Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 20/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not my style at all, so I won't bother watching. I really don't like fluted or half length sleeves, never mind the shapeless style.

The design of the sleeves would put me off buying...the longer end draping in everything and then having to bunch all the fabric up to fit inside a jacket or coat. Standard boring colours as well.

Sleeves ok for when your stood or sat in a studio presenting but hardly suitable for the supermarket shop, school run, busy day at work followed by cooking an evening meal

I don't think Ruth's fashion is selling that well, as I have seen rather a lot in clearance and some on ebay, its a shame really as imo her fashion is much better than Michelle Hope's offerings.

Are there TWO tsv's then ??? a fluted sleeve top AND jeans ?????

Agree with all the comments on the frilly sleeved top - ok (Burley Kay on Sky favours these) when posing in a studio, but rubbish when needing to wear a coat, although I suppose that's why capes and ponchos are so fashionable !

The colours are boring too - why do manufacturers stick to black red purple and blue, why don't they break the habit of a lifetime and bring us, apple green/orange/silver grey/lavender/ - or better still, colours from the 1920's like oyster, muted pinks, mauves, I bet the stuff would fly off the shelves if they did.

Are there TWO tsv's then ??? a fluted sleeve top AND jeans ?????

Agree with all the comments on the frilly sleeved top - ok (Burley Kay on Sky favours these) when posing in a studio, but rubbish when needing to wear a coat, although I suppose that's why capes and ponchos are so fashionable !

The colours are boring too - why do manufacturers stick to black red purple and blue, why don't they break the habit of a lifetime and bring us, apple green/orange/silver grey/lavender/ - or better still, colours from the 1920's like oyster, muted pinks, mauves, I bet the stuff would fly off the shelves if they did.

no just the jeans are the tsv & the colours aint boring its what sells the most on Q & even when they do different colours like the oyster & all that you mentioned they dont sell & end up in clearence

I wish QVC would do more V neck or boat -neck tops. Round necks aren’t flattering for bigger woman, with round faces and/or large busts.

Does anyone agree with me that 29" is not petite ? I'm 5'7 but like to wear my trousers at ankle length so always plump for petite, which is generally 27" - well it is in other top brands I've bought.

no just the jeans are the tsv & the colours aint boring its what sells the most on Q & even when they do different colours like the oyster & all that you mentioned they dont sell & end up in clearence

These colours sell because that's all they offer, they might have realised that the TSVs that often sell first are the bolder colours, brighter colours, the latest Kipling TSV for instance were the pink and white went first. Most of us have watched QVC since you was in nappies, so we too have some knowledge of how they work.

These jeans look nice, but £41 is a lot to pay when you are more accustomed to Cotton Traders prices!
Does anyone know what the rise like? I need tower block jeans.

Looks like Ruth Langsford loves to change her "style" tight fitted blazer and jeans, slouchy blazer and jeans, smart blazer and jeans, casual blazer and jeans, different coloured blazer and jeans........... I can't watch her for more than a minute, but did notice that this is a range especially designed for her to put her name to, as opposed to her actually having anything at all to do with designing tight fitted blazer and jeans, slouchy blazer and jeans, smart blazer and jeans, casual blazer and jeans, different coloured blazer and jeans..............

she must get a lot of money to do a line with qvc and amanda holden. they are quite well off

Does anyone agree with me that 29" is not petite ? I'm 5'7 but like to wear my trousers at ankle length so always plump for petite, which is generally 27" - well it is in other top brands I've bought.

M&S and other High Street brands seem to do 29" as standard petite. I am 5'3 and sometimes struggle with this - I prefer M&S extra short but these are hard to find. I have ordered the RL jeans petite in black - on Advanced order. I hope they are not too long - should be OK if they really are 29" but in the past I have ordered so-called petite from QVC and they have not been 29" - more like 31" eg Diane Gilman and Nina Leonard. With the NL ones I had a pair of palazzos which were great then ordered another colour and they were 31" yet still said 29" on label. To be fair QVC customer services sent a pre-paid label and refunded my original postage. Know people here have found them unhelpful at times but I have always found them good - having terrible trouble with British Gas customer services atm!

There was a Mr Max trousers TSV on Jan 9th with a wider choice of colours (tho still in a little winter-drab palette), and they tend to have a similar Summer trouser or cropped trousers TSV later in the year with brighter coral and turquoise options. At around the £28 price folk maybe more inclined to try a bolder option but for a first RL TSV at £38 I'd stick to a safe everyday jeans colour to maximise £ per wear and justify the cost. Maybe the buyers think the same? Over on IW their PotD trousers this week pushed the multi-buy by offering £19 for one pair and £25 for two, so maybe that encourages buyers to buy a black and a say a teal pair, helping them to shift brighter colours (at effectively £12.50 each)?

On the whole I'm often mystified by the choices of "fashion" buyers on all shopping channels, but they'll only risk colours they expect to sell. Even then they sometimes have a complete turkey as a TSV and pull it early!

At 29" for the short option I won't order the TSV; if they'd had a 27" option I might have ordered a pair to try, but I'll survive and try on a few pairs in M&S when I next need a pair of jeans.

Latest posts

Back