Anne Dorrisons Cleaning edvice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
anne dorrison has just suggested that a broom you have used outside to clear up after pets and other rubbish can be washed in your dishwasher. is it me boing fussy but that sounds gross:puke:

Did anyone else see that television programme ages ago which showed someone who gave themselves coffee enemas and washed the equipment in the dishwasher?

Oh that`s gross. Mind you I worked with someone who used to cook a full salmon in her dishwasher for her Boxing Day buffet. Of course the fish was prepped and wrapped before she put it into the dishwasher and she said it always came out perfectly cooked.

Oh that`s gross. Mind you I worked with someone who used to cook a full salmon in her dishwasher for her Boxing Day buffet. Of course the fish was prepped and wrapped before she put it into the dishwasher and she said it always came out perfectly cooked.

Eh???? Dishes go in my dishwasher and nothing else, well glasses, but you know what I mean.

Anne Dorrington just talks utter rollocks and she's so annoying I'd like to pick her eyes out with a fork.

CC

I’ve heard this many times but wondered if it was more of an urban myth rather than fact.

I knew someone who washed her pets bowls etc in the d/w along with families crockery - it was difficult when eating there but her mantra was that it was so hot in the d/w it was all sterilised!!!

I hope she never buys that Miele dishwasher Q sold; it detects food particles and keeps going until there are none. They used to say Miele tested it with a whole cake and it did indeed digest the whole thing. She'd look and find just empty tinfoil and have to open that tin of John West pink salmon that's been lurking at the back of a cupboard since 1987 - hostess reputation in tatters!

Yes, I hate it when she says this, and also putting dirty mop heads in the washing machine too. You would have to run the machine with only that in, how wasteful is that!
Besides, I wouldn't want dirty mop heads in my washing machine.

Also putting things other than food in the microwave, they used to have those bears with lavender scented pouches in that you warmed up, a sort of hot water bottle alternative.
Surely the lavender smell would remain, and taint food afterwards. The other day they were saying keep perfume in the fridge, NO! fridges are for food.

I hope she never buys that Miele dishwasher Q sold; it detects food particles and keeps going until there are none. They used to say Miele tested it with a whole cake and it did indeed digest the whole thing. She'd look and find just empty tinfoil and have to open that tin of John West pink salmon that's been lurking at the back of a cupboard since 1987 - hostess reputation in tatters!

Along with a tin of peaches :mysmilie_11:

...ooh nice touch the peaches..with a splash of Carnation milk ...shudder... - Sunday tea at my Nana's usually ending with me staring at the syrup of the peaches curdling the Carnation; funny what takes you back!

There was a report in the news recently about a tin of kidney soup being donated to a food bank. It had obviously been lurking at the back of someone's cupboard as it was priced in old money so was at least 46 years old!

What you can't use your Dyson Hairdryer to dry the broom?:mysmilie_19:

Well you can use the second Dyson hairdryer for that and you will have saved money, of course, on half the postage (provided its the same colour). So versatile and economical.... ;-)

Tinned fruit salad was my favourite, my siblings and I always squabbled over who would get the one and only piece of cherry. Mum usually nicked it !

Well you can use the second Dyson hairdryer for that and you will have saved money, of course, on half the postage (provided its the same colour). So versatile and economical.... ;-)

if memory serves me right that cherry would have been cut in half and one half put in another tin...:mysmilie_17:

Over 60 years ago I was bottle fed with diluted Carnation Milk. Seemingly way back then it was quite common for babies to be reared on it. Can`t say it did me any harm, I obviously thrived on it but it`s something you wouldn`t hear of in these days of scientific baby milk formulas.

Latest posts

Back