" oh yes Andi, I kid yee not.

I don't have any sympathy for those who bought this twaddle & are now disappointed or feel cheated because there were sufficient airings during the day to allow customers to see what it was they were buying.

I don't have any sympathy for those who bought this twaddle & are now disappointed or feel cheated because there were sufficient airings during the day to allow customers to see what it was they were buying.

I'm not sure they need or want your sympathy, Twilight, or your compassion - if you had any. Besides, they've always got the good old QVC 30-day money-back guarantee to fall back on. Let's hope they avail themselves of this and claw back some of their money.

As far as the Speakmans and their snake oil are concerned, I'm probably more cynical and scathing towards it than most, but I would never want to mock people for attempting to take some positive steps in their life - however misguided those steps may be (unless they harm or negatively affect others).

Not everyone has your, mine and other people's astuteness. People sometimes look in the wrong places for comfort in their lives rather than face up to things in the way they perhaps ought to. It's the same with all the miracle face creams. People are literally buying "hope in a jar" (note the lack of capitalisation) - whatever brand they are buying.

To everyone out there who bought this (in my view) Speakmans claptrap - I hope it helps you. If it doesn't, simply return it for a QVC "no-quibble" refund.

Belated Happy New Year to everyone!!! :)

There are now 37 reviews of the Speakmans TSV on the Q website and the average has gone down to 2 out of 5 stars. The most recent seven reviews are a single star only and are really damning - I'm actually surprised Q have not taken them down (not because I think they're offensive - they're not - but because it must be hugely embarrassing!). I love the review that's currently at the top: "The only inspiration from the book and video was to send it back"!

There are now 37 reviews of the Speakmans TSV on the Q website and the average has gone down to 2 out of 5 stars. The most recent seven reviews are a single star only and are really damning - I'm actually surprised Q have not taken them down (not because I think they're offensive - they're not - but because it must be hugely embarrassing!). I love the review that's currently at the top: "The only inspiration from the book and video was to send it back"!

I had to go have a look at the reviews
Bravo to the review "The only inspiration from the book and video was to send it back"
Another review that gave me the giggles ( thank you to the reviewer for insight of goods) was ...... wait for it.....
". I didn’t see why they mentioned Elvis and Mary Berry in the dvd "
Elvis ????? Come on , is he alive? ...

I liked this review on the current page 4 (the very first page when the reviews started)

" The only people benefiting from the content of this material are the Speakmans. The clue lies in the disclaimer “For entertainment purposes only”. Nothing entertaining about this. "

Oh dear, not good reviews are they, but probably what the vast majority of us here expected. I wonder if they will be invited back and what QVC will do with all the returns?

How do Q returns actually work, for those items they can't send out as new (if such a concept exists) do they take on 100% of the risk for any returns in exchange for lower prices, or is some of the item cost absorbed by the brand? Just curious...

It was thought that the vendor absorbed the returns but if this was the case why would Q bother to get customers backs up by sending out used returns.

Also why would they need outlet stores if the vendors had to sort it out?

The vendors do stand the cost of returned items but recouping a couple of quid through the Q outlets at Shrewsbury or Warrington would probably seem a fair compromise to most vendors. I bet these book and DVDs will be stacked high at the outlets in a few weeks!

i always thought that qvc bought the stock in its totality thats why they have warehouse years later. and they have the outlet shops to sell off any used or returned items

Latest posts

Back