QVC Missing A Big Sales Op

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
For years every winter QVC sold the snow/ice grips or crampons. A woman used to come stand on a block of ice and not slip off. They have a few pair in Clearance but hey really missed a chance for sales.

I did buy a pair over 7 years back, as I have small feet the normal ones they sold starting at size 4 no good for me. They did sell ones with spikes and they do fit. I dug mine out this week and tramping along with confidence.

Actually bought another pair but from eBay for £5.99 free P&P.

It was such a staple, showing daily during Autumn and Winter. We have a couple of pairs and well-worth having as an insurance against falls if it gets icy. We haven't had proper snow for a while; it's raining ready-made slush at the moment. I'd expect they'd shift a fair few at the first whiff of snow and ice.

i have two one pair i bought many years ago from qvc the second set 99p from Homebase

I gave a set to my OH's parents a few years ago as I thought they'd be handy. They've never used them and both have had sprains and breaks from falling on ice.

I suspect that if his sisters had given them, they'd have been used - saving us all time and fuel hanging around A&E.

Yes I have those spike ones, bought from Q years ago. They do really work, and can walk normally as everyone else is sliding along hanging on to walls and fences.

I bought them years ago but didn't try them. I wanted to get to the shops when driving conditions were difficult but realised I would have to take them off in each shop because of the spikes and couldn't be bothered.

We have several pairs of different styles. Spikes, springy things, pull on and the best were the Velcro ones which are easier to get on and off. Keep a pair at work, a pair in the boot and a pair at home.

Although I had them in my bag last week I managed ok as I didn’t walk too far but inthe past I used them to walk several miles when I was snowed in.

I love those things. As someone said earlier, we haven't had the snow the past few years but I'd have been digging mine out yesterday if I'd had to go out. I bought a few pairs from Q when they had Buy More Save More, I believe, to give as gifts but I'm not sure the people who received them ever wore them, the ungrateful s0ds.

Just thinking, I hope mine haven't perished - anyone had any experience of them perishing and snapping?

I got a few pairs of these too and one did get a bit battered, starting to lose its elasticity after a hard Winter. After I had amassed my collection and bought some Nordic poles we never had much snow in London so money well spent IMHO. Luckily we didnt get the promised ice today so I didnt have to hunt for them.

They were a very good buy but I haven't need them for several years now. I'll dig them out if this weather continues. I did see them in a 'dreaded high street' store this week, in the 'gifts for men' section - £10.00 a pair!

Latest posts

Back