The Speakmans - A Positive Life TSV 03/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Speakmans The Key to Upgrading Your Life Book & DVD
Item Number: 402096
QVC Price £24.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £2.95

Created by Nik and Eva Speakman, discover The Key - a book and DVD collection created to help you learn the fundamental steps to enjoying a more positive and fulfilling outlook and lifestyle. Offering over 20 years of expertise as therapists, The Speakmans bring you a comprehensive guide to help you discover your potential, and live your life to the full.

Meet The Speakmans - known throughout the UK as resident phobia and anxiety disorder experts on TV's This Morning, Nik and Eva have been practising their therapies for over 20 years, and have helped countless people (including some of your favourite celebrities) address and conquer long-standing fears.

Your everyday companion - featuring 12 steps, The Key is a comprehensive guide to help train you to think differently about your life and behaviours. Whether you read the book cover to cover or dip in and out when you're looking for inspiration and motivation, it's there to keep you feeling positive.

Just for QVC customers - the DVD available in this collection is currently only available at QVC, meaning you can discover even more insights and expertise from this inspirational couple.

Book:

Paperback
144 pages
Originally published in 2017
Copyright 2017

DVD:

Runtime: 1 hour, 13 minutes

What's in the box?

1 x The Key book
1 x The Key DVD

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.402096

For people who feel they want to take the self help route then I'm sure libraries, online support groups and even You Tube would have similar information for free. Personally I wouldn't take anybody seriously whose flogging this kind of stuff on selly telly and years ago they'd be standing on a street corner with a suitcase full of bottles and insisting their coloured water would cure anything from impotence to toothache. Such selly telly psycho babble quackery doesn't cut it for me.

There's loads of this stuff free to read online and audio/video clips on YouTube. This is overpriced given Paul McKenna usually does a book and CD/DVD at this time of year which you can pick up in the supermarkets for around £7.00.

The camera zoned in on the table of contents and Key 6 - It's Never To Late says it all!

This sort of exploitation really annoys me, it's also irresponsible if people who have mental health issues think it's going to be the answer to all their problems. QVC really do have no shame.

It made me laugh at the beginning of the show when the female Speakmans was talking about remembering the keys unconsciously errr I think she meant subconsciously.

Ye Gods! Never heard of these shysters before so started to watch the 45min(!) TSV replay. My ears were bleeding after 2:36. Makes my blood boil.

But one thing that stood out - that sofa that they were sat on was utter crap! See the way that low grade cushion couldn't handle the weight of the male shyster?!

Last edited:
They look all happy crappy, as if they've just won the Eurovision Song Contest circa 1980. I hope people take this with a pinch of salt because only professionals can give you the help you need, the help these two offer are more like riddles than anything, things that if you seriously think about it, they're telling you what you already know, you don't need to spend £23 for some one else to remind you of it. But, as we all know, the shock of anything being a £23 TSV alone will get this one shifted off the shelves.

Mainly on the QVC Facebook page outrage at QVC going down this route. A few happy clappers saying the Speakmans have helped so many people, one said yes if you have £3000+ to pay them. Also, all those things they do on This Morning where I think most people seem to know them from is done free as publicity for them.

Now let us not forgive Paul McKenna who used to sell his stuff on QVC years back. I Can Help You Stop Smoking, I Can Help You Lose Weight. No hypnosis involved. Seems Paul is now a multi-millionaire living in the US(think he is?), all from these doing seminars etc.

Having just watched for a few minutes I've decided to release my own "key points"........

1.........The Speakmans Key 10 "there are no bad people in the world" .......... I beg to differ.
2.........The Speakmans use their sick relatives to make money
And the all important....
3.........what a complete and utter load of old bollocks.

As a qualified counsellor/psychotherapist I was interested in what they had to say so I watched the entire launch show (this morning having recorded it). I am sure they do help some people and I could recognise certain theoretical/psychological principles in what they say. However, they talk about their schema conditioning therapy which I can only assume (I don't intend to buy the TSV) is based on Jeffrey Young's Schema Therapy - a well-recognised mode of therapy. However, whilst Young's Schema Therapy is very helpful it is aimed at people with very long-term problems usually originating in childhood but does require frequent and long-tern therapy.

People often ask me to recommend a therapist and I always tell people to check for qualifications and accreditation. As far as I can tell the Speakmans' qualifications are minimal - a diploma of unknown title/subject (unfortunately in the UK anyone can call themselves a counsellor/psychotherapist even if they have only done a day course) and they are not accredited with any well-known national body. Therefore I would not recommend them although from what I can tell they fall more into the life coach bracket than psychotherapist (although they call themselves this).

A wise former colleague of mine once said that often the well-known and 'successful' counsellors and psychotherapists are good at business and not necessarily good at therapy! I wonder if this applies to the Speakmans.

If anyone here has bought the TSV I hope it helps.

I've watched a few minutes, they've just displayed the list of keys, and "It's never to late" has a glaring spelling error, it should be TOO.

And I don't think it is just an accidental typo, I think it shows ignorance and a complete lack of professionalism, reminiscent of the MOVARIAN attitude methinks!

Found them weirdly fascinating on the launch show (and Jilly was actually a pretty good choice as she just let them speak rather than muscling in with her own "expertise"). They are a quite a bizarre couple and I felt like David Attenborough observing the great hairy-backed gorillas for the first time. Anthropolgical gold! Psychological banality! Nothing original whatsoever, of course, but I'm sure this regurgitated self-improvement stuff works for a few personality types. I'm not their target audience....

catherine is on now...she will lose two stone get back to a size 12 and then say it was the speakmanns that did it

I caught a bit of the morning repeat were Mrs Speakman says that she had a goal, and lo and behold here she is, bragging about what she's got so if that's a goal, mission accomplished. I also found it despicable when they mentioned about the cancer patient and she wanted two children, a boy and a girl, and yep, a boy and girl is what she's got. So, apparently not only can this made for QVC booklet (and we all know how crap "made for QVC" items are) cure life threatening illnesses, it can also give you the desired sex of the child/children you want. I personally find it insulting to people who are fighting cancer or trying for a baby. I also think they should change their name to "The Cliches" because they're one big ball of them, oh and if anyone can pass on to Mrs Speakman that she's actually stolen the "oxygen mask" scenario that I heard about absolutely years ago, that'd be great. :mysmilie_3:

I would buy the item and give it a try however I don't have particular issues with my wellbeing / self-esteem therefore I would have no way of really assessing its personal impact on me. I did suffer with what I thought be depression and it turned out to be a vitamin B12 deficiency. This last Christmas was the first one in years where I did not approach it with dread. If anything I actually looked forward to it!

It's very easy to be scornful of things without truly understanding them. I am often very guilty of this. If people get something from this Speakman thing, good for them. I do remain sceptical, however, and I can't say I warmed to that couple.

Latest posts

Back