Do you wish that you ------->

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
------> had taken more notice of "Christmas in July" now that xmas is only 2 weeks away, and the 5 months since July have flown by?

I am now panic shopping for last-minute gifts and wish I'd done something earlier eg in July (but not buying anything from QVC though).

I didn't buy anything from QVC's Christmas in July shows, but did get a few ideas and then bought the items cheaper elsewhere. I actually finished all my shopping a month ago and the presents have been wrapped for three weeks. :mysmilie_59: I'm usually very organised but have been more so this year.

I don't envy anyone having to battle through the crowds at this time of year so I'm avoiding the shops like the plague. It's no wonder that most people, including me, do the majority of their gift buying online.

No, I hate Christmas in July. I have bought all my presents, but not from QVC. I have not bought any from QVC this year, or the last few years either. Luckily I don't buy for loads of people, used to years ago, but as I no longer work, the amount of presents I buy has dropped dramatically. Mind you I have not wrapped them yet - I am never that organised, always last minute.

Good luck stratobuddy with your last minute buying!

They’ve no chance with me. I never even think about Christmas till after my son’s birthday at the end of November. All my present buying has been last week & this week but I don’t have many people to buy for now.
When I was little our Christmas tree went up on Christmas Eve, a tradition I keep to.
Christmas lasted from Christmas Eve till Twelfth Night when everything came down, all the decorations ( from the garden, we lived in the country) burnt. I can’t be doing with all these decorations from October everywhere, people wish their lives away. Come Boxing Day it will be summer holiday adverts!

Nope no last minute shopping for me. I buy odds and sods throughout the year as websites have sales or send me discount codes. I buy almost all of my Christmas gifts online and would hate to have to battle the crowds especially this near to Christmas. The only present I`ve bought from Q is a Cozee Home bedding set as a joint present for my son and DIL. Daughter in law stayed over one night last Winter and raved about my CH bedding and how warm and comfortable it was and so I`ve bought them a set. That`s my one and only purchase from Q for Christmas. Most of what they sell can be found cheaper elsewhere and other than lots of beauty tsv`s which I don`t buy into, there`s next to nothing I`d be interested in buying from them.

No, never buy from QVC in July or Xmas gifts from them. I buy mine in the sales and get 50-70% off. No one buys me expensive gifts so I prefer to get a really good deal and the people I buy for are always really pleased with what they get.

I do 99.9% of my Christmas shopping online (not QVC) but I like to hit the shops once over the festive season, you don't feel it's Christmas unless you get carried from one end of town to the other without your feet touching the floor it's that busy......no?......just me then. :mysmilie_17:

deliberately set a tiny budget for pressies around £10.00 and on the whole i have stuck to it. christmas is about family and friends and a nice dinner, some nice wine soppy films.

------> had taken more notice of "Christmas in July" now that xmas is only 2 weeks away, and the 5 months since July have flown by?

I am now panic shopping for last-minute gifts and wish I'd done something earlier eg in July (but not buying anything from QVC though).

Frankly, no.

I'm still debating whether to give her another LED bulb, it's becoming a Christmas tradition.

I'm sure that'd brighten up their day, and their night too. I've had my LED bulbs in my flat for 3 years now and they're still going strong.

I bought a friend of mine an electric blanket as he's doesn't have any heating system in his flat. I bought myself a rechargeable vacuum cleaner for the car and a Steiff stuffed plush toy snail called "Snailly" to put on the window sill.

Mr L and I have come to the stage where we don’t bother with Christmas presents, now just buy when we need or see something special or have a break away. Friends decided ages ago to stop buying and just have a night out sometime during the year. I have only 1 close relative left so my present buying is down to the bear minimum.

On one hand that is quite sad but in busy shops it is a gods send.

Food shopping is a whole different kettle of fish and a flipping pain in the neck but I wouldn’t trust on line shopping for special food, ok for washing powder but never ever for food as I am very fussy.

I usually spend 3 weeks in Nov on holiday in Florida and do the bulk of my present buying in the malls. This year I didn't go because Eric the cat is 20 and too old for the cattery. I've done my shopping on the dreaded high st, although I live in Chelmsford and it's been rather enjoyable. I've bought the Elemis TSV from QVC for my 25 year old niece who loves her premium beauty brands.

Off topic - 20 years is a fab age for a pusser. I had a ginger and white Eric myself, sadly he met an untimely end in 1998. Great name! Give him a chin rub from me, in case he's the reincarnation. xx

Latest posts

Back