Rocks and Co - no more!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocks and Co - no more!!

Wow!! Suddenly the family of channels get consolidated.

'Now One Channel Ė More Unique Gemstones, More Special Shows
    We have combined our UK and European jewellery channels into one so we can offer you an even greater variety of our fine jewels and jewellery.'

As much as some of the presenters used to annoy me it looks like Birmingham studio has closed overnight. Not a happy Christmas for everyone there, I do feel sorry for all involved in Birmingham.
    Ruthless!
    The new channel is presented in German with an English translation. Ring sizes given in European sizes prices are confusing too as the website shows a Euro and sterling price though the sterling price is approx!

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    wow turned over to the channel 1st time in ages. what a mess
    if they really think that's going to work for them the voice over in very cheap looking studio
    good luck with that..

Looks like John did the right thing getting away from them when he did. the speed that happened is just shocking

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

An absolute mess - seems the only presenters to survive are Cherry Cavill and Hannah Clemmow. They are selling tacky-looking multigemstone pieces for a blanket price of £62 each. The voiceover method is appalling. I do feel sorry for the presenters who have been suddenly left in the lurch. As for saying they are offering us more special shows and more choice - er, I don't think so!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnytown View Post
    An absolute mess - seems the only presenters to survive are Cherry Cavill and Hannah Clemmow. They are selling tacky-looking multigemstone pieces for a blanket price of £62 each. The voiceover method is appalling. I do feel sorry for the presenters who have been suddenly left in the lurch. As for saying they are offering us more special shows and more choice - er, I don't think so!
    totally agree.
    if they really think this format is going to work.
    it should be about enjoyable viewing along with items being sold. the crossed voices sounds like two radios on at the same time.
    if they actually think that's an acceptable standard, suspect Gemporia's sales and viewing numbers are about to rise greatly.
    Likes Bunnytown liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but on the first day they were showing a Euro price on screen and on the web there was an approx sterling price so there were two prices. Tonight, Wednesday, high end (!) Zultanite are being sold at 1999 Euro according to the presenters and that translates to £1999 according to the web site. I can't see this lasting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    I could be wrong but on the first day they were showing a Euro price on screen and on the web there was an approx sterling price so there were two prices. Tonight, Wednesday, high end (!) Zultanite are being sold at 1999 Euro according to the presenters and that translates to £1999 according to the web site. I can't see this lasting!
    No that is exactly what they were doing. I know the £ is weak at the moment but it is still worth slightly more than one euro. The idea is obviously to save costs and make more money by ignoring the exchange rate. If the UK is such a worthless market I'm not sure why they're even bothering with the English voiceover. Plus the screen kept going black for seconds at a time as the connection was lost. It is all really desperate and unsavoury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnytown View Post
    No that is exactly what they were doing. I know the £ is weak at the moment but it is still worth slightly more than one euro. The idea is obviously to save costs and make more money by ignoring the exchange rate. If the UK is such a worthless market I'm not sure why they're even bothering with the English voiceover. Plus the screen kept going black for seconds at a time as the connection was lost. It is all really desperate and unsavoury.
    Truly cant see how this is going to work.
    all that's missing is a giant score board and a few Nul points.
    so the hyped move to Birmingham after various other moves was for nothing.
    Just feel so sorry for all the workers and other presenters.
    Likes AndyW liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A total shambles of a channel now. I switched it on last night and got nothing but Rocks & Co adverts on a never ending loop. I let it run for about 15 minutes to see if a presenter would kick in but it never happened. Turned it on this afternoon and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The female presenter was speaking in English, her male companion (Sebastian) was speaking in German (with an English language voice over whenever he was speaking). The English presenter was chatting to Sebastian in English and he was replying to her in German (and vice versa). They could understand each other's languages but replied in their own languages! The English voice over had a German accent, the prices quoted by both presenters were in Euros and the prices quoted ON SCREEN were in pounds!! The whole thing was an utter shambles. There's no way I want to tune into this rubbish.
    Last edited by marino5549; 22-12-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out R&C earlier in the week and thought there was a technical glitch! Now I realise that this is their new format. It's terrible for all the reasons set out above. They pretty much abandoned their UK operation when they started up the outlet and sold only odds and ends - it started to look shaky then, and as soon as the Diniz brothers jumped ship. But I really feel sorry for all the R&C staff who were sacked the week before Christmas. It says all there is to say about this morally bankrupt company.
    Likes Bunnytown liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Totally agree with the sentiments on this thread. For all their faults, R&Co did sell some beautiful pieces. It's subjective of course but you could easily pick one or two presenters with whom you could live and keep watching.

Unfortunately, I bought two items online (not auction) about two days before the change and they're still not received. Feel a bit sick...