Hairdryer overload

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
It seems that every time I tune in they are trying to flog that eye wateringly expensive Dyson and today there's yet another hairdryer - a tsv at the bargain price of £99. Sooo boring.

QVC never do things by halves, the past few weeks we have been bombarded with beauty tsv's. I expect when they are finished with christmas, we will have all the various clearance sales.

I, too, am getting a bit fed up of seeing the Dyson hairdryer, but in QVC's defence, yesterday's TSV by Bayliss was a hair styling product, rather than a hair dryer.

The Dyson hair dryer is going to rival the No! No! for the most repetitive and boring product. The fact that they are constantly advertising it and are devoting one hour shows to it suggests that they've either bought in too much stock or customers are fed up with it and the related hype.

It's a hair dryer and yet they suggest that it's something we cannot live without. It might be good but the one I have does a good job and cost £10. I could afford to buy the Dyson but prefer to spend my money on something better.

Talking hair styling Lidl has a range of hair gadgets on Dec 21st I might have a look at the rotating brush as a back up for me Rowenta on (like the Babyliss Big Hair). Can't grumble at £17.99 (Info here) If it's any good I won't let the Paris Hilton branding put me off.

Has anyone on here bought the Dyson, I am wondering if it is any good for frizzy hair? The reviews seem quite good. I may be tempted for a OTO price of £99 on 4 EZ pay:mysmilie_50:

Has anyone on here bought the Dyson, I am wondering if it is any good for frizzy hair? The reviews seem quite good. I may be tempted for a OTO price of £99 on 4 EZ pay:mysmilie_50:

buy it and try it on easy pay if you think its worth £300 keep it. if not return it.

It's the only plus-point to buying from QVC; being able to return it if it isn't worth £300. I mentioned the other day that they should ask Rose (Yankee Candles) to model for the Dyson hair dryer. She'd give a more believable demo than the models who's had their hair back-combed a bit to look unruly, or brushed flat to their scalps to show instant glossy volume!

They do themselves a massive disservice when in the before pictures the women's hair is made visibly more messy, also, when someone is drying their hair on air live, it's a lot quicker to dry your hair anyway when you just dampen it as opposed to actually washing it.

The complaints on the QVC Facebook page about the Dyson Hairdryer and its nonstop appearance. Every day complaining shows about the TSV and other items cut short to show the Dyson. Loads saying they just turn over when it comes one. A woman said she has seent he purple version in John Lewis(think it was there), but got the reply from another poster but QVC's one is nickel!:mysmilie_15: That of course is really important when drying your hair not.

Unless your name is Rapunzel or Medusa the endless pushing to buy this is boring.

The constant hype of this product sickens me. Call me old fashioned but there is no way on this earth I'd pay close to £300 or more for a hairdryer, so this is a NO NO for me - as for that other thing, I'v e never read a positive review on or off of QVC and with a lot of these things, it all depends how your hair growth is, how long you've suffered from it etc., as to whether things work or don't - hype pure and simple, and folk making a heck of a lot of money on the back of it.

I saw that Katherine DePaiva telling us how good it is, and let's face it unless you live in the USA you have no idea who she is, I looked her up and she's a singer and actress who is best known for US daytime soaps - how the heck would we know or care.

All these adds are done by actresses, it's the same on our TVs - however, if you're a young thing you may not know or recognize any of them. I'm 69 now and have seen these actresses in their younger days, now doing tv ads because they're not needed or wanted on other shows on tv.

None of these folk would ever make me decide 'oh she uses it' so iI'll try it - bolox.

Having very short hair I will never know if this dryer is good or bad! I don’t have a problem with people paying big money for something if they have the money to spare.

What does my head (not hair) in is the fact that other shows are cut short to show this (15 mins early Honora) it pops up in the middle of every show AND has its own 1 hour shows.

It’s fast turning into one of those things where the constant promotion has the negative effect of turning folks against the brand and even more problematic for Q making them turn off,

Anyone in business will tell you that keeping the customer from going/watching/browsing the competition is just as important as the initial sale. This is how BOGOF originated- if you buy shampoo A every month each time you purchase you look at the available brands and may or may not buy brand A again, so they are only guaranteed 1 sale. If you have BOGOF/3 for 2 you don’t buy shampoo again for 3 months so they have stopped you going to the competition for 3 sales.

Once you have changed channels they have lost your interest which is potentially lost sales.

Latest posts

Back