Sleep Studio with GX Pillows TSV 11/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll watch because so many pillows are complete rubbish and go flat after 2 sleeps. I had some really good northern nights pillows that I think were a TSV ages ago and they are still doing the job but I'll see what these are.

CC

I bought two synthetic pillows in M&S some months ago £6 each and like them a lot, very soft and don't go flat (yet).

Just reading all the "pillow talk." I don't know exactly what these studio pillows are but I would hazard a guess they are made of memory foam and vastly overpriced much in line with QVC's ethos. Cue endless spiel about how how the value of a good night's sleep can improve your day (which is true) but I be they'll crank up the hard sell to the max. I bet Jill Franks couldn't LIVE without hers - even though she has done for 50 years quite successfully.

Does anyone remember when Suzy Adams - little miss Chameleon - changed her look with the weather - extolled the virtues of a quality pillow, its quality evident through its capacity to be stood up on one end (like anyone would ever need that?)

I have a memory foam pillow I bought from Primark about 4 years ago for £8. At first I didn't like it as it didn't feel squashy enough but over the years I have come to appreciate it - and it does mould to your shape after a few minutes. I am actually leaning on it now as I write this and it's lovely.

Yes I agree Julius, it will be overpriced for a memory foam pillow, but hey I bet the guy that "invented" it thought he'd won the lottery when he got a stint on QVC, because everything goes flying out the door on QVC.

I wonder who will be presenting them. I bet they will have a bed on set and the presenter will sink back and really ham it up with the overacting: "Aaaaaaaaaaaah, that's just SO comfortable you really have to try it and remember you have your 30-day money-back guarantee"...etc. The pillows will be touted as THE best thing ever. I bet they will be available for something like £60 each. They'll probably have Miss Irritating on there saying she couldn't live without hers and because she's a dancer she has to be very conscious re: the alignment of her spine and how she bought some for her girlfriends and how they couldn't live without them etc, and how she only has limited numbers available.

Heya shoppers! Checked out the pillow. Essentially it costs £27 and looks like a normal pillow however woven into the cover are three crossover straps in the shape of a letter "X." The inventor, a furniture designer by trade, claims to have invented the design after his daughter had an accident and couldn't find a pillow that would make her comfortable. The "X-straps" supposedly prevent the filling from being flattened and create an element of lift that supposedly provides support. That's the gist of it, however should you wish to watch a nauseating video with Miceal (and yes he DOES bang on about the 30-day MBG) you can watch it here:

http://www.qvcuk.com/GX-Bedding-Suspension-Medium-Pillow.product.806237.html

GX Bedding Set of 2 Suspension Pillows Medium Support
Item Number: 806756
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £35.00
P&P £5.95

This pair of innovative suspension pillows from GX Pillows each feature soft cotton, X-shaped ties in the centre, specially designed to help prevent the pillow and filling from spreading and flattening when laid upon. Sewn along the side seams inside and running through the centre of the pillows, these soft cotton ties support the hollow fibre filling, and in turn your head as you sleep, helping you to discover just how good a good night's sleep can really be.

Plump no more - the days of bashing your pillow in the middle of the night to fluff up the stuffing are gone. The GX support technology will keep the filling fluffed throughout your sleep.

Support network - as you lay your head on the pillows the central cotton criss-cross ties pull the sides of the pillows, along with the filling, up to gently cradle your head and neck, offering extra comfort and support throughout the night - they're the pillows that hug you back.

Gorgeous filling - with a medium-soft texture, these pillows are filled with a gorgeously soft and hypoallergenic polyester hollow fibre.

Founder Alexander Miles - a furniture and domestic product designer, he took apart dozens of pillows to solve the riddle of how to stop them spreading and flattening, with the aim of helping his daughter - who was recovering from a recent accident - feel more comfortable.

Made in the UK
Pillow face: 66% polyester, 34% cotton; filling: 100% polyester
Pillow (l x w): 74cm x 48cm (29" x 19")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806756

£50 for a pair of pillows with a crossover bit of elastic on them!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What stupid mugs will buy them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a load of old RUBBISH! £5.95 P&P looooooooooool.

Anyone tried them? I didn't buy them and I thought the P&P was too much. P&P on everything is sneaking up past £5-6 these days. QVC might want to consider free P&P on all the TSVs, I'm sure they would sell so much more.

CC

kipling bags a lot are £5.95 post and clothes if you want a top and bottom sold separate that can easily cost £8

Things you will not be hearing a presenter say when presenting this TSV "free postage" and "check the reviews on our website"

Latest posts

Back