worn, perfumed clothing sold as new

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

snip

Registered Shopper
I just received some marla wynne garments, one is a poncho, was crumpled into a ball and shoved into a poly bag. No label and it stank of perfume. I am so angry. I want the top so have decided to wash it and no doubt my review will not be published. Is there any way of letting marla wynne know what qvc does with smelly returns?

You should complain very strongly to QVC as well, and possibly the ASA/Trading Standards etc.

But having washed it, you will have no proof now.

Also publicise it on one of the FB forums.

There is a marlawynne.com website and you can contact them through that site. I would!!!! Couldn't see an address or email though.

I just received some marla wynne garments, one is a poncho, was crumpled into a ball and shoved into a poly bag. No label and it stank of perfume. I am so angry. I want the top so have decided to wash it and no doubt my review will not be published. Is there any way of letting marla wynne know what qvc does with smelly returns?

Very annoying. I think you'll find several people on here have had similar experiences, snip. I'm looking forward to their posts so we have a little compendium of all their tales of items received pre-used, and how their complaints went down with QVC (who love to deny that it's what they do).

You'll be surprised at the actual amount of second hand items you get when you buy from QVC. The majority are returns but sent out in a good enough state for people not to notice, then there's the other end of the scale with Kipling bags with someone else's receipt in, Yankee Candle holder with melted wax stuck to it, a Ninja with food smeared on it and Birkenstocks with gravel stuck to the sole, these were the last things I ever bought (then immediately returned) to QVC at their expense of course, so after twenty years a customer with QVC from day one, I closed my account about four years ago because their returns were getting more noticeable. But I can tell you, this actually done me a huge favour because I've saved a fortune not buying things I don't need, the things I do see on QVC that I need/want, I buy elsewhere a lot cheaper, so basically what I'm trying to say is, roughly, eight out of ten items purchased from QVC will be someone else's return and customers will be paying full price for second hand goods, they just don't know it.

Perfume your lucky with that one
I’ve had cigarette, spicy food and BO smelling garments
Plus items with all the seam stiching stretched

The annoying fact is there are people who receive items in these used states on more than one occasion.They actually THANK QVC profusely when they deal with their complaints and shop again.

Thank you for your replies, yes I washed it because the garment itself is lovely but I need to get feedback in to marla wynne and will follow that up. I have bought a lot of marla items lately because they fit and hang so well, I have been lucky in most of the others were obviously brand new. Your stories above are horror stories tbh. I have stopped shopping for clothes, I have too many as it is and certainly enough to take me through the next few years

Last edited:
I have sent a full message to the marla wynne people, via her website. Lets hope she takes it on board

Shops do it when you return clothes too. BUT, they are inspected before being put out for sale again. QVC just seem to open the return and stick it back on the shelf for sale without even making an attempt to see if its fit to be sold again.

Shops do it when you return clothes too. BUT, they are inspected before being put out for sale again. QVC just seem to open the return and stick it back on the shelf for sale without even making an attempt to see if its fit to be sold again.

Well we all know customer care comes far down their list of priorities.It is apparently such a palaver to send stuff back(and of course The Letter for repeat offenders) perhaps they hope the majority of customers won't make a fuss and keep the second hand stuff and their mouths shut.

I have stopped going on waitlist to avoid this sort of thing. However, it doesn't stop the situation when you order something that has been on air before and it has been returned. The trouble is the presenters encourage people to wear and use things and then send them back. Biagi actually said the other day about something that you could wear it for a Christmas party and, if it didn't suit you, then just send it back. Why not just hire clothes out for special occasions. That could be another way for them to make money!!!

They really need to tighten things up when sending out returns. I had a Kipling bag once that had biro marks in it and it smelt of smoke. To expect people to pay full price for something that has clearly been worn by someone else is disgusting. Perhaps they should reduce the prices of such items or is that too much to expect.

Reading these posts, the number of filthy unhygienic people about is shocking. Sending kitchen items back still covered with food, clothes reeking of body odour etc.
Their homes must be like pig styes and they must hardly bath or shower, disgusting people who have the audacity to return things in these conditions.

Mind you, walking past smelly people in shops and in the street, I don't know why I'm surprised. :puke:

Reading these posts, the number of filthy unhygienic people about is shocking. Sending kitchen items back still covered with food, clothes reeking of body odour etc.
Their homes must be like pig styes and they must hardly bath or shower, disgusting people who have the audacity to return things in these conditions.

Mind you, walking past smelly people in shops and in the street, I don't know why I'm surprised. :puke:

I'm not surprised. Having commuted on the Tube for 40 years I can bear witness to the number of stinky armpits that are exposed when the owner reaches up to grab the handrail. Men and women. Also to the number of men with their hands wedged down the front of their trousers, which eventually emerge and grab hold of the handrails!

Humans are dirtier than most other animals.

Everywhere I go I am confronted by evidence of a total lack of consideration of others in the way people behave in a shared space... Not flushing toilets, not cleaning up after themselves in shared kitchens, mindlessly throwing rubbish on the floor. Somehow these people think it's not their job! So thinking we all have a responsibility to keep things nice for all of us, is not universal. I suspect these are the same people who cause us anger and frustration when dealing with QVC customer services when we feel we are treated as liars. Always a careless minority spoil things for the majority. Nothing new there, unfortunately. If QVC were more transparent about the return rules, and properly checked the returns, they could enforce rules about the condition of returned goods. Why would you want to keep customers who return soiled or damaged (by them) items? I bet a spot of smarming on fb or similar will get them a pat on the back where a considerate customer who tells it like it is gets banned... Or am I being overly cynical???

Also to the number of men with their hands wedged down the front of their trousers, which eventually emerge and grab hold of the handrails!

Humans are dirtier than most other animals.

:mysmilie_17: Lordy, do they still do that?? I used to live in London and use public transport. What people do and try and get away with (groping etc) is eye opening.

I did a bad return once. I had Carole Hochman fleece pyjamas which did not mix with my little dog that cast his coat constantly so that said dog hair permanently attached to the fleece. After trying for a week to get all the hairs off I gave up and sent them back. I'm so ashamed - hope none of you got them after me! I bought a multi-tool gadget this Christmas for Mr CC which arrived with no box and a bit of bubble wrap around it. Obviously been tried out. I kept the packaging as I was sure it would go back but Mr CC loved it so it's been kept after all. Wonder how many things they get returned after Christmas.

CC

Years ago from a distance at the Outlet I witnessed the manager and an assistant opening wide out between them some outlet shop returned flannel bedding
I’m sure they were making comments about it being purchased from them used for the whole month was returned back to them soiled and all bobbled
I didn’t stick around to witness if it was put back on the shelf to be resold again

:puke::puke::mysmilie_505::mysmilie_496::mysmilie_468:

Latest posts

Back